It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken decalred Winner

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Well I was generalizing I suppose, I can not presume to speak for all farmers or how they voted or why. I do know that while I was there in Minnesota the Coleman ads against Fanken seemed to be aimed at the farmers, whom I believe are likely to vote DFL if not given a reason not to. And I believe Coleman was targeting them, and others like Christians, with his ad campaign about Al's old jokes. I hope I said I thought the ads were ridiculous, using a comedians jokes against him is like using a fumble against an ex football player or something aint it???

Anyways no hard feelings, but I am a Minnesotan and of that I aint sure how to feel! LOL

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

:shk:
Once again we hear that people must be against someone you like just because they are ignorant. Well .. at least in this case you didn't trot out the 'racist' rhetoric.

Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.

[edit on Tue Jan 6 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
He's good enough, smart enough, and dog gone it people like him!

Gah, you beat me to it!! I've seen Al in some debates and he's actually a really smart and thoughtful guy who, I think, will do a good job as a Senator. He's not nearly as unhinged as Jesse Ventura and a sense of humor is always a good thing huh?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What's up with the people from MinnesOta aye?
Seems like politics is turning into entertainment.
They better keep an eye on this guy Franken, don't want his craziness and spoiled brat type of corruption trickling over to the rest of the country.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Seems like politics is turning into entertainment.

And you are just now noticing? Bring back that Sarah chick, I miss her.

Actually she is much more entertaining than Al F ever hoped to be and she's being serious.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Al is a smart man - great on the issues - and rather fearless.
He'll make a good leader. Glad he won!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
did anyone here see al franken's movie "Stuart Saves His Family " in the movie theature? I did, and that movie was so bad, I personally want my money back and my time back, whoever would vote for that joke obviously never saw that movie.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingunknown
did anyone here see al franken's movie "Stuart Saves His Family " in the movie theature? I did, and that movie was so bad, I personally want my money back and my time back, whoever would vote for that joke obviously never saw that movie.

Um, smart thought. Because casting your vote based on the entertainment value of an old movie a candidate was in is the smartest thing you could do. And to think, I voted for candidates in our last election that have never been in a movie...I dont' know where I found the info to make a choice

/sarcasm

C'mon people...grow up will you? to all those anti Franken posters...can you tell me a reason (other than he was a comedian) why he is a bad choice? Show me some issues he stands for that are bad for his state. Show me something he has said in a debate that you dissagree with.

Oh, never mind...I'm sure 99% of the Franken bashers on here have NO IDEA what his stances are, or saw a debate, or will even take the time to look it up.

Deny ignorance indeed!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
C'mon people...grow up will you? to all those anti Franken posters...can you tell me a reason (other than he was a comedian) why he is a bad choice? I'm sure 99% of the Franken bashers on here have NO IDEA what his stances are, or saw a debate, or will even take the time to look it up.

:shk: Just like BH ... we all must be idiots or ignorant, or simply look at what party he is and decide that way. How sad.. I thought you were smarter than that.
Grow up indeed.

Al Franken Issues
More Al Franken Issues

- He refuses to take a stand on abortion. - an issue that's important to me.

- He refuses to take a stand on gun control - an issue that's important to me.

- He says the US failed when it didn't sign Kyoto. WRONG.

- He is VERY lax on border control. He only gets it 1/2 right. Punish employers yes... but we still need better border control. A lot of illegals come here, not to work legitimately, but for nefarious reasons. Wide open borders for terrorists is NOT good Homeland Security. Wide open borders for gangs and criminals to come through is ignorant and costs this country millions upon millions. The police in California have their hands full due to Mexican gangs and their drug and murder trafficing.

- Calls illegal aliens 'undocumented workers'. That's myopic and just left wing rhetoric phrasing.

- He complained about Americans refusing to stop looting in the aftermath of Iraq invasion, the firing of the Iraqi Army, and he complained about 'republican congress' refusal to give any oversight to the war'.
damned stupid.

etc etc etc

immediate edit to fix quote

[edit on 1/7/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Flyersfan, I would never lump you in with those that do not know, or do not care about the issues....you are one of the few that seems to be able to debate like an adult. My complaint is to those that have nothing to say other than..

He made a bad movie, how can you vote for him
He looked silly in this sketch, therefore he must be a bad politician
etc
etc

Kudos to you, as always.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't understand why some ATS members are giving the Fraken character a free pass, I thought this was a conspiracy site.
Originally, Coleman was up by 500 votes, then the recount was done, then during time they found 100 "uncounted ballots" in the trunk of a car, all of which were for Franken.
Hmmm?
Then several more ballots were mysteriously found in different places throughout the State.
Finally, this is allowed to continue for another 2 months until Franken is declared the winner, or as Huffington would say, "the weiner".

I mean come on, why did the recount take so long?

I can understand a huge State like California, New York or Texas, but Minne freakin sota?

Maybe it's time to look up the definition of the word again because if this isn't a conspiraacy I don't know what is.
I don' know what y'all think but this really stinks, aye.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join