It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Strikes Before an Ally Departs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

...Leading Democrats, including Senators Harry Reid of Nevada and Dick Durbin of Illinois, both of whom appeared on programs on Sunday, have also expressed support for Israel. “I think this terrorist organization, Hamas, has got to be put away,” Mr. Reid said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”...

There is more to the story and it can be read HERE for those hat want to read it. I thought this part was very interesting considering the story was making a case that Israel attacked so Bush/Cheney would back them, yet it appears that more than Bush/Cheney is on Israels side here...

...Asked whether sending troops into Gaza was a mistake, the vice president replied that “it’s important to remember who the enemy is here,” adding, “You haven’t had a conflict between two U.N. charter-member states, you’ve got a U.N. member state being attacked by a terrorist organization.”...

Another very good point and I aint a Cheney fan by any stretch of the imagination. I think this is a great point actually, think about it. A UN Member is being attacked by a Terrorist Organization, no one can claim Hamas aint a terror org. as they are most nations list of terror orgs...

Where does the rest of the world draw the line? Should we not be helping our UN Ally in this fight as Canada and Britain are helping us in Afghanistan?

Anyways, good story if you can get past the NY Times slant towards the terror group...

[edit on 1/5/2009 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Enabling Israel to commit genocide next door is not helpinp anything. It doesn't matter whether they're part of the UN or not, they're still human beings who don't deserve to be treated that way.

And that goes for both sides of the border. The only reason that palestinians aren't in the UN is cause they don't have they're own country to work with. They have a strip of land *given* to them by the Israelis....

You know Nazis just use to burn they're ghettos...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The greatest irony is that Hamas does a better job than Fatah on all fronts, on governance, on health care, stability, and the like.

But Hamas does not serve Israel, so they must go... right? Wrong.

Why is it that every time Israel gives a reason for going into Gaza, they say 'We're being attacked daily by rockets and mortars' (which does not go very far into Israel by the way.)

I do understand this: After the 1967 war, which was started by Egypt, Iraq, and Syria opposing a Zionist regime, NOT PALESTIANS- Israel kicked out the Palestinians in a preemptive war and stole their land because the Palestinians would not live under Israel under Jewish law, they would not follow Israeli laws and customs, which in my understanding is racist in nature.

So Israel simply kicked them out and made them live in a tiny territory and imposed embargoes/travel restrictions on them.

How can the Palestinians not be angry at this, after dozens of years?

Why are people so surprised that Hamas is launching rockets, are they not allowed to fight back or something

[edit on 5-1-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The only reason that palestinians aren't in the UN is cause they don't have they're own country to work with. They have a strip of land *given* to them by the Israelis...

So I get your point correctly I need to know if you meant what you typed, So you are saying that palestinians were never offered statehood by the U.N. or Israel before and definitely not many times since 48?

Is that your position, so I know?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
which in my understanding is racist in nature.

SO if your understanding is wrong then what?

Israel has Palestinian and arab Knesset Members, Israeli Palestinians can VOTE and OWN PROPERTY.

Show me where in the middle east Jews are members of the Government and can Vote and can be in the government??? If not I would say your understanding is skewed to say the least....

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
News flash to Mr. Dick Cheney... Hey A##HOLE, there's a reason that the Palestinians don't have a UN Chartered State... Israel and the United States!!!
More propaganda from this undead, zionist POS Beavis-look-alike! Cheney - May you die a painfully slow and agonizing death then rot for all eternity in the Hell in which you belong!

Frankly the Israelis are the true terrorists in the conflict!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
News flash to Mr. Dick Cheney... Hey A##HOLE, there's a reason that the Palestinians don't have a UN Chartered State... Israel and the United States!!!
More propaganda from this undead, zionist POS Beavis-look-alike! Cheney - May you die a painfully slow and agonizing death then rot for all eternity in the Hell in which you belong!

While I may agree on your assessment of Mr. Cheney (Mr. is used liberally here) I disagree that the Israelis and US have stopped a palestinian state. That lies on the regions arab states and palestinians.

It is a FACT and a irrefutable one at that, that the palestinians have been offered statehood over 7 times since the first one offered by the UN in 48. To which they have refused every time, claiming they will wipe the Jews out and take their state... Why is it that no one can abide with the ACTUAL HISTORY of the area? Why is it that we have to make stuff up to try to make our point? Can w not use the FACTS as they are really and make our point,or does the real facts make our point stupid?

For those that aren't aware of the seeral state offers form the world to the terrorists in palestine here is a brief study...

In 1947, the United Nations created the United Nations Special Committee on Palestine (UNSCOP) to find an immediate solution to the Palestine question, which the British had handed over to the UN. As recommended by UNSCOP, the UN General Assembly approved what is known as the Partition Plan in Resolution 181 on November 29, 1947. The plan determined a specific date for the end of the British Mandate, May 15, 1948. More importantly, the proposal called for the creation of two states, while Jerusalem and Bethlehem would be placed under United Nations control. Jewish leaders of the Jewish agency accepted parts of the plan, while Arab leaders refused it.[4][5][6] Large-scale fighting soon broke out between the Jews and the Arabs. King Abdullah I of Jordan met with a delegation headed by Golda Meir to negotiate terms for accepting the partition plan, but rejected its proposal that Jordan remain neutral. Indeed, the king knew that the nascent Palestinian state would soon be absorbed by its Arab neighbors, and therefore had a vested interest in being party to the imminent war.[7] As the Mandate was set to end, the State of Israel declared its independence on May 14, 1948, leading to the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, known to Israelis as the War of Independence and to Palestinians as the Nakba - the disaster. Almost immediately, Transjordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and the Arab Liberation Army declared war against Israel. Over the course of the war, scores of Arab settlements in the new state, mostly small villages, were depopulated due to a variety of often-disputed reasons, including expulsion by Jewish or Israeli troops, fear from attack, or encouragement by the British or Arab officials to leave until the situation had died down

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Urgh that's a really bold statement. First of all, Palestinians have been offered they're own state, many times and have turned down the offer every time, mostly for the terms of the contract were not favorable on they're part. And not all of Israel are terrorists, just they're government, i dont even like that word terrorist, it was invented by dick cheney and george as another way to scare the public.

In any case, you can't blame one side or another, it's not that black and white.

new topics

top topics

join