It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does any criticism of Israel get the poster labeled an “Anti Semite”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
You see, I like Israelis, but I don't like Israel. (I hate to be the one to say something that way)

I don't like the Israel because it's backed by the U.S. for bad reasons.

I wish there was a hug smilie
You like the Jewish people! I love them. I love the Palestinians too. I love the innocent children on both sides of this conflict.

I feel very apethetic to *most* anyone in a position of leadership no matter where.

To the OP: I agree it is a shame that the term anti semetic is thrown around the moment someone has an opposing view to Israel or even the Jewish people.

I personally would opt for having the labels of hate thrown out altogether and having Jewish blood (though watered down, but still where my pride rests now) anti-semite would be the first one I'd want to throw out.

The opposing views are great for helping each other come to a greater level of understanding one another so long as the brains in our heads are on and worth the space they are occupying.

The spewing of hatred really is becoming redundant and being an optimist generally, I am now starting to wonder if there is anybody "home" left on this planet.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Operation AJAX

Because the typical poster says "The Jews..." throughout the post.

That is anti-semtic because when describing France one says "French," or America they says "Warmongering NWO storm troopers." Americans are not described as "the Christians."

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Geez, if they don't care about their kids, why should we?

Try telling that to the pro life people.

Would they accept that as an excuse?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What 1/2 brothers are you speaking of? Why so defensive? All I did was pose a question, hypothesize about something else, and cite an undeniable historical fact. It doesn't seem a little strange that for hundreds of years a certain people were told to prepare for their king who would deliver them from slavery and poverty, supposedly this was GOD saying this too! Then when he appeared in the location and time described, they denied him and crucified him? Most people believe there is no Jesus in Islam when in reality there is no Jesus in Judaism, and he is part of the Islamic faith. I'm not taking sides, just citing facts and asking questions.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie
What 1/2 brothers are you speaking of? Why so defensive? All I did was pose a question, hypothesize about something else, and cite an undeniable historical fact. It doesn't seem a little strange that for hundreds of years a certain people were told to prepare for their king who would deliver them from slavery and poverty, supposedly this was GOD saying this too! Then when he appeared in the location and time described, they denied him and crucified him? Most people believe there is no Jesus in Islam when in reality there is no Jesus in Judaism, and he is part of the Islamic faith. I'm not taking sides, just citing facts and asking questions.

There are MANY in Judaism who accept Jesus as the prophesied messiah, we just don't accept him as G.d. Worshiping a man is strictly forbidden in the Tanakh. He was here to enlighten the JEWISH people, not to become a god to the world. If you are going to cite the facts, then at least get them straight.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Operation AJAX

Why does any criticism of Israel get the poster labeled an “Anti Semite”

It isnt just ATS, its that way in society in general and there is nothing that can be done about it.
I do get really tired of having to tiptoe around the subject on this forum but it doesnt really matter because regardless of how you word a post about Israel, there will ALWAYS be someone thats going to call you an anti-semite or Nazi or any other buzz word they can think of to try and discredit you and whatever point you may be trying to make.

I make no secret about how I feel about Israel.
I resent them because they are the puppetmasters that control my country but I resent my country even more for allowing ourselves to be the puppet.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I take it you have not been here recently to read the unfolding events on this board. It was only after complete miss use of information (lying) and propaganda style rhetoric (masonwatcher) that the anti-Semitic label came out.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by g raj

Pro lifers care about babies that have yet to be born.

In this case, the Kidd Jihadis are already born and their minds have already been made up because their parents have already chosen their destiny for them.

Big difference.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

What I meant by half brothers had nothing to do with Jesus or Christianity.
I was referring to the Sons of Abraham, from two different Mothers.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
I take it you have not been here recently to read the unfolding events on this board. It was only after complete miss use of information (lying) and propaganda style rhetoric (masonwatcher) that the anti-Semitic label came out.

Recently?
Dude, where have you been? Ive been on this site for a couple of years and its ALWAYS been that way.
Its just been a lot more apparent recently because of the most recent Israeli invasion but it has nothing to do with any one thread, post or member on ATS.
Its been that way since ive been a member here and im sure it was that way before I became a member here.

[edit on 1/5/2009 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Are you insinuating that all Palestinian children are part of some Junior Terrorists Kid Club, what are they called? Mosqueteers?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I find it hypocritical for one side to call the other as "anti-Semites" while they themselves hate Palestinians (who are also Semitic), thus making them anti-Semites.

It's just like the Godwin's Law, where in a discussion or debate, someone brings up WWII, Hitler, Nazis, or calls the person they're debating against as a Nazi, Nazi-sympathizer, and so on, that they themselves have nothing constructive left to say and will resort to name calling to divert the subject away so they don't lose the argument (when in fact, they already have).

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
There are MANY in Judaism who accept Jesus as the prophesied messiah, we just don't accept him as G.d. Worshiping a man is strictly forbidden in the Tanakh. He was here to enlighten the JEWISH people, not to become a god to the world. If you are going to cite the facts, then at least get them straight.

That is exactly what Muslims believe. We believe that he is the Messiah, and God's prophet, but not God himself. Basically, we pray to the same God Jesus prayed to.

I think what you can find in the moderates of the Abrahamic faiths is that we all have come to realize that we worship the same God, but we all have different understandings of him.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Posting as a Member, and not fully informed, I'd suggest the message to ALL was just about:

1. Drama;
2. Civility;
3. Board order and format.

SkepticOverlord is about the fairest and least biased Forum Owner I've ever met. He is after smooth running of the forums, calm interaction and decorum, and non proliferation of multiple threads and finally wanting to tone down angry arguments, I'd bet. But I can't speak for him here.

Let's make the assumption it's 'board business' and not 'politics' until we know more. We will probably get a clarification tomorrow so stay frosty.

HTH. Again just my personal observation.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I was banned from a forum (frugalsquirrels) for posting a website link to the news report of the Dignity getting attacked in international waters. Apparently I was anti-semite for posting the link.

One must ask himself "Why is anything that is opposed to Israel, anti-semite?" The answer is easy.....well to most independent thinkers.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The one thing I want to make clear is that many of the people who are outraged by Israel's actions would probably support Israel if their response had not been so ridiculously disproportionate. However, the Israeli military chose the path of slaughter and destruction and horrified the world. Now those who would normally support Israel are outraged and would prefer to be neutral than side with the murderers on either side. There is nothing anti-Semitic about being horrified by genocidal behavior. That much should be obvious.

Originally posted by Alxandro
Besides, if a certain group of people raise their kids to be martyrs by blowing themselves up and taking innocent people with them, why not accommodate them early on before they get a chance to fulfill their wishes?

Geez, if they don't care about their kids, why should we?

I don't know how anyone in their right mind could advocate the wholesale killing of children. You must either be drunk, ignorant, or a troll.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Anyone against Obama was labeled racist, same thing here. People scrape the bottom when they are desperate and have nothing else to come back with.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Its because the backbone of taking over israel back from the muslims was the jewish 'holocaust'. So because of that everyone bows down to the jews and gives them pity and if you don't agree or conform to this you are racist. Right. Get off the pity party of the century. I don't care if you agree or disagree or whine to me and accuse me of being racist. Blah blah blah blah blah. Its true, get over it, learn from history, stop making the same mistakes, stop believing everything you are told by the zionist jew media. Of course everything is going to be anti-semetic if you hate on the israeli's when everything media wise is owned by the jews. Pity pity pity. Its all a scheme to make you feel bad and conform to their beliefs.

And what makes it worse is that the people who suffered for this to happen weren't even aware of it. And im sure most people these days sure as hell aren't aware of it or speak about a different alternative because of fear of being 'racist' or fear of being attacked by a bunch of pity partying, un-educated people.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by jvm222]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This seems fairly simple and straight forward to me.

I think that if you can't post about what Israel is or is not doing without making it also an issue about Jews, you run the risk of getting labeled an "anti-Semite".

In other words, keep it political and you're fine. Inject religion into it by referring to the Israelis as "Jews" or the "Jewish state" and you're on shaky ground.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You're right, in that when religion comes into play, it also opens doors for that label, but race should as well too.

The funny thing is, in this war both sides are Semites. When one side is opposed solely for their race/religion, while the other is advocated for their race/religion then it makes the person anti-Semitic.

This war is purely political, and I think the debates should stay that way too. Whenever religion is brought up, then there is no more room for discussing the war.

Politics and religion just don't mix

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join