It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a ufo hit wind turbine in Conisholme UK? See picture and news article..

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by danskiUK

Thanks for finding the fantastic pictures danski!

I also add to the very first posts that the Enercon E48 800kw turbine design in use at Conisholme.

Does NOT have a gearbox - "The Rotor-Hub is directly connected to the Generator Rotor" so gearbox failure scenarios do not apply. (also here and pdf here)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wig - - - He did say that initially he thought it was just a the moonlight playing tricks through a hole in the clouds, - - -

The moon was nearly full that night. Not only was the moonlight very bright, it was 50% brighter than it would normally be. That's because the moon was at perigee and the Earth almost at perihelion. Here's why the lighting was unusual on the night of the incident.

1. The Moon was at perigee, the side of the Moon's elliptical orbit closest to Earth.

2. The Earth-Moon system was near perihelion, the side of Earth's elliptical orbit closest to the sun. Extra sunlight increased the reflected luminosity of the Moon.

3. The Sun-Earth-Moon trio were almost perfectly aligned. This triggered a strong opposition effect--an intense brightening of the lunar surface caused by the temporary elimination of normal shadows.

These data are taken fromSpace Weather website

Maybe the unusually bright moonlight had a part to play in what witnesses saw? Moonbeams projected through clouds were a distinct possibility.

WG3

[edit on 14-1-2009 by waveguide3]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by danskiUK

1). The turbine is twisted around on its axis.

just my IMHO but all that shows is that the undamaged units why are still opertating - were AT THE TIME the photo was take - AT A DIFFERENT ANGLE to the damaged unit .

now obviously the question is - what was the wind dirrection / oreientation on the hubs @ 4 am on the sunday morning

all hubs may hace been at the angle that the damaged one is now - and the onthers have moved since to align themselves with the wind

is the damaged hub still able to slew ?

Wig

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by danskiUK
1). The turbine is twisted around on its axis.
I'm sure these things will move around with a change in wind direction. Broken turbine will not move around anylonger, so it's actually the other turbines that have moved.

2). There are conflicting reports about the blade that was detached.

Yes there are conflicting reports. In the absence of Dorothy's quoted remarks saying there was nothing on the ground, I would explain it as some idiot reporter being told "the turbine has one blade missing" and writing that up as though the blade is nowhere to be found, but what the person interviewed meant was that the blade is no no longer attched to the turbine. However, The alleged quotations from Dorothy need to be investigated further in person with Dorothy by someone from ATS. It could be complete rubbish printed by the paper, it could be Dorothy herself does not exist. Apparently Dorothy took some photos on the morning of the 4th, we need to see those photos.

The sun also stated that the blade was not a the scene:

Apart from the fact you can't trust a word the Sun ever says, see my previous explanation regarding how the idea of a "missing blade" was started by the media, then some of them obviously liked the idea so much that they just "went with it" even though they knew they were talking rubbish to the public.

[edit on 14/1/2009 by Wig]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
reply to post by Vasili OH BOY Borodin

Oh come on OH BOY if anybody can give me a quick summary of the state of this propellor its you!! Whats the latest, whats the story? National security is at stake here, I need to know. NOW. Whats the low down...?

Miss Green

Erm... (stifled cough)... Hi Mr. Green, you may want to be a little
careful when calling on Vasili, there are rules.
Ramius once passed me a ragged sheet of paper and I have
never forgotten the words wrote there.
When interacting with Borrodin:
Do not touch the glass.
Do not approach the glass. You pass him nothing but soft
paper - no pencils or pens.
No staples or paperclips in his paper.
Use the sliding food carrier, no exceptions.
If he attempts to pass you anything, do not accept it.

Do you understand me?
"What's the low down?" Sounds charming.
The wind turbine no longer turns and If I help you, Mr. Green,
it will be "turns" with us too. Quid pro quo. I tell you things,
you tell me things. Not about this Ufo case, though.
About yourself. Quid pro quo. Yes or no?
[pause]
Yes or no, Mr. Green? Poor little Vasili is waiting.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan

Originally posted by Mr Green
reply to post by Vasili OH BOY Borodin

Do you understand me?
"What's the low down?" Sounds charming.
The wind turbine no longer turns and If I help you, Mr. Green,
it will be "turns" with us too. Quid pro quo. I tell you things,
you tell me things. Not about this Ufo case, though.
About yourself. Quid pro quo. Yes or no?
[pause]
Yes or no, Mr. Green? Poor little Vasili is waiting.

YOUR ANSWER VASILI

The answer is yes, but you must promise me one thing....Vasili must be kept under control....are you able to do this? He must never leave his side of the glass..otherwise deal is off.

You say the propellor no longer turns...shame. Well Im sure they can get a new one, the electric must continue. It will be replaced soon...only to become something of myth and legend.

Charming you say, well yes. I would be no other way to Vasili, he helped me greatly with that little Grey problem I had. Just make sure he is kept under control that is all I ask.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I noticed that The Sun reporter used key words.
"Decked out in boiler suit, hard hat and high-visibility vest, I SCANNED the site for CLUES of alien LIFE FORMS. In the shadow of the looming structure lay the remains of the 65ft-long blade TORN off in the ENCOUNTER.

Close examination suggested it had taken an almighty blow from a LARGE solid OBJECT that SMASHED one side of the blade."

I still think this has been blown out of all proportion.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

You've got it Mr. Green I have the weed killer backpack ready!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Latest news... The tests (on the blade ) may take up to a month to come back.

www.louthleader.co.uk...

WIND FARM UFO UPDATE: Fallen blade riddle latest

Turbine mystery update

Published Date: 14 January 2009
Wednesday 4pm - THE results of tests run on the 65ft wind turbine blade which mysteriously 'fell off' one of the colossal turbines at the Conisholme wind farm could take up to a month to arrive.
As part of an investigation launched by wind farm company Ecotricity, the fallen blade has been sent to Germany for tests to establish what caused the blade to fall to the ground, and another to be severely misshapen.

It had been reported the results would be in by the end of this week, however, it is now looking more likely to be a month long wait until the mystery is solved.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

But untill then look at this weird sighting(you thought an octopus ufo was strange)
www.wimbledonguardian.co.uk...

A sighting of "a pink jelly-fish" in the skies above Wimbledon has prompted speculation that UFOs are visiting the area.

On January 9 a visitor to wimbledonguardian.co.uk said: “I looked out my flat window this morning, over towards Merton way, and to my surprise notice a large bright pink jelly-fish looking object surrounded by a pink haze. It appeared to be hovering over or above the pylons in the distance.

“It hovered for about five minutes while I frantically searched for my camera. Did anyone else in Wimbledon see it? Any explanations?”

The author of the post, who responded to our story questioning whether there may be a link between wind turbines and UFOs, claimed the sighting took place at around 8.05am.

On January 4 a 290ft turbine near Louth in Lincolnshire was badly damaged in what enthusiasts claim was a “UFO related incident”, and witnesses reported low flying objects and unusual nights near a wind farm.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I agree in regards to the torque of the blade. It does appear that something struck it very hard indeed, to do that. Something moving rather quickly.

If a blade was falling, and struck another blade, wouldn't it rotate? One would think that alone would minimize damage. That's some hefty damage to the blade still intact. Or do the blades 'lock' into place somehow?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
One of the more intriguing new year UFO sightings which doesn't seem to be a lantern. Bear in mind this light was hovering, zig-zagging around and then flew off and seen for half an hour on two occassions.

www.chorley-guardian.co.uk...

I enhanced the light (hovering above the houses) and think the result interesting. seems a bright uniform central light source surrounded by filaments/tentacles of light to me.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
yes the turbine dose seem to be out of line with the rest of them(as you know am local and have been there) and it dose seem to of been hit and turned round.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
*Speculation only while waiting for the delayed results*

I believe the break visible occured after the blade seperated from the hub.

Image 1 shows the break at the end, then the cylindrical plug foreground that goes into the hub and is hidden from view.

The Enercon E48 overview here shows pictures of flush mountings between blade and hub and shows the unmated connectors awaiting assembly on page 5 - with mounting bolts protruding, image 1 shows about half of the bolts severed.

Image 2 afterward shows the plug has been removed and nothing else, indicating they are inspecting this component, I believe it has been "taken" as this supports the structure of the whole blade and would not easily detach.

Images gleaned from the net of broken turbines;
1 2 3

Show the plug is the strongest part as in these failures it is still retained - the break occuring elsewhere. Even in an overspeed as shown here the plugs are still retained.

So I think the blade seperated from the plug due to a fault with the connection there (ie. visible bolts weren't secured properly) or subjected to loading forces beyond design criteria (ie. not outward), the break in the pics visible at the end occuring after it hit the ground because that wouldn't seperate the hub and that section was not removed. (re "fatigue" cast components are X-rayed and checked with Ultrasound pg.11, and the farm was installed in May 2008)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I found the link below when i was trying to see if thee were any known failings with Enercons Windmills. The accidents in the link listed are between 2000 and 2005. Enercon are mentioned a few times in and around 2000, dont know if they were gearless or not, - i presume the ones at connisholme are gearless ons. Just goes to show how many accidents do happen though. 2 out of the Accidents that Enercon are mentioned as the manufacturer were fatal although through no fault of the windmill. 1 person accidently parachuted into one and an engineer fell to his death from another. All the other accidents were mecahanical or structural failings and also by severe weather.

www.socme.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wig

This story is going nowhere slowly. There is no evidence except a couple of broken windturbine blades, it has already been suggested that the the blade that failed hit the other blade on the way down, hence, that is why the blade on the turbine is damaged. The other blade was lying all bent up at the base of the tower.

There is no answer as to why it fell. It could be anything, from fatigue failure possibly due to improper assembly, to anything like UFO.

But really odds are on that this was due to entirely "normal" forces known to mankind and our known science.

The only weird thing is that someone saw a tentacled thing fly in the direction of the wind farm (the female on the C4 news) (I don't know what day or time) and another man saw a tentacled thing above the turbine, again I don't know excat time or day but I think it was earlier on in the evening. I haven't read a full account of what he saw. I have not for example read about how he saw the thing go away, because surely he would have kept watching it - don't you think? A tentacled octopus in the sky glowing with light, I mean you wouldn't just say "oh well" and go to bed would you?

Thanks for that. Yes the trouble with cases like this the longer they go on with no further official reports peoples ideas of what happened get more and more elaborate.

On your point above of if you saw a UFO you'd be so amazed youd just keep watching it..well no this isnt always so. www.abovetopsecret.com...' read my opening post it explains why. Several on that thread also experienced this too, especially member violet.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Mr Green]

Wig

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
yes the turbine dose seem to be out of line with the rest of them(as you know am local and have been there) and it dose seem to of been hit and turned round.

Can you take some close ups of the full length of the blade on the ground, and as best you can, close ups of the blades remaining on the tower from all angles.... thanks.

Anyone got a bigger version of this?

Appears to be a tarpauling on the top.

[edit on 15/1/2009 by Wig]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

But untill then look at this weird sighting(you thought an octopus ufo was strange)
www.wimbledonguardian.co.uk...

A sighting of "a pink jelly-fish" in the skies above Wimbledon has prompted speculation that UFOs are visiting the area.

On January 9 a visitor to wimbledonguardian.co.uk said: “I looked out my flat window this morning, over towards Merton way, and to my surprise notice a large bright pink jelly-fish looking object surrounded by a pink haze. It appeared to be hovering over or above the pylons in the distance.

Pink Jelly fish now aswell as octopus. Maybe its an invasion of alien sea creatures
Actually my friend and I had a very funny conversation in the pub about that exact scenario, giant alien sea creatures being the cause of the damadge, seems now a Jelly Fish backs her theory up! We laughed at the time.....but hey...who knows...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Here is a further update on the damage to the wind turbine.

newenergyfocus.com...

Ecotricity: No evidence yet for UFO attack on wind farm

Ecotricity has said it has still found no evidence to support claims that a UFO collided with one of its wind turbines at Conisholme in Lincolnshire.

The company has now started work to rebuild the damaged turbine, with all three 22 metre long blades and the central hub on the Enercon E48 turbine being replaced.

Conisholme Fen, Lincolnshire
Conisholme Fen, Lincolnshire
Cranes are on the Fen Farm site, with the replacement blades and hub already there, ready to be lifted into place.

Investigations into the causes for the damage - which saw one blade removed from the turbine and another bent badly out of shape - are still continuing.

The company said it was "narrowing down the options" and was closer to an understanding, but added: "we're not there yet".

It has suggested a number of likely culprits for the damage, including a possible collision. But it said lightning or some kind of material, design or maintenance failure was a more likely cause.

Dale Vince, Ecotricity managing director, said today that UFOs were now "bottom of my probability list" of causes.

Ecotricity said there was still "no evidence" of a collision, explaining that if something collided with the turbine there should be some debris on the ground and an exchange of materials between the two objects involved in the collision.

Once the bent blade is removed, more light could be shed on the matter, Ecotricity said, but added: "It is more than likely, as many have suggested, that the fallen blade hit and broke the second blade on the way down."

"To be honest we had a lot of fun with this, and that took the edge off what was otherwise a serious and very bad event for us," said Mr Vince.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

"Maybe its an invasion of alien sea creatures "

They appear to be a primitive life form normally only visible in the infrared and UV spectrums. The critters in the STS space tether incident are likely these bioforms.

Here is an image taken by Trevor Jame Constable of one of these Amoeboid Bioforms - in 1957:

(Image courtesy of Roswell Rods)

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join