It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look Al Jazeera On Line Now!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There is full bombardmend going on!

Al Jazeera send just 45 min non cut online footage all around Gaza, from their observation post! ... Just terrible!

Its total mess tonight... Just follow how shells, bombs, are devastating city area... On line.

Looks like Armageddon is real... [snip] Israel!

english.aljazeera.net...

They are not cutting footage!!! 1 hour now...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
Time to take a deep breath, and consider how we post...

[edit on 5-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

You might want to read THIS

And as far as going and watching Al Jazeera ..

They are known and proven liars and propagandists. No thanks.

[edit: censor circumvention removed from quote]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've tried many times to view that channel, but for some reason I can't. I've downloaded the missing plug-ins, but it still won't play. I used to be able to watch it, no problem. I just get a blank screen these days.

Here's an interesting article from the home page. Hamas sound pretty determined. I suppose they have to be. They've got no where no to run. Fight to the death and all.

I know the Israelis are well equipped and trained, but I wouldn't fancy walking into Gaza. All them big explosions, they don't really impress me. Most if it's bravado, "Shock and Awe" and all the other crap that comes with modern T.V warfare.

The proper fighting is Man to man, forgot all the fancy equipment, it's the house to house, soldier to soldier which will determine the outcome of this conflict.

english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 5uMonday09/27/08 by paul76]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I doubt I would watch. Even a short clip posted the other day which was a mistake was too much for me.

I feel for both sides...the Gov's are doing what they want and as we've all seen the civilian population suffers on both sides.

Whose more animalistic...the ones that participate in violence or the ones that watch it as a regular visual diet?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Al-Jazera "known liars"??? Really? Where did you get that from? Their well known slogan is "fair and balanced".

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

SORRY I DISAGREE WHOLLY!!! The proper fighting is between two militaries IF it must be done. What the Hamas and Israelis have done in this whole thing is refuse to fight those that they think are the problem, THAT BEING THE GOVERNMENTS OF SAID PEOPLES!!!

No Israeli civilians should be targeted or rocketed by Hamas, but they are a known Terror org so I guess it's par for the course...

And Israel could have handled this better from a public Opinion standpoint had they just given the Women and Children of Gaza at least 48 hours to get to a border and get out. If they had done that any children left in the Gaza would be because the Parents chose that and Israel couldn't be blamed for childrens deaths.

But to say fighting to the death and man to man is the way it should be is to be a part of the problem they have over there now. It is time for Israel to stop shelling and ell the woman and children to get out and it is time for Hamas to stop shelling Israeli towns and using palestinian neighborhoods for their rocket attacks...

IT IS TIME TO LEAVE THE CIVILIANS OUT OF THIS THING FROM EITHER SIDE!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Whether or not they are known liars they have live footage of Gaza. It is really bombing after bombing if you have the patience to watch for 1 minute.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by adevvv]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I agree with you %100, but the reality of the situation is that both sides are fighting, street to street, house to house, man to man. Israel will not back down. Hamas will not back down.

This conflict will reach a conclusion. Israel will not stop until they've reached their goals. If Israel do pull out before they've reached their goals, then Hamas will claim victory. Israel will not tolerate this outcome again. It happened to them against Hezbollah, they were wounded. By Israel's own admission, they learnt a lot of lessons. They've been training for this scenario for two years. It's happening, and I can't see it stopping until Israel have finished what they set out to do.

I think the only thing that can save Hamas? Is time, they need to fight and hold out. A stale mate is a victory for Hamas.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
'Snip' Israel ?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If AJ is so biased and attuned toward enemy factions, would it not be advisable to watch it if for no other reason than to get to know our enemy better?

Whenever I see a headline on my rss scroller stating anything about Al Jazeera, I fully expect the first reply to be nothing short of stating them 'Liars and Propagandists', yet when I see stories from our own mainstream media, I see none of this. Clearly this is biased behavior when it's so very obvious that our mainstream media is nothing short of the strong arm of Corporate America.

One is quite hard-pressed to find ANY video news broadcast today that is not deemed lies and propaganda. Would anyone have any links as to which channels to watch for unbiased truth or real impacting unwashed unsanitized information?

I choose to watch everything in an effort to get to know my enemy, my friends and my masters alike. I stick to the internet when it comes to having any chance whatsoever of even the opportunity to filter out any semblance of unbiased truth, but to know what the populous is thinking one must only watch the local so-called news agencies. It's a purely faulty tactic to not watch something that instructs behavior of any peoples in the world we live in today (especially when we seem so alone in our beliefs), and I submit that doing so is the pursuit of either an unfeigned amateur, a shill (purely biased, whether paid to be or not), or someone under an unbelievable quantity of denial.

No one will ever convince me of anything until I do it myself.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It seems that israel have turned there propaganda machine, into making us think that it is all arab propaganda now, lol. They cannot win by trying to hide what they are doing, now they try to pretend that arabs use propaganda.

It just shows that israel has no answer to our debates on these boards.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Its total mess tonight... Just follow how shells, bombs, are devastating city area... On line.

Really? They are showing the Israeli cities that were rocketed by Hamas?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
its very un fair the way the media makes it look like gaza in wrong when they are victims.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
LOOK NOW!!!

english.aljazeera.net...

Full scale attack in front of your eyes now, on line!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Pump...

Very, very big attack now. Live broadcast! I just want to collect people to see this... Al Jazeera is working hard to tell this story, naturally taking huge risks too.

english.aljazeera.net...

( ... I found the worm in last minute! Huh... )

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Have you even bothered watching it? I somehow doubt it

AJ is by far the best of the major news channels. They're just a little fixated at the moment on Gaza and are covering little else.

Did you know that they're the only news channel with reporters inside Gaza?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

I am not here to support reports, but live broadcast. Now they turn to report, but when they turn to live broadcast - it can last more than hour without break... Just Live picture from scene.

Now there is coming dark, so probably they have to do white-corrections to cameras; this break is needed to set cameras to night setups - change positions.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You might want to read THIS

I just read this and had to laugh. So we can't trust Al Jezeera because they lie and push propaganda. Who are we to believe then? CNN, FOX, NBC, all did the EXACT same thing during the election and still do it. So, FF, who are we to believe then?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Really? They are showing the Israeli cities that were rocketed by Hamas?

In fact they have covered attacks in Israel extensively, including live footage of Hamas rockets firing over the walls. Today I saw fantastic live footage from Ashqelon as a complete ghost town due to fear of rocket attacks.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

I think I already answer your question in above.

Live broadcast doesnt lie... I turn my screen to broadcast always when they change to Live pictures. Listening reports, well... More lies I can read here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join