It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD: Fanatical Muslims vs. The Free World

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by iammonkey
heres the link . www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Thank you, Sir. That is a heavily bias source as can be told be the name of the site and also the sub-heading of the page. That, though, does not necessarily mean that they have misquoted the Koran. But they may have misinterpreted it or taken verse out of context. It's a strange book not always easily understood when translated into English from the original language.

I got a copy of the koran years ago to see for myself what was in it. Thay are in there. If in doubt grab a copy and follow up.
all the best iammonkey

I have several translations of the text myself and may well check a few of the quotes you pasted. The likelihood is that I will find them in there as they were quoted. Several of the religious books from the middle east that we use in contemporary times have some pretty dark things to say.

P.S No i did't add anything, but keep in mind you can remove the added remarks it wont change what is written in the koran

Perhaps, perhaps not. Some of those quotes may have been taken out of context.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Cadbury]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Cadbury

I think she is referring to the Six Day War.

Oh, I see. My apologies. But I should point out the the 1967 conflict was the third Arab/Israeli war and all this had started years before then.

Sinai Peninsula was returned to Egyptian Administration. However, the Golan Heights will be restored to Syrian territory after the Israeli's signalled a willingness to restore the status quo. Not likely until next year.

With the pending creation of a Palestinian state, Gaza and the West Bank, all territory gained from the Six Day War will officially be returned.

Are you sure? It's been almost 42 years of occupation. What makes you think they'll give it back now? If anything they seem to be expanding settlements again.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury
What makes you think they'll give it back now?

Israel and Syria both want peace. Both see a new agreement and settlement on the Golan Heights.

If anything they seem to be expanding settlements again.

Until the United States has the political desire to deal with the Christian groups, who fund the settlement operations, then nothing on this matter will occur any time soon.

Settlements increased by 50% under the Presidency of George Bush. Obama will be less nonchalant and more proactive.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Did someone forgot to mention a radical Christians?.Not mention the past - blowing up a abortion clinics it is a act of terror and point to be a radical.
The most stupid and radical statement comes fro very top of US government.
Someone stated that "God told him to start a war". Should I point a finger?.
You can find extremists in every religion(I have a hard time to find extremists in Hindu religion, but will keep looking).

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by liesnomore
The most stupid and radical statement comes fro very top of US government

Really? Let's not be bias.

The UN's own "Human Right's" Council denied their was a genocide in Darfur. Or the Chinese, who declared the Spiritual leader of Tibet - Dala Lama - a terrorist.

That's pretty ridiculous on both examples.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by liesnomore
I have a hard time to find extremists in Hindu religion, but will keep looking.

it isn't all that difficult, "hindu extremists" returns 300,000 results in google, here's a selection of links.

www.youtube.com...
www.indiadaily.com...
www.asianews.it...
www.crosswalk.com...

religion is an excuse for hatred, it's as simple as that.

[edit on 7/1/09 by pieman]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The UN's own "Human Right's" Council denied their was a genocide in Darfur. Or the Chinese, who declared the Spiritual leader of Tibet - Dala Lama - a terrorist.

Yes but those did not actually led to a war. The point is that in any religions some can find a fanatics. Killing it is against the will of the God in any religion, but the leaders of those religions are interpreting the work of God to they own convenience with disregard to any human life. Lock of education in "masses" in some country`s (yes in US too) give an scrupulousness persons ability to control some people.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

EXCELLENT POINT! Everytime Israel is attacked, responds, and gains territory, the UN steps in and makes them give it back! Perhaps, if we got rid of the UN we might settle some of these conflicts!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

I believe you are mistaken. Fundamentalist Christian fanatics have been denounced in this thread and in many others. There is not one iota of difference bedtween a fanatic homicide bomber who kills innocent women and children, and a fanatic fundamentalist Christian who blows up an abortion clinic, or attacks and kills a gay man, or gang rapes a lesbian(or any woman), or drags a black man to death behind a pickup truck. I lump all of these people in the same group. They are terrorist. They are scum. And God will punish them, either through the state, the military, or in some cases, the personal retaliation of a family member.
The Bible says "Vengence is mine, sayeth the Lord; I will repay." (Romans 12:19) But He never says what or who will be the instrument of the vengence.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
I believe you are mistaken. Fundamentalist Christian fanatics have been denounced in this thread and in many others.

Oh im sure they have, not enough apparent. Folk here give too little credit for the mess christian fanatics have done this world. Its real easy for folk here of christian faith to post little to nothing regarding the mess evangelicals have caused in part to the worlds problems, and then post a flood of comments of "outrage" regarding muslim extremist.

There is a war in the middle east that has been raging on for decades, a folk in these united states always outright support Isreal, the vast majority of these threads are outright pro isreal and there is a real lack of judgement for both sides, not just one.

There is this boner for isreal when it comes to most members here, and its sickening, so please, dont give me that "we said that before" crap about the christian fanatics or the zionists, because it be like comparing afew comments to a wave of pro-isreal propaganda threads.

There is not one iota of difference bedtween a fanatic homicide bomber who kills innocent women and children, and a fanatic fundamentalist Christian who blows up an abortion clinic,

You kidding me right? Are you really that blind to think the dirty hands of the evangelical elite of the west is restricted to "bombing abortion clinics?" give me a break... please... before major contact took place between the muslim world and the west so called christians were already burning down
villages of minorities, chasing natives off their land, raping the natives of the colonies they settled upon, forcing folk to live under their religious laws at a time freedom should have been at its most influencial. Lets not forget the utter neglect of those christians due to colour or the so called christians who carried out genocide during the 40s, and damn straight they did... if anything the christian right has a longer more dirty history, tis a shame discussion here shows them as the least exposed.

Wipe your own dirty hands before you go singling out others. If you feel the need to discuss the fanatic extremests in the middle east causing this mess, it be fitting to discuss the zionist and christian right who have just as much to play in this war, and it appears that the "muslims" are the only ones being discussed. Iv got christian relatives, I believe in God, but I aint to bias to called em out of the dirty history their religion got, just like any other muslim or zionist.

Damn straight those suicide bombers are unforgivable, but should that mean Christians who have done the equivalent in the past be kept to a minimum as to the Muslims even though conflict in part has been brought upon by them? Should the Zionists who killed innocent Arabs in the past be kept out of this "fanatical" discussion? I think not. It goes either way. You want to talk about fanatical, clean your own hands first.

or attacks and kills a gay man, or gang rapes a lesbian(or any woman), or drags a black man to death behind a pickup truck. I lump all of these people in the same group. They are terrorist. They are scum. And God will punish them, either through the state, the military, or in some cases, the personal retaliation of a family member.

Yes, and maybe when watching a conflict such as the one right now in the middle east, you folks should get a reality check and realize that both hands are dirty, not just one. Both should be confronted, BOTH are fanatical and are unforgivable, BOTH are the problem and should be held EQUALLY accountable, and folks here appear to be reluctant... bias... This issue arised from the greed and hate of both sides, folk here seem to be taking sides, and all that does is fuel for stereotype over one group. Fanatics on both sides, zionists, christian right of america, are all JUST AS DIRTY as the fanatics in the middle east.

You cannot compare evil, and you cannot single out evil from a group of evil. All should be looked at with judgement on all sides, and these pro-isreal threads evidently lack the reality check of the sitaution. Isreal isnt anymore innocent that the other arab nations, stop treating them as such.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

southern, you mistakenly compare a political group you apparently don't agree with, to a religion that compels members to fight until all religion is for Allah, and Allah alone.

I fail to see any connection whatsoever. And as far as piss-poor administrations, the record goes to Jimmy Carter for impotence.

We got just a little, tiny taste of the near future with a kid sniper and John Muhammed. Almost shut down an entire region. Of course, that he was Muslim had nothing to do with . . . . Nah!

Just wait until some event tips their way. Multiply that times a hundred. A thousand. A hundred thousand.

Imagine it now in France. Spain. Italy. Britain. With all that Muslim population, there's no need for an invasion.

And an unarmed population to boot? You watch.

And as far as radical Christians, or radical Buddists, or radical Taoists have done, you're apparently standing on a steep hillside to suggest such a skewered perspective.

Get on level ground for a moment.

No religion in the world except Islam requires killing those who refuse their religion.

No religion in the world except Islam requires killing of those who would leave Islam.

Their behavior when they are distinct minorites is one way. But note where they have a majority. Now imagine some event that would require they follow the teachings of their religion.

I carry. How about you?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkshooter
southern, you mistakenly compare a political group you apparently don't agree with, to a religion that compels members to fight until all religion is for Allah, and Allah alone.

The Christian right, the christian elite, groups that have controlled and influence politics, their staunch support for placing the jews in Palestine, this is a political group, not a religion? am I hearing this right? so the christian conservative right is merely a political group that happens to be religious, and yet the comparison with the muslim political factions, some of which are hamas etc, they are some how different? That just doesnt make sense friend.

Two of the same buddy, the difference, christians extremests have been doing similar things over the years. This middle eastern conflict is in part due to the christian elite who, just because it said in the bible, decided to literally dump jews on that piece of land without any diplomatic agreement by the lest with the native palestinians who inhabited that land centuries prior and couldnt give an ass that gradually palestinians were being moved out... because it said in their books. The same christian elite that have cause havoc, wars over the past centuries... and your telling I cannot compare them to the political influenced muslim extremest of today?

No no their just a "political group", nothing to do with religion? You serious? can you please just.... just seriously re-read what you just posted above. Please.

I fail to see any connection whatsoever.

So you dont see similarities to the centuries of war, genocide, political dominance and involvement in the middle east by the christian political right and those of the muslim extremests? You see no connection, so similarities? what so the CHRISTIAN elite, merely a political group?

Honestly now.

We got just a little, tiny taste of the near future with a kid sniper and John Muhammed. Almost shut down an entire region. Of course, that he was Muslim had nothing to do with . . . . Nah!

Dont really get you there. I will say that there are good muslims and bad muslims. The extremests fighting in the middle east are different from the christian extremests and their political involvement in the past. To try to seperate the two to justify this stereotypal nonses is just unbelievable. I dont justify the current atrocities committed by such groups as hamas and Al-Quada, just like I dont justify the jewish elite and their killing of innocent arabs, neither to I justify the atrocities from so called christians during world war two, during the genocide of native americans, during the abuse of african natives, during their mistreatment of native australians, during their killings in the name of colonialism.

This conflict goes beyond "muslim extremests", the zionists and the christian right of america are just as dirty. Get it right.

Just wait until some event tips their way. Multiply that times a hundred. A thousand. A hundred thousand.

Imagine it now in France. Spain. Italy. Britain. With all that Muslim population, there's no need for an invasion.

You heard it folks... "all that muslim population".... this is exactly what such threads lead to.. the eventual stereotype that this is all muslims... theres a striking similarity to this in the past, like per say the civil rights movement, or 1930s Germany... strikingly similar. If you are freedom and tolerance of all men, I suggest you stop in your tracks right there.

And as far as radical Christians, or radical Buddists, or radical Taoists have done, you're apparently standing on a steep hillside to suggest such a skewered perspective.

Oh really, shall I educate you?

-What about the so-called christians involved in the killing of millions of jews during the 30s and 40s? and how ironic, their decendents are doing the very same thing.

-What about the priests and bishops involved in the Rwandan genocide? Thats not comparible to the muslim extremests?

-What about the "christian" spaniard colonialists who killed off natives of south america in the name of God? How about the first american christians who nearly wiped out the entire native american race?

-When the natives became outnumbered by european colonialists, they fought to claim some land back and dignity, and instead of a good agreement they were gradually moved out of their land a killed one by one as a "defense" of christian colonialists? This isnt a comparison??

-And the crusades? men and woman who were christian who killed muslims in the name of the bible to reclaim israel? Were they better than their muslim counter crusaders at that time?

-The enslavement and exploitation of blacks during the 19th centuries by christians? How about the killing of blacks during thos times too huh?

-How about the sterilization of thousands of Burmese women by American Baptist Paul Lewis, this isnt comparible to these muslim extremests?

-What about 100s of Hundu temples and shrines destroyed by christian missionaries? The exploitation of the indian people from so-called "higher" christian colonialists?

This..

....is not comparible to this?

no no their just a political group right? No religious extremests on our backyard... we aint bad.... no no all muslims are bad.... they are the only ones who have bad apples right?

No religion in the world except Islam requires killing those who refuse their religion.

Not all muslims agree with that.... to stereotype that all muslims are intolerant to other religions... to say that all muslims want non muslims killed... is just disgusting and is the kind attitude that the far right thrives on... they need was to justify their existence, this attitude is no different to the ones displayed during the 1930s... get a grip my friend. This war involve all factions, not just muslim extremists... and I find your attitude towards all muslims disgusting. Their are good muslim folk, tolerant ones who dont agree, infact the majority dont agree with the extremests, but you fellas aint helping anyone, you just discrimminate.

No religion in the world except Islam requires killing of those who would leave Islam.

Their behavior when they are distinct minorites is one way.

Yes... all of them.. even the hard working convenience store owner at the corner in Louisville Kentucky, the one who greets every morning, has a clear american accent and proud to be a citizen, the one who has a little chit chat from time to time, loves baseball, has americanized kids whos friends with other average american kids yet still faithful muslims, yes... lets just lump their family and millions of other hard working muslims with the minority extremists?

Get a reality check over the situation. The minority muslim extremests are not the only ones causing this mess, the zionists are responsible for their mistreatment and removement of Palestinians from land which was theirs CENTURIES before, the Christian right of america has their dirty hands right in this war between Isreal and the extremests, they fund to kill innocent muslims, all because of this and that... they decided to help chase the Palestinians off centuries of ownership of that land all because it says in their bible this and that, and this is where this conflict began. All sides are dirty... cut out this stereotypical BS. its 2009 for petes sakes.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Can you quote the Quran on this? You post which Surrah you are referring to, and I'll post this:

Surrah 2:256 "There is no compulsion in religion"

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Can you quote the Quran on this? You post which Surrah you are referring to, and I'll post this:

Surrah 2:256 "There is no compulsion in religion"

Oh boy, this issue about Islam being violent and non-tolerant is never gonna end

Yes there are some extremist factions in the world who call themselves Muslims, but real Muslims(95%) are too busy with their own lives than to care about "killing infidels" as you people keep saying.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
real Muslims(95%) are too busy with their own lives than to care

This is the only thread ever where I have received threats and abuse by U2U. When writing threads critical of Christians or Israel (which I have, if you check my thread history), I dont receive such threats.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I have to say I'm sickened to learn that.

People.... GROW UP!!!

if you can't talk/argue/debate it.... then leave it alone.... don't threaten folks....

That is very alarming.

I hope they have been banned or otherwise dealt with...

[edit on 8/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This is the only thread ever where I have received threats and abuse by U2U.

all undoubtedly from people who are either unable or unwilling to read

and too cowardly to voice their opinion in the thread

to those people I say - why don't you come back here and say what you have to say?

cluck, cluck, cluck...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join