It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD: Fanatical Muslims vs. The Free World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by pieman
the premise of this thread is utter rubbish.

The premise of this thread is that fanatical islam - which is rather widespread among the average joe (or should I say the average mohammed) - is incompatible with our society of relative freedom.

yeah, like i said, utter rubbish.

have you any basis for your post at all, anything except your say so? can you give us links or explain your position or put forward any coherent argument?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The US has a rape of a woman somewhere every 2 minutes.

www.sa.rochester.edu...

The US has more people in prison than any nation on the planet

news.bbc.co.uk...

Israel has more white sex slaves per head than any other nation

us.altermedia.info...

Israel is the drug trade centre of the world.

www.haaretz.com...

www.fpp.co.uk...

You see anyone can play that game.
Whatever internet access there is, gets mysteriously vandalised, so why should there be more be made only to have under sea cables snipped? Further, Libya has been under a 20 year US led embargo so no internet.

Arab countries are traditional societies with local protection for woman. Muslim woman are protected from rape by the community, imams, the extended family. Suggesting that this awful crime is allowed is more dehumanisation and slander. If Arabs had the same rates of rape as the West, it would have the same various laws with all the associated nuances. Instead they classifies rape as rape whether it is in the home or on the street.

Arab women have had the right of divorce and alimony for over a thousand years.

www.al-bab.com...

www.usc.edu...

The Qur'an admonishes those men who oppress or ill-treat women:

O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should you treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the dowry you have given them - except when they have become guilty of open lewdness. On the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If you take a dislike to them, it may be that you dislike something and Allah will bring about through it a great deal of good. (4:19)

O mankind! Reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, his mate, and from this pair scattered (like seeds) countless men and women. Reverence Allah, through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and reverence the wombs (that bore you); for Allah ever watches over you. (4:1)

"Fear Allah regarding women. Verily you have married them with the trust of Allah, and made their bodies lawful with the word of Allah. You have got (rights) over them, and they have got (rights) over you in respect of their food and clothing according to your means."

[edit on 033131p://pm3120 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

yeah, like i said, utter rubbish.

have you any basis for your post at all, anything except your say so? can you give us links or explain your position or put forward any coherent argument?

If you are unaware of the utter hatred of jews in Muslim worlds, that means you havent traveled them like I have - or it means you share that aversion toward Jewry/Israel.

The maps speak for themselves, no matter how often you keep repeating "its utter rubbish".

What muslim-led websites say about Jews and Americans speaks for itself, and have been saying since decades no matter how often you keep repeating its utter rubbish.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I have to agree, it's utter rubbish. On the map you dotted with arrows, it is missing the direction of where the Israelis came from, Europe. It is there that they were pogromed and the Holocaust occurred and where the Inquisition happened.

But the likes of you need to make such an allegation against Muslims to justify the atrocities happening in Gaza right now.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

If you are unaware of the utter hatred of jews in Muslim worlds, that means you havent traveled them like I have - or it means you share that aversion toward Jewry/Israel.

the hatred felt against jews is irrelevant to this discussion. my feelings towards jews is irrelevant. you can either back up what you say or you can't.

The maps speak for themselves, no matter how often you keep repeating "its utter rubbish".
in what way exactly? what do they say? one of the maps is just a map of the world in various colours. what is that supposed to say.

What muslim-led websites say about Jews and Americans speaks for itself, and have been saying since decades no matter how often you keep repeating its utter rubbish.
this is laughable. what websites? what do they say? what have those websites got to do with me, or your opening post?

do you just hate muslims, or what?

[edit on 5/1/09 by pieman]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

You keep saying "Its" utter rubbish. What exactly? Dont generalize. Let us know what exactly is "utter rubbish" and why you seem to be angry about a few simple facts.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
*the free world is so free that it has become intrusive,imperialist,colonialist,homeless,agressive too causing collateral damages everywhere outside:do you really have to travel the world and want all the rest of the human kind to be like you and/or like what you like too...;kissing your girlfriend in front of all the world...well what does it mean exactly...!!!and what does freedom really mean...just that:kissing your girlfriend anywhere you please...;btw a lot of people consider 911 as an inside job...and the ussliberty being attacked by zionists and so on...:i like these different versions...;i sometimes i get tired of the internet i live in a muslim country not in an internet black hole:the free world was long time a fiction broadcasted by nicely packed tv programs and thank GOD ALMIGHTY the internet just swept away that illusion...: you ae not free you have prisons,you have censorship,you have political assassinations,you make war against poor countries,you have lost wars:i am sorry but life is not a hollywood movie

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

no, Im not going to justify what is happening to the Palestinians. Im not that simple and things are not that black and white.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by pieman

You keep saying "Its" utter rubbish. What exactly? Dont generalize. Let us know what exactly is "utter rubbish" and why you seem to be angry about a few simple facts.

i think you should re-read the thread, i feel i was quite clear both times i said it.

i'm not angry, i'm disappointed to see a mod starting a thread like this, i'm a little bemused because you're not usually like this and i'm quietly convinced you're quite drunk.

i certainly haven't noticed any facts.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by pieman

The Guantanamo Bay situation lessens the U.S. track record but does not change the overall general human rights situation.

The first map is to show that Israel is surrounded by enemies who far outnumber them in manpower and resources. Israel is nothing but a small slab of desert, laboriously cultivated by the Israelis.

Israel is a jumping off point, tactically, to the Saudi Oil fields and the Suez Canal, it is why it's creation was supported in the first place and it is why it's repeated abuses of human rights are tolerated. If it wasn't serving those purposes it would not receive the support that it does. Very simple. It's abuses are therefore, shared in terms of culpability, with all those countries that it has agreements with. As a friend said to me today, Israel is nothing more than a colony of the US.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

I actually believe this is one of those situations where everyone is wrong - there is nothing right about this anywhere - on either side

The Qur'an admonishes those men who oppress or ill-treat women: O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should you treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the dowry you have given them - except when they have become guilty of open lewdness. On the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If you take a dislike to them, it may be that you dislike something and Allah will bring about through it a great deal of good. (4:19)

www.ynet.co.il...

www.ehmac.ca...

query.nytimes.com...

scripture isn't evidence

we can all quote scripture – there are those that live by it – those that don’t

in every faith

the links above – you should really read them

and if you do please keep in mind – I didn’t pick them out as evidence of how wrong, how evil the Muslims are

they demonstrate that when mankind is wrong – it’s so very, very wrong

throw a dart at a map of the world – I can pretty much guarantee we can find another disgusting story along these lines - wherever it lands

I don’t have a favorite in this race. If it were up to me we’d all join hands and sing Kum Ba Yah

There are enough horror stories on either side (plus all the sides outside the inside) that the only thing any reasonable person can say is “stop the insanity”

but that’s not going to happen – looks like

[edit on 1/5/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What a load of "you're with us or against us" Bovine Feces!!!

I suppose we are supposed to ignore the hatred of everything Muslim spewing forth from your posts and all of Christianity and Jewry around the world?

This thread is utter crap.

I'm disappointed in a fellow staffer "taking sides" like this.

I guess I must be an evil anti-semite.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

The US has more people in prison than any nation on the planet

I value living in a society which imprisons people who seek to harm others.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

My critisism goes to fanatic religion in general...which includes fanatical Christianity, btw.

Just because I am critical of muslims, does not mean I am a Christian or even a Bush-Supporter.

Thanks for contributing your opinion though

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

My critisism goes to fanatic religion in general...which includes fanatical Christianity, btw.

and the title of this thread is what exactly?
the title is rubbish as well as the unlinked OP, fantastic.

[edit on 5/1/09 by pieman]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Extremism in all forms is wrong, regardless of which faith the practitioners belong to.

It's not the religion that causes extremism but the followers who twist its teachings to benefit themselves.

There is not a country in the world that doesn't harbor extremists, but to say that the country itself is extremist is extremely small-minded.

Sure, Israel has some extremely horrible people, but they also have some extremely good people, just like all countries - including Iran, US, Iraq, etc. To judge the entire country based on the actions of a few is stereotyping.

Stereotyping is only a step away from racism. Racism is only a step away from extremism.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Calling people like the Hamas and their Iranian backers by name is not extremism. These people are a menace to the civilized world.

I understand it is unpopular to critisise them here, since the current Iranian admin agrees that the world is run by the "NWO Conspiracy, led by "The International Jew"...an opinion which certainly has a lot of fans here.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

i'm disappointed to see a mod starting a thread like this,

Beyond the emotional reaction, what facts exactly are you calling rubbish?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Great post, Skyfloating!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

i'm not calling any facts rubbish because you haven't posted any.

but just because you seem a little hung up on it i'll explain again.

the first map just shows that isreal is surrounded by countries in which a lot of muslims live.

the second map shows countries with more dubious than normal internet access, allegedly. overall, most of the people living in these areas, by a long, long way, are not muslim. so it doesn't support your point of view.

the third map you posted has no key, it means nothing at all.

the forth map shows countries in which marital rape is recognised in law, alledgedly. again, most of the people living in the areas which do not recognise marital rape as a crime according to your map, by a long, long way, are not muslim. it doesn't support your point of view either.

any questions?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join