It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New History Channel nostradamus 2012 documentary.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
New Nostradamus 2012 video.

Aired only yesterday on the history channel (4th jan 2009)
uk.youtube.com...

all the other 8 parts are there too if you look in the more info bit on the right.

Hope it's good. gonna watch now.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by clint flint

IMO, Nostradamus is a fraud and a silly man to discuss. His prophecies are so vague they can apply to nearly any event, sit down and try it. It's like a horoscope. Plus that 911 thing about 'two brothers' was made up.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I watched it and got bored.
I think he has run his course.

Too many ways to interpret his prophecies also why were there so many Mayan calendar guys agreeing with him? Or did I miss the point of that?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think the one that followed afterwards...Decoding the Past with Edward Cacey was even better and it also linked many of nostradamus' predictions.

www.near-death.com...

At first both documenteries scared the heck out of me but towards the end, I actually felt a bit of hope that there was a way for us to change the course.

Also Edward Cacey had this prediction as well, which shows that life does go on.
“I had been born again in 2100 A.D. in Nebraska. The sea apparently covered all of the western part of the country, as the city where I lived was on the coast. The family name was a strange one. At an early age as a child I declared myself to be Edgar Cayce who had lived 200 years before. Scientists, men with long beads, little hair, and thick glasses, were called in to observe me. They decided to visit the places where I said I had been born, lived, and worked in Kentucky, Alabama, New York, Michigan, and Virginia.

"Taking me with them the group of scientists visited these places in a long, cigar-shaped metal flying ship which moved at a high speed.

"Water covered part of Alabama. Norfolk, Virginia, had become an immense seaport. New York had been destroyed either by war or an immense earthquake and was being rebuilt. Industries were scattered over the countryside. Most of the houses were built of glass. Many records of my work as Edgar Cayce were discovered and collected.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by clint flint

I watched it but it's in my opinion gonna only hype the cap and make 2012 be a time of great dread for people. 2012 is nothing and Nostradamus was not a prophet, nor a doctor, nor anything but boy he sure s played as one on TV. Just goes to show you you shouldn't believe everything you see on TV.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Could that show have been more repetitious?

Oh, and the way they used "pull quotes" from the Quatrains to back up the argument. I saw one where they were using an obvious description of an amphibious fighting vehicle to suggest it related to the 2004 tsunami. Huh? And New Orleans as a "crystal city?" Please.

Most of the Quatrains are undated, and no one has ever found a dating key for them. So the undated verses are pretty useless. Nostradamus himself said the predictions ran to the year 3797. So obviously there can't be an "end of the world" in 2012, no matter how you want to define it, and it would suggest that all the really nasty world-ending stuff is still 17 centuries in the future.

It was really a pretty bad show. I flipped back to is a few times only to have the same junk being repeated each time. Flaky interpretations. Shoehorned symbolism. Bleh.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
when you post on ATS

you get exposed to more, substance-filled, informational conspiracies

this program lacked INFORMATION *BEEF*

it was all, a bit, elementary (the History Channel program)

all a bit....amateurish

revolved around these kids drawings, like...crayon drawn, 6th grade, cartoons.

which may or may not belong to Nastradamus.

(The galactic organization or something, coming at 2012, sounded kinda cool but they needed a scientist to discuss whether or not it's a valid concern, instead, they just had some philosopher speculate about global warming)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I read a book of his prophecies and I remember the preface stating that most of them were regarding France of his period.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The show was kinda lame i thought. Watching some of the "experts" trying to connect dots with drawings that could be interpreted a million different ways was funny to me. They were really reaching on some of the comparisons.

As someone stated above...Edgar Cayce is far more interesting to me than Nostradamus. I've seen that show a few times already. At least his predictions weren't vague and cryptic. Edgar was right on many of his predictions.

More attention should be made to him...enough of Nostradamus already.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well i got around to watching it and I agree with most of you.

It seems to be a lot of so called experts (all withbooks to sell I notice) desperately grasping at straws.

I just posted the original link in case anyone was interested.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I do like Nostradamus...however... the "Sleeping Prophet" Edgar Cayce was, IMO, the real deal! He made THOUSANDS of predictions, and readings instead of a few hundred. His information was pretty much a-b-c type of information, not simile's, and interpretations. But you must realize that in Nostradamus' lifetime, he could have/would have been killed for this kind of action.

I do believe that there are those of "US" that do have heightened abilities in regards to perceptions of events...and I do not discount them because I do not understand them...I just try to filter out what I can to make some kind of usable information from them.

I do believe there is such a thing as "Akashik Records" as it were, and some folks have a library card. I don't! I do however feel I am a little more receptive than most at "reading" people, and intentions...with the occasional foreknowledge of a probable outcome...but I am no Cayce.

As far as the OP...decent enough presentation of regurgitation of the last 10 Nostradamus shows...but there really is no way to add to something a few hundred years old...without new articles being discovered. I believe I saw something this week on a newly discovered Nostradamus book found in a Roman library...but it was presented as though it was his son's work, possibly...

More to come, I'm sure!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Did any of you actually watch the show all the way through? I thought it was knowledgable for those who only have a limited education about Nostradamus' prophecy. Then again, to gain a total understanding of Nostradamus and other people/civilizations that made this prophecy, you must be knowledgable in more than one subject in this matter.
ex, astronomy, astrology, history...ect.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

top topics

join