It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a ufo hit wind turbine in Conisholme UK? See picture and news article..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Has anybody gone up there and tried to gather some evidence as to what hit it?

Whatever hit it will have left some kind of residue behind, kid of like when two cars hit, they transfer paint etc.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Hey rikgrimsby, thanks for taking the time to go over there to check this out. Im looking forward to your report.

In the original story the blade was reported missing but in the follow up there was no mention of the missing blade. I would assume the reporter would try and get the repairmen to comment on a missing blade. Maybe it wasnt missing at all, try to locate it. EDIT: BBC reported the blade already found.
Also, if you have a camera, bring it and take as many pictures as you can of the surrounding area as well.

Thx

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Waldy]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I don't think it was a UFO. I'd be very surprised if a UFO was so clumsy to hit the blade of a wind turbine.

Also, I don't think it's melted in anyway -- the "dark" area is merely the lighting of the image making it look "burnt". The other blade that is warped and appears melted is only because the hardend casing around it has shattered and the blade material itself is stressed and warped.

There was a link to a video showing one of these things failing and a blade almost exploding off the unit -- similar to what happened here.

I'm quite certain there was no UFO involvement here. Perhaps peole "saw" a UFO at the same time, but I think if said UFO actually hit the wind turbine, there'd be a *bit* more damage than a single blade coming off

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

The blade has been recovered as I mentioned in an earlier post..
With more updates And now it has been reported in the Mirror www.mirror.co.uk...

The missing blade was found on the ground beneath the turbine, she said, adding that the company could not speculate on the cause of the damage.
and

"An engineer has been on the site since it happened, early on Sunday morning, and is carrying out a sort of forensic investigation."

[edit on 8-1-2009 by tarifa37]

[edit on 8-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
with regards to the wind turbine that got hit in uk, i live in the uk and this story was featured on our local news i can confirm that it was not lightning as there were no storms that night i belive there was a sighting of a strange light in the sky the night before the wind turbine was discovered to be damaged my theory behind it is there was no debri or blades because our government will have been in straight away and cleaned it up and took the blades for research,why did our news reporters not follow it up?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
haha so the blade was under the turbine the whole time, must admit this had me puzzled for a bit - if the blade was missing their might be something to this, as it is some crazy old lady saw some flashing lights and maybe some high voltage electrical arcs connecting with the ground.

As soon as i heard them talking about the glowing octopus demon my mind filled with pictures of jacob's ladders, tesla coils and other crazy esoteric electrical effects. Maybe the ice closed a circuit in the turbines system and electrified the ice which was on the blades, due to the frozen moisture in the air on a cold yorkshire morning the power was able to arc with the mist through the point of least resistance and down to the ground - much like those crazy glass balls that respond to where you touch them and look like an electric octopus demon.

I wish i could have seen it (through the bars of my faraday cage) it must have been beautiful, the heat generated would have been like an arc welder which would have easily melted right through the top blade (leaving the black charred lump) and melted the second blade so it hangs limply like it does.

The only real question in my mind is did the company obey the correct building codes when making the system? maybe ice caused the problem, maybe a badly designed system is to blame.

Of course the power might not have been coming FROM the power station, maybe the turbulent air around the farm had become highly charged (again due to ice and moisture in the air) and could have created a localized electrical storm, this could have created an arc with the top of the wind turbine and caused the damage.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Fantastic post,I think you could be on the money.Sounds very plausible to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Listen im frm london and last night (7/1/09) at about 11:45pm i looked up and saw 2 orange lights flashing next too eachother and then 2-4 minutes later they were gone happend too get it some off it on camera with my phone but it is not very good qulity....
they were flying side by side going up and then one moved left and one moved right and then they carried on going up and then like nothing they was gone it really freaked me out.
i will try too get my video on here ASAP.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is being covered as we speak on the Channel 4 lunchtime news, its not on yet as they tend to do the main stories first. I'll let you know the general tone of the news item and if there is anything new.

Engineers are at a loss to to find the reason for the damage. MOD aren't looking into it. Possibly a mechanical failure. The news guys just said that it as probably ice as opposed to a poorly navigated UFO (Insert newsreader smirk here) Nothing new eh? At least it was on the main news.

October

[edit on 8/1/09 by October]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

"haha so the blade was under the turbine the whole time"

I guess I should get Five Hundred points for accurately predicting this on page three of this thread:

'My guess is the missing portion of the blade is embedded in the ground somewhere and just not visible.

If these things fail at 500 mph, then the debris was traveling at least that fast when it hit the ground, possibly embedding itself completely.'

Edit: Come on guys, At least *Star* my post for predicting it right.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Damn it!
Everyone always beats me to the post!

I found this and wanted to start the thread but I was too late

Anyway, a little more information from a reputable British paper:

Daily Mail - Did a UFO hit this wind turbine?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by October

Metal Fatique

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Well, I wouldn't quite call the Daily Fail 'reputable'... however.

This is one you are all just going to love..

UFOs crashing into wind farms: has the Guardian solved the mystery?

I suspect the answer to the question posed is... umm... 'No'.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Don't be so flippant.

Discounting meteorlogical effects shearing the blades, and eye witnesses say they saw lights and what not in the area, it seems likely that an "object" struck the blades. As that "object" remains unidentified and was flying, it could be called a UFO.

UFO does not automatically = Aliens.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hey everyone. Yes as we know , this week has been somewhat nippy . My opinion is that this is either a weather related failiure or a mechanical/physical flaw with the apperatus itself. Perhaps a part of the gearbox mechanism was frozen? Perhaps the workmanship on the blade in question was sub par? Whatever the cause, I do not believe that this is a UFO related incedent, although I would be interested to know more about the actual sightings that were reported at the time.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

A lot of shouts that the fallen blade is missing, ecotricity, the owners of the turbine stated on bbc news that the blade is "missing" from the tower but was below on the ground and not MISSING as a lot of people think.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'm not sure if that makes sense that the weather is behind it. Why would all the blades not be affected?

Aelf

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The wind turbines i am pretty sure would be earthed like each and every metal structure ever built and although part fibre glass and part metal i am sure they would not be creating arcing when earthed. The fact that the still intact blade hanging on the tower is warped and bent when it is made of fibre glass is making me wonder how it can become bent without completely snapping off. either way this is wierd and i do not believe an electrical storm happened as i live 60 miles from this place, and am eagerly awaiting follow up reports from ecotricity the owners of the tower after they get the analysis results back from the damaged blades. very interesting this one! things are pointing in the direction of an intergalactic RTA
yet the guy that said he saw a round glow with red edges hovering above shortly before the turbine incident is of equal interest.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
All you people who are claiming theories ather than UFOs (=alien space ships) are forgetting that there were loads of witnesses of UFO's that night. Erm that's a clue no?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join