It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a ufo hit wind turbine in Conisholme UK? See picture and news article..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Hi tarifa37 good video about the bats was very informative and from the newscientist which is very well respected.
Also with the Sun story specifically the part by Nick Pope, where he mentions the part about the incidents with UFOs recently in Wales (i think) where they almost collided with the helicopters. Well maybe and this is a bit out-there, just maybe it has something to do with the blades creating a change in pressure like the wind turbines with the bats. I mean well i have had a conversation with someone where i suggested that why is it out of the question that certain UFOs might not be ships as such but actual living creatures. Like in the sea for example we couldnt live in the sea but fish can, could there be creatures that are capable of living in space? And maybe they dont like the pressure drop that is created by these blades so they attack them. The UFO almost hit the police helicopter.
Anyways just trying to think outside the box i have absolutely nothing to back that up with.

Oh and if you want to quote something do this, put the quote in-between ex with [ ] surrounding the ex at the start of it and end it with /ex inside [ ].

like so [ ex ]Text[ /ex ] (without the spaces)

or use the red EX under the font type.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Wow...It's not often i read a post on here, that i could have written myself!

I agree with you completely.

I't's really annoying isn't it.

spikey

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

Where's the UAV now? Wouldn't it have been in tiny pieces?

Can't be that, where's the blade? There would be forensic evidence present everywhere.

spikey

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

It'd be a simple fix. Just run small diameter heatpipes along the blades.

The generator, when turning creates waste heat. Did i say waste?

Not if you run a fluid around a small bore heatpipe routed around and near to the hot areas. It's would radiate the heat away, and divert it to the blades. Easy. Relatively, anyway.

Don't even need to tap a small amount of the generated juice to do the same job, either.

spikey.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

What would a military jet fighter, at that time in the morning, be doing flying that low in the first place?

Why didn't the locals hear a jet engine screaming around in the early hours?

The stall speed of a jet is quite high, so naturally, this hypothetical jet was travelling rapidly.

Rapid rate of speed and very low altitude, coupled with flying into a pair of 80ft turbine blades is going to spoil ANY pilots day, military or otherwise, armoured or not.

The minutest course deviation at speed and low altitude, such as the effect colliding with the turbine would have over heading and control, would be catastrophic with milli-seconds, and a rather sudden landing would ensue, shortly after.

There would then be physical evidence of a jet. But there's none.

spikey.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Yeah, i can believe that they can and do embed deeply into the earth.

It's just that this turbine wasn't doing much at that tine. The weather was cold, and they had virtually no wind through the farm at that time.

So, it wouldn't have been rotating fast enough.

spikey.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ok, forget my original post about a meteor being responsible, it was aliens, I've been told by the intergalactic EU that they took the blade to experiment upon as they were getting negative ratings on the whole cattle mutilation thingy, also Zxybloarrrrbbbbb was driving that day, and he crashed into the second propellor, he's new on the job and the insurance company is being a bit iffy about paying out.

On a serious note, I live on the north west coast of england, Workington, Cumbria to be more precise, and when i look out my window over the solway (the ocean) they are building wind turbines out there, in the middle of the ocean, where there is lots of wind, in fact i dont think it gets much windier, except in my pants after a good curry, but they aint putting a wind farm there i can tell you.

I dont think high winds were responsible for this one, besides there was no high winds in that area when it supposedly got damaged.

[edit on 7/1/09 by woogleuk]

[edit on 7/1/09 by woogleuk]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Screwing around.
Pilots do that a lot you know, especially fighter pilots:

There is some nice footage of pilots screwing around in some farmers field in that video.

As to the blades, if they are 80 feet... Yeah that is pretty big. I did not realize that we were talking about such a large structure.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So where the heck is the blade? They must have found it by now if it was knocked / flew off. Very interesting find.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

"Pilots do that a lot you know, especially fighter pilots"

Yeah, they might.

Especially if their plane is apparently indestructible....

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

A normal size fiberglass blade on a windmill would do about the same amount of damage that a bird strike would do. Now if it is a huge windmill with 80 foot blades like the other poster mentioned then that is a different story.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

"Now if it is a huge windmill with 80 foot blades like the other poster mentioned then that is a different story."

Well that is the case.

What sort of plane could get away with striking an 80 foot blade?

Do you think one of these could survive?

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It depends on a lot of factors, like is the blade designed to shear if it hits anything.

Care to tell us about interrogating transponders again?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

"Care to tell us about interrogating transponders again? "

Again?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
well it isnt on a "sketchy" newspaper now its actually on the BBC news

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
What i would like to see is the computer records from the wind turbine.

Yes the have a black box recorder in wind turbines.
there is also a internet connecting to all wind turbines of that size.

This is part of the diagnostic system to tell the owners of the turbine when and if the turbine need care.

In the US some of the turbines in Calif are controlled by a control room in Florida.

I just finished a wind turbine course at the local collage and have seen the control systems they have.

If a JET fighter hit one it would be in worse shape then the turbine blade, the wing on a jet a lot weaker then the fiberglass that is used on the blades on the turbines.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by ignorant_ape

A civilian plane would not have survived it, but a lot of military aircraft have armor plating that I am sure could handle a piece of fiberglass.

no way man, no aircraft known to man could hit that and keep going (with the blade stuck in its wing)

Impossible I say.

If a rock on the runway can destroy a jet's engine, than a turbine blade would cause utter destruction of the jet.

Armor plating? You mean to stop AAA fire...well this is WAY more physical impact than a bullet

and what kind of stupid pilot would fly this low thru a wind farm?

IF there is no blade to be found, im going with UFO because its the simplest explanation

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
What i would like to see is the computer records from the wind turbine.

Yes the have a black box recorder in wind turbines.
there is also a internet connecting to all wind turbines of that size.

This is part of the diagnostic system to tell the owners of the turbine when and if the turbine need care.

In the US some of the turbines in Calif are controlled by a control room in Florida.

I just finished a wind turbine course at the local collage and have seen the control systems they have.

If a JET fighter hit one it would be in worse shape then the turbine blade, the wing on a jet a lot weaker then the fiberglass that is used on the blades on the turbines.

i agree the jet would have been obliterated no matter how awesome it is

and i must say, theres a 0% chance of us getting that computer data, and even if we did, it would probably be faked, due to the absolutely BIZZARE circumstances

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Actually, I think you would be shocked at what military aircraft can withstand.
Here is a F-15 landing with one wing ripped off:

As to FODing out an engine, that is mainly due to the design of the engines and the speed that the fan blades rotate at. Engines are designed a certain way so that certain factors cause them to disintegrate without harming the wing or fuselage.

However, as I already said, a huge wind turbine is a different story then the small privately owned windmill.

[edit on 1/8/2009 by defcon5]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join