It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does any criticism of Israel get the poster labeled an “Anti Semite”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread. I don't want to. I think many who are against Israel want to believe that ANY anti-Israeli remark gets them labeled as anti-semite so they can wallow in self-pity and claim they have been unfairly treated. I think if you look at the threads here the majority here who have taken anti-Israeli stances have not been labeled anti-semite. It's laughable, propogandistic rubbish.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

No, never self pity just want to expose the zionists for what they are. Zionism=Nazism.

That is the end of this comment.

[edit on 093131p://am3144 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
I haven't read the whole thread. I don't want to. I think many who are against Israel want to believe that ANY anti-Israeli remark gets them labeled as anti-semite so they can wallow in self-pity and claim they have been unfairly treated. I think if you look at the threads here the majority here who have taken anti-Israeli stances have not been labeled anti-semite. It's laughable, propogandistic rubbish.

Too bad you don't take time to read threads before posting.

If you had, you would have seen my post making a clear distinction between criticizing the state of Israel and criticizing Jews in general. The latter will get you labeled every time - and there are plenty of posts on this thread (such as the one directly above ^) and others like it that qualify.

Again, you'd have seen that if you had read the thread.

[edit on 1/6/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Can we criticise Irael without being accused of anti-semitism? Of course we can. Can we criticise the US without being accused of anti-Americanism? Of course we can. Can we criticise Obama without being accused of racism? Of course we can. Well . . . maybe.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by ClintK

No, never self pity just want to expose the zionists for what they are. Zionism=Nazism.

How does this have anything to do with the preposterous claim that being anti-Israel immediately gets you labeled as anti-semite? How are you refuting what I said? I don't see the logic.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Too bad you don't take time to read threads before posting.

If you had, you would have seen my post making a clear distinction between criticizing the state of Israel and criticizing Jews in general. The latter will get you labeled every time - and there are plenty of posts on this thread (such as the one directly above ^) and others like it that qualify.

Again, you'd have seen that if you had read the thread.

Too bad you didn't process what I said, based on the title of the post.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by ClintK

How does this have anything to do with the preposterous claim that being anti-Israel immediately gets you labeled as anti-semite? How are you refuting what I said? I don't see the logic.

Answer to your question on logic.

Most of the time it is impossible to see what simply is not there.

Oh, and ever read the expression "you can't judge a book by its cover"?

Aren't you attempting to do just that?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
[

Answer to your question on logic.

Most of the time it is impossible to see what simply is not there.

Ahh! So there is no logic in your statement. Now I see. Very productive thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether
Divide and conquer...

They, being the governments, attack their own and blame it on another. Disinfo flies on both sides and you have infighting and name calling. Then you have some on the board whose job it is to stir up the Anti this and Anti that sentiments. This is all part of the pattern that has been going on for years, it's just getting more "in your face" lately.

From reading the entire thread the above quote really stuck to perfectly describe this thread. The OP asks why criticizing the STATE OF ISRAEL earns him the "AS" label. The thread sticks to this course for a page or so then degrades into talking about Jews, NOT the STATE OF ISRAEL as what constitutes being "AS".

It then drops even lower when some "agent provocateur" mentions Pro Life ??? Seriously!

I'm no war strategist but wouldn't Divide and Conquer be the best way to kill a thread? Steer it away from it's intent and facts until it becomes another lemming in the pack of threads on this board - heading for the cliff that is obscurity.

I propose developing a new thread labeling system. Once which classifies blatant and obvious attempts at derailing and confusing the reader and ones which are downright attempts at disinformation.

In response to the OP I would agree with a recent poster that the word "Anti-Semetic (AS)" is a weaponized word used to label people who criticize the STATE OF ISRAEL and anything supported by such state. The payload of this weapon is to threaten your way of life, your career, your community and your thinking. It's totally disgusting but unfortunately successful until someone stands up to it. Terrorist organizations like the ADL are the bearers of this weapon and their army of lawyers and financiers are it's military/industrial complex.

my 2c

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
To answer the OP's question:

On the one hand there is this "cult of hatred, suicide, death and destruction that teaches their children "death to the Jewish pigs" and "death to all infidels until Islam rules the world".

On the other hand you have Israel made up mostly of Jews that believe in Life, liberty, feedom and peace.

(read on before you get finger happy with your keyboard and attack me).

In a recent post an ATS member conducted a survey in which both Muslims and Jews were given the following scenario:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If there was a small town of 100 residents, where everyone was sick and dying, and you had two options for dealing with the people what would you do:
i)leave the people alone to live out their lives or;
ii)wipe out the entire town of sick people,
what would you do?

88% of the Jews polled in the survey said leave them alone to live.
74% of the Muslims said wipe the village out without hesitation.

Muslims justified their answer by the Koran.
Jews justified their answer by the Torah.
Muslim = death to cursed people and infidels.
Jews = live and let live, give them a chance.

You don't need to be a Christian or a Jew to see the evil danger this "cult of hatred, suicide, death and destruction" presents to the world. You cannot side against Israel without siding against the Jews and in doing so you are advocating an evil cult of death. Try as you will to be neutral, and you end up doing nothing to stop the cult of death and terrorism. Even if you consider both sides as evil, one is then faced with choosing which side is the fundamentally more evil.

There is a serious fundamental difference. The enmity between these groups is inherently innate. War cannot, and will not stop, until everyone on both sides receives the revelation and rebirth of the Spirit of Love that alone is the blessing and goodness of all life.

Many believe, and justifiably so, that taking the side of terrorists constitutes an anti-Jew and an anti-Israel stand. You cannot separate fundamnetal beliefs concerning morals religion from politics here. They are all tied together.

Therefore channel good thoughts toward Jerusalem, to the Jews, to Israel, to all Arabs, Muslims, all followers of Islam and everyone throughout the world. Train your thoughts on the Spirit of Love and desire it to enter all hearts and minds throughout the world.

I call heaven and earth to record today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that you and your families may live.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
First off I think it’s just a base instilled reaction on the part of some people instilled by organizations like the Anti Defamation League, Jewish Defense League, American Civil Liberties Union, and the mainstream media and their bent towards political correctness.

Second off I would like to compliment ATS and its staff because the reality is they are about as impartial as you can get on the Internet and take serious steps to keep the forums on topic, relatively civil and productive.

I post on a wide variety of sites and many of them just posting anything anti-Israeli draws a gang of virulent responders who mince no words in attacking the poster in some of the most profane ways imaginable. That doesn’t happen here on ATS. A few have called me racist, anti-Semitic, and Muslim or terrorist lover, which almost seem flowery and complimentary compared to what might be the response on some other sites.

I kind of liken it to the Roman aide to Caesar standing alongside him in the Chariot holding the Laurel Crown above his head and extolling him to remember “Thou art mortal Caesar, thou art mortal.” Caesar doesn’t always appreciate being reminded. I like Caesar’s aide think it’s a good idea to do so.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by budaruskie

... and I suppose you blame the Jew (Iceberg) for destroying the Titanic too?

Regardless of how you feel, Jews contribute more to the world than do thier half brothers because they are productive, and not destructive, members of society.

And these are the sort of statements that get people wound up!

I dont dislike Jews, I dont dislike Israel. What I dont like is the way Israel are handling this situation, for a "grown up" country theyre acting worse than the UK and USA act in Iraq and Afghanistan. Oh no! Am I a christian hating sadist now because I dont agree with two christian countries?! (One of them I live in :O TRAITOR )

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Perhaps because ATS is infiltrated. How much easier is it to keep people disorganized through conflict. Works in the Middle East. How much of a super power would the Arab nations be if they didn't have some bee constantly in their bonnet about something. Don't play this game, its rigged.

P

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by krzyspmac
Unfortunatelly most people here aren't denying ignorance. In my opinion the majority of people posting here on ATS are not enlightened nor awakened (sorry for those, who really are). Fear roams thease boards hence the attacks, anti-semitic and rasist labels.

Very true.

And the moderators support this ignorance by removing any political post which strays very far from the "party line" as defined by Fox News and CNN, and by issuing U2U "warnings" when a road leads to Israel.

In the minds of ATS moderators "Deny Ignorance" means "pretend that you know the whole story, and suppress anyone who disagrees".

And S.O. is o.k. with it, in fact embraces it. Look through the ATS disinfo threads and you see the response that is given to criticism of ATS.

Instead of rebutting the ideas and theories presented, S.O. and the hirelings resort to personal attacks on the posters themselves.

Don't get me wrong, this place isn't a total waste of time. There is some wheat among the chaff, enough to make ATS worth reading.

Even a dedicated group of suppression drones like the ATS staff can't kill every worthwhile discussion.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Operation AJAX

In my opinion, just like many of you feel those who use the term 'anti-Semite' are using it as a last resort defense against their opponents, likewise, many of us feel those who use the phrase, 'I'm not attacking Jews- I'm attacking Israeli policy!' also use that as a get-out-of-jail-free card when their true intentions are exposed.

Although I am pro-Israel, I can understand it is not anti-Semitic to criticize Israel's actions as a government. That's fair enough to allow people to disagree on politics. But all too often I see members say something like, 'All Jews are evil elitists who see us as gentile swine beneath their feet and [insert a list of insults here against 'all' Jews].' Then when their remarks are labeled anti-Semitic by another member, they will often try to wiggle out of the accusation by claiming they were criticizing Israel when it is obvious to everyone their post was targeted to Jews as people and not the nation of Israel or its policies and actions.

The responsibility falls on us all. If you are going to accuse someone of expressing anti-Semitic opinion, please make sure they most certainly are displaying that attitude. If you are going to criticize Israeli policies, please make sure that is what you do instead of going on a rant about the Jewish people. There will always be the more sensitive among us who will still see things that are not there but if we can all do the above, tensions would alleviate around here somewhat.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I would just like to make the point that I owe no religion or its followers an ounce of respect. I can happily be anti-Jew, anti-Muslim, or anti-whatever religion all day long, and that is NOT the moral equivalent of being anti-black, anti-asian, etc.

Race, gender, and other circumstances of birth are by no way the fault of any person, and it is undeniably evil to promote prejudice on such a basis.

Religion is a CHOICE. I am free to criticize your choices and judge you by them. They confer you no special status.

If anti-Semitism meant what it appears to mean, that would certainly be racist and wrong. But anti-Semitism, in today's parlance, actually means anti-Jew, and though Jews may be free to take offense at it, it is NOT morally equivalent to racism.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Operation AJAX

In my opinion, just like many of you feel those who use the term 'anti-Semite' are using it as a last resort defense against their opponents, likewise, many of us feel those who use the phrase, 'I'm not attacking Jews- I'm attacking Israeli policy!' also use that as a get-out-of-jail-free card when their true intentions are exposed.

Exactly. Very similar to the quote used by liberals in the U.S. - "I support the troops, but am against the war", when in reality, they've never lifted a finger to support the troops.

In this thread, I don't understand why the word "Jew" needs to be used at all - ever - unless there is another anti-Semitic agenda by the poster.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I'm totally against the war(Iraq, or any war), and I support the troops. My brother fights in Iraq. And I am also a liberal. As is he. You see, life is so much more complicated than the monochrome paint you use to color it. This isn't a liberal/conservative issue. It is a human issue, as it is humans that are suffering, regardless of political and religious leaning, we all bleed the same.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here is a stat :

the percentage of Palestinians killed and injured is .2% of their entire population,
for the Israelis it is .00000002% thats less than a billionth -

um, this is genocide of the most murderous kind.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Or a communist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join