It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cant stop my nightmares.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Lately i've been dreaming and having nightmares every night. I'm starting to hate it... I'll either be running from zombies, ufos floating in the air and occasionally from trex's looking in my window and crashing through the walls..... I love jurassic park though so I dont mind.... My dreams are so vivid, seem real all the time, thats why I get so caught up in them. I swear they're like friggin movies. I wish the nightmares would just go away... I wish i could control my dreams, no matter how hard i try before my sleep to tell myself I will know when i'm awake and when I'm dreaming, It doesnt work. Once I'm sleeping and dreaming It's like im in a whole nother state of mind, not remembering the world or my life when I'm awake, besides having people i know in my life in my dreams. I want to be able to control my dreams. I used to hate scary movies when i was younger up until like age 14... then i realized that my parents let me watch scary ass movies like jason, freddy and all those other weird scary movies when I was too young to even remember watching them! "You loved them" Now when i think back it was a really stupid move on my parents part, the reason why I liked them was because I was too young to understand them. I think this might be the cause of my wild horrific dreaming imagination. I wish I could just have normal dreams or none at all. Its like my mind gets a kick out of scaring the # out of me while im sleeping. The way it feels to me when I'm dreaming is like I have no control in them my mind just randomly wanders thinking. Most of my dreams have never really been slow and mundane, always fast paced. I've tried praying for them to stop, sometimes it works for a few days.. sometimes it doesnt.. Are there any kinds of foods/drinks that can calm the body durring sleeping?

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Not that it doesn't sound fun and all

If I were you I'd try a few things

white noise

classical music

a wave sleep radio that plays different sounds like a beech or the jungle. (www.sharperimage.com...)

think about what you want to dream about while you're going to sleep, push everything else out of your head.

Mediate

that's a start... good luck.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Of course external images impressed onto your sub-conscious are a factor; but what most likely is happening, is that your 'psychical aggregates' or more frankly put; your "inner demons", are being reflected in your dreams.

But the way you go about defeating these 'inner demons' is a whole other story.

You may want to start here(I know I've brought up this website twice today already):

www.gnosis-usa.com...

There is alot mentioned on that website about astral projection and control of dreams; or, Dream Yoga.

Check it out.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
JOHNSmith

Things like music and certain foods/drugs may help no doubt. But those are only temporary solutions.

What he(she?) ought to do, is get to the root of the problem(s) that lie in his(her?) forms of consciousness and in his karma.

But you did mention a very good start; and that's meditation. I would recommend Zazen meditation if you're going to take it seriously.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
gnosis? Someone read a little to much star wars books lol.

Inner demons? Karma? astral projection?

damm dude, I'd hate to see what you think someone with a headache should do.

It doesn't sound like he/she needs a voodoo exorcism, it sounds like he/she watched a few to many scary movies as a kid and is a bit stressed.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
JOHNSmith

Did you even bother to investigate the link I provided?

What has Star Wars to do with Gnosis or Gnosticism?(actually; there is relation but probably has nothing to do with what you're thinking).

And I said "Inner Demons"(notice the quotation marks) but I guess you missed what I referred to them as just before that; that implies that I didn't mean literal demons. www.wutangcorp.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

You don't believe that karma(cause and effect) exists; a science that the wise men of the East have been studying for THOUSANDS of years? F*ck outta here.

And there is room for the questioning of astral projection; but if you were open minded and looked into it, you may see that it has root in something more than just mere superstition .

damm dude, I'd hate to see what you think someone with a headache should do.

I would prescribe meditation along with possibly some sort of herbal treatment.

It doesn't sound like he/she needs a voodoo exorcism, it sounds like he/she watched a few to many scary movies as a kid and is a bit stressed.

Who mentioned anything even remotely close to a "voodoo exorcism"?

If someone is having such issues; the root of it all lies in their mind and level of consciousness. Of course negative images don't help any; but masking the problem with temporary solutions is not the ultimate solution. I mean listening to sounds of nature and classical music, relaxing herbs, etc. are good things to utilize in the mean time; but like I said, get to the root of it all nah mean?

Don't mislead the kid by trying to make what I suggest look ignorant.

In fact, read the following regarding meditation and then tell me that it's hocus pocus:

www.gnosis-usa.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the great reply's .... I havent had any real nightmares for the past couple nights.... I cant wait until I can control my dreams though.. Thats going to be fun

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I cant wait until I can control my dreams though..

Yeah check out the description of this book on Dream Yoga then:

www.gnosis-usa.com...

It's mad inexpensive too.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Maybe your spending to much time on ATS and its affecting your sleep ?

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
Maybe your spending to much time on ATS and its affecting your sleep ?

Yeah, sometimes... but that doesnt explain the zombie dreams or some of the other #ed up dreams I have....

by the way you listen to HIM? good group.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well the only thing I can say is that while having them realize that you're having a nightmare and it's not really real. Then start
everything in it. Get a 12 Gauge and blow those damned zombies into oblivian.

I hope that helped, even a little.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I've heard about this thing called Brain wave generator and its supposed to calm your brain if you listen to it before you go to sleep. You can download it off the internet.

www.bwgen.com

Also, it may sound silly, but dont underestimate the power of a dream catcher. It might help you rid yourself of these dreams.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Might wanna watch for this when it gets going:

www.gnosis-usa.com...

top topics

join