It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DreamRebel Plagerized Me.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
OK, I'll do it. I'm 10-8, 10-51, www.unexplained-mysteries.com. I will be 10-6 there for about 5 mikes, and then will 10-19 back to base. Starchild out.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Please let staff deal with this.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Negative, JB.

Operation de-pants DreamRebel is go, mission will not be aborted.

Mr. M's 10-20 is www.unexplained-mysteries.com, and the package is prepped for delivery.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Please people. We are ATS, we are professional, we are the best of the best. Let's be composed and professional about this. I'm contacting the admin/owner of that site now, and referencing this thread. Revenge might be fun, but consider how your actions might reflect on AboveTopSecret.com.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Please people. We are ATS, we are professional, we are the best of the best.

Let's be composed and professional about this. I'm contacting the admin/owner of that site now, and referencing this thread.

Revenge might be fun, but consider how your actions might reflect on AboveTopSecret.com.

I think it would reflect well on us if handled in the right manner. If we show them this site, we may even bring in some new people with new ideas.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
REFER TO LOWER POST.

Mr. M

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by StarChild]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Please people. We are ATS, we are professional, we are the best of the best.

Let's be composed and professional about this. I'm contacting the admin/owner of that site now, and referencing this thread.

Revenge might be fun, but consider how your actions might reflect on AboveTopSecret.com.

Hm....you do have a very good point there, William.

Sry bout that.

Mr. M, scuttle operation De-pants Dreamrebel and return to base.

oke. I had too much fun with that.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Please let staff deal with this.

I absolutely positively agree with this one. As aggravating as this is, it's something best dealt with by the staff here...not us.

Please don't let this turn into a big intra-board drama bomb.

I'm betting money that OUR dog's bigger than THEIR dog...and the staff over there will see the light.

p.s. I'm glad he's banned - thought-stealing little punk.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen. Mission has been accomplished. I am now 10-7.

Please refer to the following link, and read for yourselves the information provided to the personnel of www.unexplained-mysteries.com.

I was more than polite, and did not bring discredit upon ATS in any way.

Hopefully, they will also punish this member for his actions. He deserves it.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Let's get straight what our roles are in this.

Irrespective of how violated it may make you feel when you read your own thoughts and words being used as if they are some one else's, these thoughts/words do not belong to us, the members.

Read the TOS...the minute you post your words here at ATS, they belong to ATS. We got into this issue back when Dragonrider got banned. He started demanding that the staff here delete all his posts. He quickly found out that he has no right to decide what is done with those posts, because they belong to ATS.

SOOOOOOOOO...even though it pisses us (members) off, the legalities and right to ownership and recourse, belong to ATS.

THAT's why they should handle this.

[Edited on 4-8-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Actually, that's not exactly correct. Your thoughts and musings are still your intellectual property as long as they are your original thoughts and musings that you have created. When you post to ATS, you grant Simon non-exclusive rights to publish them in pretty much any form. (A legal concept that has long-since been tested on the old CompuServe forums in the early 1990's.) This doesn't mean that Simon or any other future "ATS Board of Directors" (or whatever) owns what you post. It means ATS can republish without asking for permission. Essentially, each time the database serves up one of your posts, it's being republished because the format may be different each time (in context with responses). Other forms in the future might be books or CD-ROM for example. However, non-exclusive rights also means, whenever Simon/ATS publishes your work, you must be given credit. So to clear things up, Simon/ATS does not "own" your posts. Simon/ATS has the right to publish your posts on ATS and give you credit. Simon/ATS owns the media in which your work is published here (hence the footer message). You can republish your own work (which you posted here) wherever you wish without mentioning ATS. Simon/ATS can republish you work wherever he wishes, but must give you credit. I hope that clears things up. [Edited on 8-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Did you guys read the post I wrote on their website?

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Oh **** NO

this idiot copied and claimed MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE as his own!!!!!!!!!!!! What a JerkOFF!!

this my ******* life this guy is copying!!!!
www.belowtopsecret.com...

I'm scared to look for anything else that he stole

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
Did you guys read the post I wrote on their website?

Mr. M

I did, and I noticed that there were others from the site who were reading it at the same time. I wonder if their MODS will make some kind of statement?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
frankly, i find this very appalling, i went looking for posts by me that could have been copied, after about half an hour of searching, i gave up, because it is pointless, almost everything is copied word for word. my findings:

black jackel
www.abovetopsecret.com...
dreamrebel

star eagle
dreamrebel

immortal
dreamrebel

kinglizard
dreamrebel

worldwatcher
dreamrebel

datruth
dreamrebel

questor
dreamrebel

zeddicuszulzorlander
dreamrebel

wgatenson
dreamrebel

questor
dreamrebel

questor
dreamrebel

one where he actually gives credit to skepticoverlord, third post down

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
We at UM will take the proper actions for dealing with this twit. Starting with the deletion of many of "his" posts. This comes as a surprise, but then again he has always seemed a bit strange at times. I have been watching him since the first day he joined our forum. I am only writing here because I am not sure if our admin SaRuMaN will be regestering to inform you. Although, I assure you, he is taking the proper actions. Which he has already began by suspending DreamRebel from Unexplained Mysteries indefinatly.

Thank you for informing us, as we don't want to deal with the same, well, crap.

This forum looks pretty good, I can't say I've ever heard of it, hence the above top secret stuff. Anyway, enjoy your days, and thanks again for letting us know what we're dealing with. Bye now.

Edit: And yes, I am A Moderator there.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by UM_Mentalcase]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Mentalcase
We at UM will take the proper actions for dealing with this twit.

Thank you, UM.
We appreciate hearing from you.

-B.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Thank you very much for understanding the situation. I appreciate your help in this matter, and everyone else on ATS does also. Thank you again.

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Actually, that's not exactly correct.

I hope that clears things up.

THANK YOU WILLIAM! Yes, this helps me, I appreciate you taking the time.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Mentalcase
We at UM will take the proper actions for dealing with this twit. Starting with the deletion of many of "his" posts. This comes as a surprise, but then again he has always seemed a bit strange at times. I have been watching him since the first day he joined our forum. I am only writing here because I am not sure if our admin SaRuMaN will be regestering to inform you. Although, I assure you, he is taking the proper actions. Which he has already began by suspending DreamRebel from Unexplained Mysteries indefinatly.

Thank you for informing us, as we don't want to deal with the same, well, crap.

Anyway, enjoy your days, and thanks again for letting us know what we're dealing with. Bye now.

Edit: And yes, I am A Moderator there.

THANK YOU KIND SIR!

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by UM_Mentalcase]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join