It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a ufo hit wind turbine in Conisholme UK? See picture and news article..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by orgyofthedead

I still think it will turn out to be ice damage,as the temp was about -2to -3 so would be possible for ice and would seem probable. I am no expert of course just an educated guess.I hope it was a octopus ufo but not going to place a bet on that theory
www.lulu.com...

And the latest news..www.louthleader.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The story is now being widely reported on the Internet,such as here
alienufoparanormal.aliencasebook.com... also new report here..xenophilius.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

Well, no, not really, if it was small enough, it, and the propellor would have shattered into millions of tiny fragments, there would have been no impact, it wouldn't have had to have been more than the size of your fist, travelling at that velocity, and with the extreme temperature it would still be putting out from atmospheric entry. Like i said in my originial post though, it was just a thought and probably no where near what actually happened, its just possible is all, highly unlikely, but possible.

[edit on 7/1/09 by woogleuk]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
anyone have a clue to the wind speeds near the time that the damage occurred??

i understand this is explained fairly easily if it is the 'fail safe' feature.

but wouldn't there be a good amount of information if such freakish winds were occurring?
plus there is no debris or evidence something hit near bye which is weird in its own way.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
am from grimsby and there has been alot of ufo activity around the aerea ie orange lights seen flying around.in grimsby,hull and louth and also along the east coast of lincs.am off tomorrow night for a look around the wind farm and to see if i can see anything around.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allegory of Illumination
anyone have a clue to the wind speeds near the time that the damage occurred??

i understand this is explained fairly easily if it is the 'fail safe' feature.

but wouldn't there be a good amount of information if such freakish winds were occurring?
plus there is no debris or evidence something hit near bye which is weird in its own way.

As posted by Highlander,
North-east England
Sunday 4 January, 2009 03:00 GMT

Albemarle W 9 N/A 22.0 0 1023 Falling Overcast
Bingley N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A No Data
Boulmer W 11 N/A 19.0 2 1022 Falling Overcast
Dishforth S 3 N/A 8.0 -3 1024 Falling No data
Leeming W 5 N/A 16.0 0 1024 Falling Mostly Cloudy
Linton-on-Ouse W 2 N/A 14.0 -2 1024 Falling No data

I think the wind info is in there somewhere.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
am from grimsby and there has been alot of ufo activity around the aerea ie orange lights seen flying around.in grimsby,hull and louth and also along the east coast of lincs.am off tomorrow night for a look around the wind farm and to see if i can see anything around.

Fantastic, boots on the ground that is what we need ,oh and please don't forget to take a camera /camcorder with you

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My home base is Yorkshire. I pay a lot of attention to the weather as I cycle to work.

Believe me there has been diddly squat wind in Yorkshire or the rest of UK over the past few days as the weather / anticyclone has generated no wind.

There may have been some local variation to cause wind - but this is in a fairly flat area so I am clutching at straws.

I saw this on the news and happy to run with the shattered ice theory (as this has been miserabley cold few days) but seriously would not pay much credence to high winds theory.

Love the comment about the coffee table!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I found this - okay it is 2007 but could it have been sabotage?:

www.louthleader.co.uk... jp

I know that near me, we are famous for crop circles which just coincidentally is within 1/2 mile of the local farming college!

Hell I confess to wanting to make the crop circles myself after a few pints!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Sorry can't get your link to work,sometimes if you copy the link before the page has fully loaded I find that it does not work.Maybe try again.I think If I made a crop circle after a few beers it would look pi#### ,like me.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is getting weirder and weirder. Here is what the UFO supposedly looked like:

Did the UFO abduct the wind turbine blade?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

You think that is weird?Get this,the wind turbines were attacked by an octopus type of UFO to stop bats from having their lungs explode!! Don't believe me watch this.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Then the witness is obviously unreliable. This isn't an octapus. It's a hexapus.

WG3

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

This is not what the UFO looked like it is just an image created by Lenny Montana link

a Sci-fi inspired spiral of Doom with a middle Eye of Death and tentacles of Futility!! and its lookin atcha! needless to say , apart from a Photo of my Eyeball it is a 100% Photoshop Creation. Photoshop 6 i believe... i recall many layers and a very slow AMD Athlon chugging away as i changed blending modes time after time.... boredom and PS ... eternally superb!!!

Nothing to do with this incident, not an artists impression of what he saw whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
Then the witness is obviously unreliable. This isn't an octapus. It's a hexapus.

WG3

Not that im trying to defend anyone, but thats not what he saw(see above).
Also one of the other witnesses was a counselor whom i would think is a reliable witness,Coun Robert Palmer, Chairman of East Lindsey District Council.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think I may have found video of the culprit.

Sorry ,I could not help myself.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just saw this story reported on sky news paper review.It is in the Sun newspaper tomorrow.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

www.thesun.co.uk...
Quote from the above article in The Sun.

[The object that struck the turbine at Conisholme near Louth on Sunday dodged others surrounding it — and last night experts had no explanation for what it was. There were NO reports of any aircraft collisions.

Council health and safety officials said even the strongest gale was unlikely to be responsible.

The damage was described by the Health and Safety Executive as a “unique incident”.

Wind farm company Ecotricity admitted: “We don’t know what caused the problem. We are investigating.”

Advertisement

UFO expert Russ Kellett, of Flying Saucer Review, told how dozens of reports of mystery objects poured in before the crash.

He said: “Balls of light were seen in the sky and the MoD has no explanation. We are very, very excited about this.”

Last night the incident was the talk of the internet. It was dubbed the “Octopus UFO” because of the tentacles and how the lights appeared joined in formation.

The MoD said of the latest scare: “Unless there is evidence of a potential threat, there is no attempt to identify the nature of each sighting.” ]

Also Nick Pope has given his view.
[MyView

By Nick Pope

UFO expert

THIS could be one of the most significant UFO incidents for years.

If something collided with the wind turbine — as seems certain — there may be residue on the damaged parts that could help solve this mystery.

In the last few months there have been two near-collisions between UFOs and police helicopters — and now this.

There’s a public safety issue here, whatever you believe about UFOs.

The Ministry of Defence’s standard line on UFOs isn’t good enough. The MoD and the Civil Aviation Authority need to investigate as a matter of urgency.
]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's on the front pages of The Sun newspaper. They reported on it on bbc news and the news reporter was laughing as if to say it was a load of nonesense, it makes me so angry, ive seen news reporters laughing about this like little children so many times. It's time to have a mature aproach on this very serious subject.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
An separate report of an object seen only miles away in daylight just hours before.

www.thisiss.../news/UFO-sighting-N-Lincs/article-590154-detail/article.html

Whatever you believe in ufos or not, something pretty odd is happening at the moment in the skies over the UK. I am still not clear if the blade disappeared, or is just "missing" from the turbine and has been found. If it has vanished then I am concerned, as that really does defy explanation. Even a bolt of lightning, fire, ice or turbine failure would have left debris. And it's not that easy for a prankster to just wander off with an 80foot chunk of metal either.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by highlander2008]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join