It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a ufo hit wind turbine in Conisholme UK? See picture and news article..

page: 29
<< 26  27  28   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Yes your right I guess that will happen. So why dont they just tell the truth then we can all decide.

Is anybody investigating the body of the turbine? You'd think that would hold just as many answers as the broken arm does.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

one real posibility IMHO is that all parties are playing the BSE [ blame some one else ] game

ie its POSSIBLE that the operator and builder are blaming the manufacturer - claiming its due to a defect in materials / blade construction

the manufacturers abaming either the builder caiming incorrect fitting / damage in transit or fitting OR accusing the operator of not following mainainence regiemes etc

like i say - i have no evidence for this peice of speculation - but i have seen comparable cases of ` why did a system fail catastropically ` , go the way i discribe

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by tarifa37

IMHO - no and it amazes me that people can so quickly jump tp the " UFO / aliens did it " hurrdling over all the mundane posibilities

look at the vid - i cannot tell if they are free from any impact damage - but all 3 blades look ` significantly intact `

the seat of fire is clearly the generator hub , the cause of the fire could be any number of reasoins - electrical short curcuite or failure of a bearing being the two mist likley

look at this pic :

are you going to blamre a ufo for this too ????????????????

Holy moly! I was joking.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The results of the tests carried out on the broken blade should be back next week.
www.louthleader.co.uk...

The truth is out there: UFO Turbine explanation could be in next week

Published Date: 03 February 2009
By Faye Preston
Tuesday 2pm -

AN EXPLANATION into the mystery of the fallen 'UFO blade' from Conisholme wind farm could be arriving this week.

As reported, the 65ft blade which fell from one of the mammoth turbines in January was sent to Germany for forensic testing.

UFO enthusiasts across the world were excited by the mysterious incident after residents saw 'strange lights' in the sky the night before the blade fell and speculated whether a UFO caused the damage.

In just a matter of days, the UFO theory could be proven or discounted as experts' finish their examination of the blade before sending their conclusion to wind farm company, Ecotricity.

Keep checking this site to see more updates.

The full article contains 128 words and appears in Louth Leader newspaper.
Page 1 of 1

* Last Updated: 03 February 2009 1:34 PM
* Source: Louth Leader

I guess we shall all have to be a little patient ,till next week.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
IMPORTANT UPDATE......

UFO turbine results are in - ET is innocent!

www.louthleader.co.uk...

FO turbine results are in - ET is innocent!
Published Date: 09 February 2009
Tuesday 7am -

The damage to one of Ecotricity's wind turbines on Fen Lane, Conisholme, was not caused by a UFO a report has concluded.

Speculation reached fever pitch after a the Louth Leader reported a number of local people seeing strange lights in the sky in the vicinity of the wind park.

But, following several weeks of forensic examination of the turbines components the manufacturer, Enercon, has today ruled out 'collision' as a possible cause.

An interim report has concluded that bolts securing the blade to the hub of the turbine failed due to 'material fatigue'.

The bolts used to attached the blade to the hub of the turbine exhibited classic signs of fatigue failure.

Enercon have ruled out bolt defect due to the nature of the failure and the investigation is now looking into 'supporting components' - those parts on either side of the bolts.

If one of these supporting components failed it would induce stress in the bolts beyond their design limits and cause failure. Further tests are currently being carried out.

Managing Director of Ecotricity, Dale Vince said: "We hope to have the results back in a few weeks. It's a job of separating cause from effect now - we can see which bits are broken, but which bits failed first is the bit that needs forensic investigation - it's all clever stuff"

Ecotricity continue to liaise closely with The Health & Safety Executive and East Lindsey council.

A thorough inspection of all the turbines at Fen Farm Wind Park has been carried out.

Ecotricity, Enercon and the HSE have no concerns with the ongoing safety of this, or any other, wind park.

No surprise there then

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

ET innocent.

Oh well thanks for that...hang on I can hear something..... I hear cries of cover up lol

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

I found this on bbc site they claim ET was not the reason of the happening. How do they know? did they go and ask ? it is still not know what was the cause. they believe material fatigue

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It was fun while it lasted!

Among others the Mirror States;

Experts investigating a turbine at the centre of a UFO mystery say they have discovered how it got wrecked.

Strange lights had been spotted shortly before one of the blades was sheared off.

Some people even suggested an alien spaceship crashed into the wind turbine.

But manufacturer Enercon has now found bolts holding the blade had come loose.

With the interesting and unique part of this case attributed to a terrestrial explanation I personally feel the numerous witness testimony collated around the time is by and large down to conventional explanations, such as the fireworks display in the area, chinese lanterns in the area around this time, the couple of flight paths in the area and general aviation etc etc.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
More here from Telegraph.co.uk

But after weeks of analysis the turbine manufacturer Enercon has released an interim report identifying material fatigue as the cause of the accident. They are now carrying out further tests to establish what caused the bolts to come loose, focusing on the blade and hub components to which they were attached. If one of these failed, the bolts could have been put under unbearable stress. "The bolt failure was the effect not the cause of the problem. They have ruled out bolt fatigue and design problems, and we know that they were properly put on," said Dale Vince the co-founder of Ecotricity, which owns the farm.

And I love this bit...

Other causes of the damage mooted at the time included aircraft, frozen urine dropped from a passenger jet and – least plausibly – collision with a flying cow.

Hey...if one can jump over the moon....

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Conclusion:

The report is finally out and the result is....a broken bolt.

Yesterday, however, the turbine's manufacturer published the preliminary results of an investigation into its failure, revealing a rather more prosaic culprit: a broken bolt.

Source

Just thought I'd wrap this up.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hi im new to the forum. Im living temporarly at Skegness at the moment its about 30 miles from conisholme wind turbine farm. On 8th April at a local caravan park my self and my partner plus my three kids all watched as two aircraft where flying with glowing balls flying next to them from one end of sky to another, the balls of light disapered up into the sky leaving the aircraft circulating round for about 40 mins. At this time to there was also three small fighters flying around as well. On 25th April My self and my partner where on our way out for a night out. We went to the sea frount in Skegness and traveling from the direction of Gibralter point was a very bright orange/ Yellow soft pulsating light, it traveled out at see above the windturbines here that are placed just off shore and stoped hovering in line with the pier, the time was 8.30pm it then moved away from the beach and disapiered into the cloud and there was no sound. At 9.45 we sighted the same object very simalar to the first time. My partner was shocked as to what it was probaly. Today we both have seen a object the same traveling across skegness and out to see. I realy have never seen any thing like these objects that i have seen recently. Iv lived in the locality of our raf bases and am involved in flying of Helicopters and Light aircraft at a local field. There is regular sightings at the moment in this aria and i thought because this was over local wind turbines i would post.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Billturbo

So you are saying that there were ufos in the area at the time. Maybe ET got let off with a warning.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I dont live too far from where this incident occured. I can tell you that there was no high winds or storms at the time.

Sightings around this area are quite common though. I have seen 2 unexplainable phenomena in the past week. Somthing tells me that somthing big is going to happen soon. What do you guys think?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
i agree.....its a hot spot around there the coast way.i think doona nook has something to do with it all tho aswell.am from grimsby and sometimes see orange lights in the sky just moving without no sound and no other lights with them.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Bump

What do you guys think Now?

Coverup?

Love

Elf

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28   >>

join