It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird vision (help)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
hey everyone im new to ats

i was just curious because whenever i get bored in uni and look at the floor for few mins in class everything seems to melt only pattern type surfaces i have never done drugs but i am worried can anyone help thank you and apparently this happens from lsd ive never been on drugs so yeah thanks

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by piero

I dont mean to sound sarcastic etc if it is taken that way.

Are you blinking when staring at the floor??

You do know that if you stare at something for a long time your vision changes etc do you not?

Blurs, darkens etc

They do say that there is a bit of Homer in us all.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
nah all i do is stare at the floor and it starts to melt and go weird

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by piero
nah all i do is stare at the floor and it starts to melt and go weird

This is common, everyone gets it.

If you do not blink or stare at a paticular space for a small amount of time your vision will go disturbed.

Its why your eyes move constantly and you blink.

Trust me, you have no need to worry whatsover.

Im surprised you did not know this actually.

But there will be things you know that I probably wont so dont take that as an insult.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
ohh really thanks for your help
none of my friends or anyone i know can do it

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by piero

Well I can, when I was a kid I asked a doctor and that was the explanation I got.

People who cannot do it are not preventing motor functions of the eyes.

Its like breathing, you can stop it if you want to but why would you do that? It is an automatic thing you have no direct control of (motor function)

Hope that makes sense.

Anyways welcome to ATS.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ya use to happen to me in school all the time.

As a teacher whats really fun is to place one of those pictures that jump out 3-d effect when you go "cross-eyed". You can always tell who's about to fall asleep as they jump up looking at the pic lol

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
A few days ago I couldn't focus directly on something like letters in a word because it was morphing into a blurring wave or something, and I was worried because I thought I had some sort of little stroke (what a world) but it returned to normal much to my relief. Maybe wait a day or two before you get worried, lol.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by piero

That's happened to me too, so I wouldn't worry about it. What I would worry about is your lack of punctuation. Just a little constructive critisism for you. A well written post will garner much more attention.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
reply to post by piero

That's happened to me too, so I wouldn't worry about it. What I would worry about is your lack of punctuation. Just a little constructive critisism for you. A well written post will garner much more attention.

Here is an example of why it is dangerous to critique posts on anything other than the content; criticism is spelled with a c not an s. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

reply to post by piero

Here is an example of why it is dangerous to critique posts on anything other than the content; criticism is spelled with a c not an s. Sorry.

O SNAP! that was awsome. the function of language is to portray a meaning. Untill it gets to the point were nobody can understand, its rediculous to worry about things like spelling or even grammer... run a few senarios in your head take a guess and run with it. You might missinterpret the meaning, but wth.

yeah and your halucinations could be somthing worth further internet research. Dont just use only this forums opinion... never get only one source of information.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yes, don't worry, it happens to me too. I also didn't get much 'in life' feedback from others about it, whether I wasn't explaining it well or that most people don't pay so much introspections to what they are seeing in what they are seeing.

Except for someone did actually explain in one regard that (in the way of drifting squiqqles) I am seeing the parasites or tiny biology on my retna/lenses. You know?

You might be seeing more of what makes up what we see when we look out. From there in the way of shapes or forms or distortions your brain can take off from there to make sense of the information. It is just a theory.

Conversely, when some of this looking gets to be too much, back off from the looking and distract yourself with noise, sunlight, or activity; as perfect practice makes perfect and you might find that this imagry set and what goes on in your mind when they appear, comes easier and easier and might become as much of a nuisance as a pleasure. And difficult to free yourself of.

I see the world normally, and overlayed onto that are an infinate number of pixelations.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

reply to post by piero

Oh crap...you got me! LOL......I'll humbly slink into the corner now.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yeah this is all normal, don't worry. I tried mild substances at a young age and when this happened to me I thought I was having a flashback.
Turns out it can happen to everyone, even if you have never ever been intoxicated on anything but life.

Check this out... Just stare at the red dot then look around your room.
EDIT:Maybe don't if you are eppilectic, light sensitive or lightweight.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by and14263]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Aw well sorry, hope you don't think I was being mean. The devil made me do it. It was just rather classic that the word I noticed was 'criticism' -- how could I resist?

new topics

top topics

join