It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken decalred Winner

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wow, so he finally got away with it?

What do you expect, they kept finding ballots in trunks and in the back seats of cars over the last two months.
Do you think the media will dare say anything about a stolen election?

NAHHHH!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Congratulations Mr. Franken. The people of Minnesota have made an excellent choice.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well Al, it's easy to claim victory when there are more votes counted than there are voters, eh?

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
No big surprise here. The american-african didnt stand a chance. I really hope he didnt think he would actually 'win' the whole thing. Considering the circumstances in which he was picked. Ahhh, franken. I dont like him either, but oh well.

Is Coleman an "american-african"? Explain yourself agent violet.

I was hoping Franken would win since the day I heard rumors of him running for the senate. I think he will suprise some of his naysayers.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I can't believe that the guy got any votes let alone that he won.
Who'd vote for the clown?
Anyways, I'm hearing on the TV
that Franken is now trying to block any more ballot counting.
He's claiming it would be a waste of $$.

What a freak'n tool.

I don't get it. Under 8 years of a GOP watch, the US has tanked immeasurably. Two wars you can't win, debt you can't pay back...a combination idiocracy/kleptocracy, and you still can't step back and give the other guys a chance to fix it. The biggest problem facing the US is the total partisanship of its people. You are so polarised you can't see straight.

Let Franken do his stuff...the fact that he has been a comedian is completely incidental...at least it would be if he were a Republican, right?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
I don't get it....at least it would be if he were a Republican, right?

I see that you do get it, after all.

Most of the slamming that's going on is because the person has a "D" associated with his name. They couldn't tell you his positions on issues if you paid them. At least it's obvious political party bias and can be seen for what it is.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Actually I am a Minnesotan and I spent last year there with my uncle who is the chief of staff for the St. Cloud area congressman in D.C.. I was very immersed in the politics of Minnesota while there and had many lively debates with my uncle over Jessee. I grew up in Minnesota, I went to college in Minnesota, all my family is in Minnesota although I live with my family in Colorado now as my profile says but I am 100$ Minnesotan Ya ya know, fer sure

I think my comments are dead on and the point of the DFL is absolutely correct as their is no Democrat party in Minn only the DFL. I guess I would need more to go on from you about what you saw as wrong or un Minnesotan? I thought that Franken would win n a landslide for three reasons...

1. Obama on ticket so Dems and Dfl'rs would get out the vote.
2. Minnesota never goes for the Republican, at least not in recent history.
3. People didn't like Coleman's constant support of Bush and his idiocy.

So I was majorly surprised when Coleman won the first count, and that is why I think maybe some shenanigans are going on, although that is personal opinion and can't be wrong or right so that can't be your complaint.

I guess I am wondering if your ead something wrong or what I said you disagreed with!!!

I only commented that it appears in this race that people actually voted Obama then THOUGHT about the Senate seat, which sometimes don't happen. If you vote Dem president you usually go Dem senator or vice versa. This means the Senatorial campaign those two put on actually got to the people and made them think about the Senate seat because Franken didn't win as handily as Obama did. I was not commenting on the voters other than Farmers who vote DFL but actually don't usually agree with their party platform, but the word farmer is in it so they vote it. I was not commenting on Minnesotans other than they actually paid attention to the Senate race this ime, again I believe because they didn't like Coleman but I think Colemans commercials about Frankens jokes hit some where Coleman wanted it too. I think the commercials were out of place and wrong, I mean cmon, Franken was a comedian that is what he did so to take some old joke he did as a comedian and try to use it against him as his own thoughts is pushing it in my opinion. But nonetheless it seems to have worked on some because this Race is so close.

So I hope I cleared up what you thought I said if not please be specific about why I aint a Minensotan. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
My sympathies to all of my friends in the Twin Cities.

Here is your newly "appointed" Rep.

Goodness knows, the GOP wouldn't be allowing that sort of Tomfoolery in their ranks...

Well, except nominees for presidential candidates, of course.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

One could make the argument that the GOP doesn't really allow that kind of thing. Lets not forget the big difference between Franken and Guiliani. Franken 'won'. By contrast, virtually no one actually voted for Giuliani last spring. I don't think he received even a single delegate.

I'd say that rank-and-file Republicans rejected Giuliani rather convincingly.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Why didn't you use the picture of Al in his diaper??

Rudy just might have a career in drag queen contests. I'll give you that. He would certainly beat out Franken.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
One could make the argument that the GOP doesn't really allow that kind of thing. Lets not forget the big difference between Franken and Guiliani. Franken 'won'. By contrast, virtually no one actually voted for Giuliani last spring. I don't think he received even a single delegate.

I'd say that rank-and-file Republicans rejected Giuliani rather convincingly.

Still, I'd say Mayor of New York City carries a certain cachet in terms of wearing one's big boy pants, and you're not going to tell me that he didn't get where he did without a certain amount of weight behind him.

Anyway, it's besides the point. What I'm saying is that let's not lose our sense of humour here. Franken had a career in comedy, and as such appeared like a goof from time-to-time. Try to contain the moral outrage, folks...it doesn't look good on y'all

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don't know so many people here are putting down Franken. He has called for an Apollo program for renewable energy source. That's a good thing, right? Maybe the problem is that he is not Bill O'Reilly.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The New York City Republican party is hardly representative of the national party. I'm not saying that we shouldn't give politicians a pass for something like this, but that the two situations aren't similar. The GOP rank-and-file didn't tolerate Giuliani's antics when it came time to vote.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I have but one thing to say: Come on Minnesota " that's just stinkin thinkin!!!

The guy is a bad joke!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Let's travel to the land of make believe for a brief moment. What if Al Franken was a member of the GOP??

Do you suppose that the ATS would be full of thread after thread of Franken jabs and pictures posted of him when he played silly characters on TV?

Do you suppose people would poke at him because he wrote two books that are riddled with lies and misconceptions? www.frankenlies.com...

Do you suppose that people would rag on him for being crass and disrespectful?

Please answer YES to the above questions because you know it would happen.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Let's travel to the land of make believe for a brief moment. What if Al Franken was a member of the GOP??

Sure thing...what if? Reagan got a lots of pics of him with the chimp, but he seems to have served anyway...and it seems to me that even Dems hold him in a reasonable regard. Mind you, look at Bush.

Do you suppose that the ATS would be full of thread after thread of Franken jabs and pictures posted of him when he played silly characters on TV?

I sure hope so, just like I don't mind Franken having fun poked at him. Hell...who knew? However, we're talking the politics of mean here...something that the right is especially good at.

Do you suppose people would poke at him because he wrote two books that are riddled with lies and misconceptions? www.frankenlies.com...

Well, that is entirely subjective, isn't it. We can't all be as profoundly neutral as Coulter and O'Reilley, now can we?

If he has been...well why not?

I also see that nobody...Noooobodddyyyyyy....does 'woe is me' like the GOP.

See we Canadians still have Parliamentary procedure that we can utilise to keep the right in line. You guys have the vote. Franken won. So why not quit doing the P & M, and try to fix the mess you're in.

All respectfully submitted and in my own humble opinion, of course.

A slef-edit to respond to vor78...

Originally posted by vor78 The GOP rank-and-file didn't tolerate Giuliani's antics when it came time to vote.

I'm thinking that Rudy's goofing around in drag didn't sink him, it was more his dubious claims of being the hero of 911...to the point that even the party faithful couldn't stomach it anymore. Mind you, that's just my perspective and I'm sure it's part of a larger package.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Yes , yes yes and yes...

They are already posting Guilinai pictures, that should answer that question. And ATS has people across the political spectrum and back again so I hope you're not saying ATS is Republican leaning cause I don't think it is...

I hope no one took any of my words to be anti-Franken anymore than my anti-Coleman words. I didn't like either one of them but O don't live in Minnesota anymore so that is for them. I just found the results so far to be intriguing, I am not for either candidate nor am I particularly against either other than Coleman is a Bush Puppet...

At least now when people say "Is the Senate joking?" people ca say What did Al Franken tell a good one! Before all their jokes were on US, and I suspect that is how it will remain no matter which one of these two comes out ahead in the end. And should Franken get in there and seek change he will find it fast, they will change him out next election if he don't play nice.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Not to start a big thing... I just thought you were generalizing a bit about the farmers and the DFL. I think we just disagree a bit on it; that's all. No biggie. Sorry if I offended you. Things sound a bit harsher sometimes through mere words on a page without voice inflection.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by anyone]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Al Franken is good enough..........smart enough.........and doggone it, people like him.

Seriously, a couple of nice choices there Minnesota.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join