It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take a deep breath, and consider how we post...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
from this Logo

Kind of biased isnt it?
isnt the middle east issue more then fantics

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Kind of biased isnt it?
isnt the middle east issue more then fantics

How is showing a guy who is defending himself, biased?

[edit on 12-1-2009 by lucid eyes]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

As if you can tell whether he's defending himself or attacking someone but that's not the point. The point is when we think Middle East most of think about that same basic images of Muslim terrorists.

So I can understand why it seems fairly biased.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
have anyone made a statistic or whatsoever on the trigger of these (israeli-palestine issue) hostilities?

not that i want to blame someone, but being an ats member is a privilege, not a right for my understanding and I at least, think that intolerance towards other members is not acceptable. therefore the replays for the triggers are the case to study, and the triggers must be repeated. it almost sounds like a filter or something, but at least it is a just one if applied

please U2U if a statistic has been made and the info is truly statistical, ie: wide spread.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretstash
Whether you are religious or not, I think we all need to say a little prayer for everyone in that region. I know I can certainly see both sides to the story and I think that it's very tragic. That war has been brewing for centuries and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. We can only pray that they will find a way to resolve the conflict soon. The children have been devasted enough.

How right you are. We all need to remember, (me included) that true peace does not come out of war. There are always two or more points of view to any dispute, and the only way forward is for the warring parties to put away their armaments and negotiate a settlement which they can live with, and which will bring lasting peace to the region.

Conflict in the Middle East has been going on for centuries, and each war or skirmish arises because the neighbouring countries will not live peacefully with each other. Whatever the historic facts, if they don’t negotiate a lasting settlement, the same disputes will continue for many centuries to come, which will cause death and suffering to many more thousands of people.

ATS is a valuable place for dialogue concerning the rights and wrongs of any given conflict, but just imagine how more positive it would be if, instead of discussing the merits and de-merits of each parties’ case, we could help to find new grounds for discussion which would lead the warring factions to the negotiating table, and help bring about lasting peace.

Now; that would be really be a most positive use of the combined ATS intellect, wouldn’t you say?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Sir,

At what point, however, does discourse become rated to be hate speech or overtly offensive? Is it the opinion of the moderator? When I first started with ATS back in '04, I believe, I remember that the 1st Amendment was much more firmly defended in relation to posting. I was kicked off in 05 for commenting negatively on the behavior of individuals during the Katrina debacle. Sometimes opinions are going to offend people, thats the beauty of living in this country. I've spent years in Iraq and am not particularly impressed by its culture, what can or can't I say or offer an opinion on? It seems rather oppressive in here lately.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I agree pretty much with what you're saying. But seriously, if anyone sides with Hamas Hezbollah, or Al Qaeda they don't deserve respect

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SandGod
At what point, however, does discourse become rated to be hate speech or overtly offensive?

When a member posts intolerant drivel that does not benefit the debate or discussion in any way.

When I first started with ATS back in '04, I believe, I remember that the 1st Amendment was much more firmly defended in relation to posting.

Firstly, the "First Amendment" does not apply here on AboveTopSecret.com... it only applies to the "government" infringing on your ability to freely express your opinions.

However, we have a long and consistent history of being champions of free expression -- within the easily understandable limits of decorum as defined by our terms-and-conditions.

For example -- it may be appropriate to post: "I dislike the [fill-in-the-blank] culture because _______________ is well-documented" -- and it is not appropriate to say something like: "I dislike those damn smelly [fill-in-the-blank]'s because those [expletive] control _____ and have ______". One attempts to engage in meaningful debate while the other simply hurls pointless insults. There are certain "gray areas" and degrees of complexity, but that should give you a general idea of the way in which such intolerance might be measured.

I was kicked off in 05 for commenting negatively on the behavior of individuals during the Katrina debacle. Sometimes opinions are going to offend people, thats the beauty of living in this country.

There may be a subtlety that you have not yet mastered. It may be okay to offend people, but it's never okay to be offensive.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger23
I agree pretty much with what you're saying. But seriously, if anyone sides with Hamas Hezbollah, or Al Qaeda they don't deserve respect

I understand your point of view, though I may not agree with it's single-minded intolerance.

One could just as easily say that someone unable to listen and consider any point of view, deserves little, if any, respect.

As participants in a society with aspirations for civility and compassion, we need to understand that the organizations you list have emerged for a reason. While their tactics and rhetoric deserve contempt, we also must consider that desperate people do desperate things for a reason. A closed mind may never learn that reason.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yes, but many of these organizations exist out of their own religious mandate. Desperation is an obfuscation to conceal their real purpose. When the Koran says, "Kill the infidel wherever you find them", they interpret it literally. Osama Bin Laden isn't desperate, he's loaded. He just believes in the literal application of violence and conquest through Islam. Most of these other organizations believe the same way.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
People seem to not use responsibilities with their freedoms! Freedom of speech doesn't mean we can spew hate. I just don't believe that! I'm glad to have Above Top Secret to voice my opinion. Let's not screw it up!

As a Christian, I'm for Israel. That land was given to the Jews by G-d. No man has the right to take it from them. G-d chose Jerusalem as His home on earth. I won't try and take it away from Him! I don't dislike the Palestinians so give them Iran! (joking).

Heard Obama was going to bring Palestinians to America and set them up. Is this true? As a taxpayer, this is wrong! We'll have to foot another of Obama's bills.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The middle East has been at "war" in some form or another for about 4,000 years, the differences then was the number of men and tactics, over the years the machinery of war has improved, (
) it was not until more recent times that the alliance between the US and the Israelis has tipped the balance.

It is also fair to say that the internet and satellite communications has only now given the world a window on the reality of Gaza. This alone may change the balance, it is one thing to hear about useless rockets fired at Israel, quite another to see mass destruction and a doctor weeping for his family as his house became a target for an Israeli tank.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ragdollcat
People seem to not use responsibilities with their freedoms! Freedom of speech doesn't mean we can spew hate. I just don't believe that! I'm glad to have Above Top Secret to voice my opinion. Let's not screw it up!

As a Christian, I'm for Israel. That land was given to the Jews by G-d. No man has the right to take it from them. G-d chose Jerusalem as His home on earth. I won't try and take it away from Him! I don't dislike the Palestinians so give them Iran! (joking).

Heard Obama was going to bring Palestinians to America and set them up. Is this true? As a taxpayer, this is wrong! We'll have to foot another of Obama's bills.

As I have said before, the Middle East war has been going on for 4,000 years or so, it is unlikely to stop anytime soon.

To cite material written by the Jewish people as some proof that their god "gave it to them" is somewhat foolish, if I took your car and claimed my "god" gave it to me you would be incensed and rightly so.

There are many gods followed by the worlds people, of which the Abrahamic god is but one.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Whoever supports genocide (IDF- Israeli Govt), lies (Iraq War- USA Troops/UK Troops) and calls resistance fighters( Hamas/ Hezbollah) against illegal occupation don't deserve respect either. Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I have noticed that recent Trend on this board too . Outright Anti Semitism and Anti Arab sentiment being expressed ad nausum . Regardless of Political differences , people here should act with a little more sense of Decoum when voicing their Opinions . Can't we all just get along Please ?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

AMEN Brother... regardless of where we are in the world, there still needs to be a constant respect for the individual and even their religion/sex/race/preference. Regardless of our own personal views, there is a certain "golden rule' that we have to follow... "Treat others as we wish to be treated".

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
my middle east issue and it may be a big one to many of you is , get the # out . you aint helping and you never planned to. you are having to much fun killing civilian, women, children, you like to feed on the full sickness of the human mind. and feed it. i despise anyone supporting the war. for your own countries or others. humans were never meant to kill eachother it was something we did out of sport for different races different catches, you sickos make it something that is meant to make your country a great economic power, for you sickos, murder feeds country , you are worse than nazi civilisation ifrom the position that you think you can justify it all through whatever reasons you find necessary, is it pakistan next or syria or iran. or is it the same foundation you have fought the last seven based on resourse. you oil greedy peices of excrement. if only you knew how much you have reduced the evolution of human kind you may have changed your mind

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I would like to see the Gaza conflict getting its own forum. This is the area I was browsing, that got me to join. It won't be ending anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hi my self peter rose.I wanna say about this topic .........
i have just read some where..............
We have sizeable manufacturing operations and engineering resources in Israel that could be disrupted as a result of the expanding hostilities in the region. We also sell our products and services throughout the Middle East and demand for our products and services could be negatively impacted by the hostilities.

The risks and uncertainties described in the 2005 Annual Report on Form 10-K, the first quarter 2006 Form 10-Q and described above are not the only ones the Company may face. Additional risks that we either do not currently anticipate or do not deem to be currently material may affect our business, financial condition or future results.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join