It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take a deep breath, and consider how we post...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Can we stick 'em all one one thread - like with the Obama birth certificate thread - and say ... Discuss the war in Gaza HERE ONLY?

I think there are too many angles and stories within this issue for a single-thread approach.

We are, however, considering a dedicated forum if it appears to be a long-term topic.

Skeptic that would be a great idea. A dedicated forum and warnings to trolls and derailers.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

the conflict in gaza and lebanon not 2 years ago allways bring out the battle lines - a dedicated forum for that area can encompass the subjects you mention.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
All I would ask is that ATS Moderators remove slanderous and Racist statements at Jews or Muslims. By all means people should discuss GOVERNMENTS Actions and why they do it and if it's wrong it's wrong. But never should we allow people to use a Governments actions to spew their anti- ANYTHING about any people or race or religion...

ATS has been allowing the anti-semites pretty much free reign since this Gaza thing and I for one am tired of it, if i wanted to join a Klu Klux Klan or Nazi Forum I would have!

Thanks in advance for semblance of normalcy coming back to the ATS Threads since the Gaza thing started!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Mason you hit the nail right on the head.

For once you and I are in agreement!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hi Skeptic Overlord,

Does this public ATS reaction to the threads critical of Israels policies and not the Jews specifically (a concept which seems to confound some), have anything to do with the threats made by certain a member(s) regarding turning over links to alleged "anti-semitic" threads to the JDL and reporting ATS as being complicit in allowing hatred?

I certainly hope not, considering how many other threads pose controversial theories and ideas regarding specific races, genders, sexual orientations and religions.

I hope no favoritism is at play here.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
While I see the necessity for a small "reminder" to people to "behave" I am glad that the discussion of the issues here will stay open and active.

I will hate to see ATS taking sides because members may feel that their side is not view and respected by the other side and beyond.

Still I agree with other members that this issue will be temporarily and that the Israeli/Palestinian conflict will come to a stop eventually in the Gaza strip and life will go back to normal and so here in ATS.

Patience people.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The media is just waiting for the next big event to leave this one in the dust and no doubt we will follow them to the next story.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Somebody mentioned the Katrina Forum. It is old. Replace it with a Middle East Forum encompassing Iraq and Iran too. A true ME Forum.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I think these issues effect all of us as world citizens, it will also extend our immediate and day to day expressions of our concerns and commitments to the less fortunate people we witness in the media going through difficult times.

amazing isn't it?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Trust is something that is earned, even your best friend will turn on you if circumstances are right, whether it is political or spiritual.

The weapons of warfare are technologically advanced, yet, we take every technology imaginable and turn it into some sort of defense or self defense

Including a forum.

It doesn't matter who is at fault, we are all capable of warring with one another,

Look at us

edited to say, it is an addiction, addicted to the control drama and the adrenaline rush.

[edit on 013131p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think people were starting to go into shock after the elections. Obama/McCain Israel/Palestinians To some people it all seems the same and a way to work out their own frustrations. I agree though that ppl need to take a time out and realize that spewing hatred from this side of the computer only serves to rev the tensions over there. It is called the Butterfly effect.

If the people on this site really cared for other people, it wouldn't matter what country they were residing in or what color they were. Spew out fire and you will get burned. speak to understanding and knowledge and that is what you get back. Anyway.... just felt the need to say it. I have an invested interest over there and it doesn't matter which side this person resides on..... all of THIS is not going to help *that*.

And this just goes to show, huh?! that hatred isn't just rooted within the heart of the middle east.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Funny you should say that.

When I talk about the Israeli government you call me a Jew hater and a scumbag.

To SkepticOverlord.

Thank you for this reminder.
I also believe a seperate forum in the manner described by masonwatcher is a good idea,and if you go ahead with it just make sure its manned by your toughest no nonsense mods.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by DantesLost]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DantesLost
Funny you should say that.

When I talk about the Israeli government you call me a Jew hater and a scumbag.

This thread isn't for finger pointing. It's to remind people of ATS' standards.

just make sure its manned by your toughest no nonsense mods.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by DantesLost]

You rang?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Apologies.

I just found the statement a little
lol.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
A lot of posters have sort-of been exposed as just angry people. In general, just angry people with lousy attitudes and "gotcha" posts...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
From Mvd2

Some members seem to find it necessary to derail every thread into a trolling Hamas-is-to-blame and Israel-is-to-blame topic.

That's what I mean. Someone starts a thread every time a bomb falls or a new video comes out. Then all the same people show up saying the same exact things they said on a dozen other threads.

It's all repeated - just under a new thread title. Nothing changes and I'm willing to bet no one actually reads what those people are spouting anyways. It's the same thing over and over.

[edit on 1/5/2009 by FlyersFan]

Kettle, Pot, Black springs to mind.....

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

but that is one of the main issues
the whole point of this topic aswell is the way people address each other on the Israeli Palestine Issue.

You cant seem to say anything without being called antisemetic or something along those lines, one thing that causes Most issues

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for putting this in perspective.I have avoided looking at any of those threads because of all the mudslinging and incoherence in thoughts from a few ats members.
I don't come on ats to be mean or tasteless to others with a different opinion.I come here to learn things through logic and reason.
Thanks for intervening on this issue and keeping the haters at bay.
Thanks again, have a good day.
Rob AKA DrumsRfun.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
I think people were starting to go into shock after the elections. Obama/McCain Israel/Palestinians To some people it all seems the same and a way to work out their own frustrations. I agree though that ppl need to take a time out and realize that spewing hatred from this side of the computer only serves to rev the tensions over there. It is called the Butterfly effect.

If the people on this site really cared for other people, it wouldn't matter what country they were residing in or what color they were. Spew out fire and you will get burned. speak to understanding and knowledge and that is what you get back. Anyway.... just felt the need to say it. I have an invested interest over there and it doesn't matter which side this person resides on..... all of THIS is not going to help *that*.

And this just goes to show, huh?! that hatred isn't just rooted within the heart of the middle east.

I agree with you mamma, the computer age is making this all the more dangerous, because it can be used to antagonize and instigate.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I am also sick of the name calling and the blame game concerning the middle east.

I am a little befuddled that a particularly young member appears to have free rein to stereotype others, resort to abuse and make outrageous accusations without providing much proof - ad nauseum.

Some of the posters are civil and provide a wealth of material for those like me who want to know more about the history of the conflict.

I am glad that this will be monitored more closely now.

take care all
res

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join