It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken decalred Winner

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that AL Franken has been declared the winner of the Minnesota Senate Seat occupied by Norm Coleman. Of course Norm will object and he can under Minnesota law.

Some Republican Senators are being reported on CNN to be suggesting the blocking of the sitting of Al Franken until the objections are over, I guess in order to support Burris without vocally supporting Burris.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I can't believe that the guy got any votes let alone that he won.
Who'd vote for the clown?
Anyways, I'm hearing on the TV
that Franken is now trying to block any more ballot counting.
He's claiming it would be a waste of $$.

What a freak'n tool.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
No big surprise here. The american-african didnt stand a chance. I really hope he didnt think he would actually 'win' the whole thing. Considering the circumstances in which he was picked. Ahhh, franken. I dont like him either, but oh well.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I can't believe that the guy got any votes let alone that he won.
Who'd vote for the clown?
Anyways, I'm hearing on the TV
that Franken is now trying to block any more ballot counting.
He's claiming it would be a waste of $$.

What a freak'n tool.

Do you by any chance have any idea what issues Franken ran on and what his stance on those issues were? I'm curious as to why you think he is a "freak'n tool" who didn't deserve any votes.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What's wrong with one more comedian in Congress?

We already have 534 who tell bad jokes.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Al Franken is a tool - I second that. As I thought he would want to count votes until he was ahead then stop. There is something very suspicious going on here.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Who let the crazy out of the nuthouse? Silly Minnesota. What were you thinking on this one?

A dog turd would be a better candidate than that guy.

Actually, a dog turd would be a better than MOST politicians. Meh what's it matter...we're all screwed anyway.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I would like to modify slightly what you said:

"We already have 534 who are bad jokes."

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My sympathies to all of my friends in the Twin Cities.

Here is your newly "appointed" Rep.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Some Republican Senators are being reported on CNN to be suggesting the blocking of the sitting of Al Franken until the objections are over, I guess in order to support Burris without vocally supporting Burris.

Could you explain that please? I'm not getting the connection.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
He's good enough, smart enough, and dog gone it people like him!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just one more crack at Franken.

I think this image describes him to a tee.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
OK, we get it..Franken was a comedian most famous for being on Saturday night live. Exactly what does that have to do with him now being in politics? Wasn't Ronald Reagan one of the most highly regarded presidents you have ever had? He was an actor...so what.

In case anyone is interested in what his stance is on the important issues, instead of what funny picture you can find of him, you can check them out here...

Franken on the Issues

[edit on 5-1-2009 by sensfan]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I like Al Franken. He opposed the Wall St. bailout, he's against the Iraq war and the Patriot act, and he supports renewable energy programs and strengthening the middle class.

I'm glad he won.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

ROFLMAO

You have to understand Minnesota politics and parties to get it really...

Remember that Minnesota didn't vote for Reagan twice and Barrack took it by a large margin, the fact there was a recount was amazing to me in the first place. I never thought Coleman stood a chance with Barrack on the Ballot too so I was surprised they had Coleman ahead the first time, but it also makes sense in a weird way to me. Again you have to understand Minnesota Parties, Minnesota has no Democrat Party and Franken did not run as a Democrat. He ran as a DFL'r. And what pray tell is a DFL'r? Well a DFL'r is a member of the Democrat Farmer Labor Party hence DFL... Now since Minnesota is a huge Farmer State guess what most Farmers vote?

And they don't get it either, they vote DFL cause it has the word Farmer in it, if you went to 99% of those Farmers and asked them if they supported gun confiscation, abortion, more government and socialized medicine they would all say HELL NO They just don't get it and believe me the Democrats take full advantage of this fact. But it was interesting with Franken being DFL and Barack on the ballot that Franken wouldn't have won hands down, the fact that Coleman won the first count means to me that somethin is probably up. he should have blown Coleman out of the water with the farmers but it appears he barely got by, if at all. We will have to wait and see but if those Farmers went outside the box on Fanken, they did it on purpose which would mean Colemans ads worked and I was in Minnesota 9 months last year. COleman had bad ads that were directed at farmers. One of them played Franken telling jokes about God and swearing in it and that wouldn't play with farmers well at all...

We will have to see what happens in all the recounts, and I don't like Coleman but I have a feeling he won this just based on the fact Franken didn't blow him out like Barrack did McCain in the election...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
reply to post by dntwastetime

ROFLMAO

You have to understand Minnesota politics and parties to get it really...

Remember that Minnesota didn't vote for Reagan twice and Barrack took it by a large margin, the fact there was a recount was amazing to me in the first place. I never thought Coleman stood a chance with Barrack on the Ballot too so I was surprised they had Coleman ahead the first time, but it also makes sense in a weird way to me. Again you have to understand Minnesota Parties, Minnesota has no Democrat Party and Franken did not run as a Democrat. He ran as a DFL'r. And what pray tell is a DFL'r? Well a DFL'r is a member of the Democrat Farmer Labor Party hence DFL... Now since Minnesota is a huge Farmer State guess what most Farmers vote?

And they don't get it either, they vote DFL cause it has the word Farmer in it, if you went to 99% of those Farmers and asked them if they supported gun confiscation, abortion, more government and socialized medicine they would all say HELL NO They just don't get it and believe me the Democrats take full advantage of this fact. But it was interesting with Franken being DFL and Barack on the ballot that Franken wouldn't have won hands down, the fact that Coleman won the first count means to me that somethin is probably up. he should have blown Coleman out of the water with the farmers but it appears he barely got by, if at all. We will have to wait and see but if those Farmers went outside the box on Fanken, they did it on purpose which would mean Colemans ads worked and I was in Minnesota 9 months last year. COleman had bad ads that were directed at farmers. One of them played Franken telling jokes about God and swearing in it and that wouldn't play with farmers well at all...

We will have to see what happens in all the recounts, and I don't like Coleman but I have a feeling he won this just based on the fact Franken didn't blow him out like Barrack did McCain in the election...

Clearly you aren't Minnesotan. I think you have it wrong. We voted for Franken because we like him. And we voted for Coleman because we liked him. Personally I like Franken more.

Surely the people of Minnesota are looking for something different -also why Ventura won here. And not that it really matters but I did not vote for Jessee.

We are a tough bunch to figure out -this is true.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
He hasn't won anything yet. Coleman will appeal.

A Minnesota Canvassing Board declared Franken the winner today by 225 votes. However, Coleman still has seven days to file a lawsuit protesting the results and Franken will not get an official election certificate until all lawsuits are gone.

www.cbsnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join