It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD: Fanatical Muslims vs. The Free World

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

why do they have a right to their own nation? who gave them this right?

The UN, and the people of the civilized world (not to mention that jews have always lived there to begin with)

And the Palestinians also have the right to their own home.

Unfortunately the Arabs refused a Palestine State back in the day.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
if isreal is unwilling to recognise every UN resolution it does not have any right to claim legitimacy based on a UN resolution.

the civilised world is not an organisation i am aware of.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Thye actually have more rights than american pows had. And they have more rights than German Pows held in this country. The Guantanmo Bay Prisoners are well fed, well housed and don't have to work.
Go Read your history about how American POWs were treated by Germany and Japan.
German Pows in America were well fed, and well cared for, but they had to work in the cotton fields. (I know this, because German Pows where imprisoned in my county, and my mother, who was working in a cotton field on the other side of the fence actually talked to a few of them. She said they were always nice to her.
Several years ago, a former POW that was housed in this area wrote to the local paper(from Germany) to thank the guards and the local citizens for treating him and his comrades so well.
Does that answer your question?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

So is your definitive statement that Jews have no right to have their own nation?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

no, torture that was carried out by japan in WW2 and was prosecuted as a war crime is used as an interrogation technique in gitmo.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

i haven't made that statement, are you asking my opinion or putting words in my mouth?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Im asking your opinion.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

And there are enough quotes to substantiate the view that this country was founded on Christian Morals. We may be able to debate this in another thread. I shall look forward to it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm not going to argue point for point with some you. Skyfloating I'm glad you were able to travel and speak with the "other side". However I don't believe that you have given them a fair chance and I don't think you were ever opened to do so in the first place. If we're not willing to see the other view or if it goes against our own personal or religious beliefs, no matter how it shown it to us, we will simply choose to not accept it and continue on with blinders on.

I have wondered why clerics on both side of the fanatic aisle fight so desperately in these current times to sway opinions and I believe that I have found the answer...

If these religious clerics again on both sides or all sides I should say didn't fight to cling on to these old archaic beliefs, we might actually see peace among humanity. Muslims, Jews, Hindus especially those who live in the western world have managed to find a balance between their culture and religion and the modern benefits of life. This is the fear of those in control, people actually getting along and leaving behind the worthless parts of their religion. This new generation if allowed to exist prevents those who want to self fulfill a variety of prophecies from instigating the fear and war mongering needed to keep us "under control". Fulfilling the End of Times prophecy, the giant family feud that has being going on for centuries (yes you're all descendants from the same guy and worship the same god, you're just blind to the fact) is the method used to keep those in power in power and by willingly choosing sides you are condemning not only yourself but your brothers and sisters to the misery that real teachings from the One God tells us to avoid.

You may all continue to paint your pictures with your singular brush, but remember everything is going to come out only in shades of gray... unclear, depressing, and miserable. While some of you prefer this style of broad painting of others, I'll keep trying to wash my brush and hope that real colors that we eventually see isn't just shades of red which will be the blood shed by all, if we don't stop labeling, generalizing and killing each other over things like borders, religion and race.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I have personally known several American POWs that were German prisoners. I KNOW what was done to them. We do nothing of the sort to the prisoners in Gitmo. And I don't think you have access to what really goes on in Gitmo, on either side. I would be glad to discuss it with you in another thread or a U2U, but it would cause this thread to wander. This thread is about fanatical Muslims vs the Free World.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

personally i don't think that any religion has a "right" to establish a country on the piece of land of their choice. i question the logic that suggests that the ownership of land should be decided according to religious tradition rather than ethnic attachment. i don't see the legitimacy of the current isrealli occupation of territory.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I'm in the mood to throw some gas on the fire.

SQ: Sky, were/are your parents Jewish?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I must disagree with you. Many of the muslims in Europe and Great Britain are fanatics, waiting to be told to blow up something. The same case is true in America and Canada. We know there are terrorist cells here.
The authorities are investigating, gathering evidence, and the citizens are hoping that the cells are busted before they can do damage.
The "Family Feud" as you call it, has been going on since the time of Abraham, (even if you consider it a myth, it's a starting point) and I see no end to it, and believe me when I say I have studied it, thought about, and meditated on it for years. Sometimes, I just reach the conclusion that we should kill'em off and let God sort'em out. (Don't flame me. Just like everyone else, I get frustrated, and don't know what else to do.)
I do believe Israel has a right to exist, and Israel was well within their rights to start shooting rockets and bombing Gaza. Hamas had been shooting rockets into Israel daily. They were warned repeatedly.
What would we do if drug cartels started shooting rockets into El Paso or Brownsville. How many days would we allow this? I dare say how many hours would we allow this?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith

I must disagree with you. Many of the muslims in Europe and Great Britain are fanatics, waiting to be told to blow up something.

Many? Absolutely ridiculous! Do you even live in Europe or the United Kingdom?

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Cadbury]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I dont really disagree with that (surprise, surprise...).
Your post reflects my innermost views.

This thread does not reflect my innermost views. Its much more intended as a provocation toward what I feel to be a strong bias of the conspiracy-theory-mythology that says "Jews are Evil", Hamas etc. are "Heroes" and "Freedom Fighters" - specifically on this website.

So, yes, of course. The respect of other belief-systems is one of the pillars of being civilized.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt

Quite off-topic

I´ll say this much: In private Im not really attached to any belief-system or race.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt

Not afraid to show us how you feel, are you. At least we all know where you stand in this issue.

BTW, wasn't this thread about fanatical muslims, and not the religion of the OP?

I call this baiting and deflection - both T&C violations.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

At least we all know where you stand in this issue.

Oh, you do? Great! Could you please tell me as I am at a loss as to how I feel about this issue. I keep finding myself going back and forth on it.

Very much looking forward to your speedy reply!

TWISI

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Skyfloating - I'm catching up this morning

the only thing I can say is that this thread has made me reconsider every controversial thread I've read here at ATS since I joined - in fact - even outside ATS

very interesting

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

care to explain your thoughts in a little more detail? i'm clearly missing some inportant point.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join