It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of the war! And I'm ashamed of my fellow ATS members.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
To the Thread starter:

Too much drama Sir. We're human beings; get used to it.

I so wish for a 2012 Armageddon; Should bring in one hell of a ride. You should wish it too. Oh and don't bring spiritual change, cause Humans are too stupid to figure out when they MUST change for the better; Bring skycraper-tall water walls and drown the living crap out of our stubborness; Time for a major clean-up mother earth.

Listen to some Tool, might help you with your bitterness...

Hum, wait... "Schism" that's the word.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

Hey Alph hows it going?

I just woke up and got to do that whole work thing you know.

If you feel the need to to try and coral me into one group or another fine. I'm not going to argue with you. I made my statement and I neither support the war not do I want to choose sides.

Look you started the thread and I pointed out that:

You appear to have a better understanding of the global situation and want posters to behave as you see fit. You have stated as the OP that you are "ASHAMED OF YOUR FELLOW ATS MEMBERS" and that is a problem since it makes you selfish.

That is not an ad hominem on my part but instead is a general observation of what shame is based on and you are the one that chose your title. You selfishly wish posters would all agree with you or at least only post messages that fit your sense of political correctness.

In your profile you wrote...

Large people at Burger King who order tons of food and then ask for a diet coke!

What business is that of your's what anyone orders? That makes you judgmental as well as selfish. "Large People" is your idea of a politically correct way of calling someone FAT or Obese. So your sick of the war but don't stop to consider that your prejudice against FAT PEOPLE and think that is a joke.

Slay, I'm not putting you in a coral though I'm sure you meant to say corral. You want it both ways and that doesn't play out in the real world. Pretend for a moment that I have a thyroid condition and wind up obese you have already made up your mind that "LARGE PEOPLE" are in a group that you admittedly "Don't Like" I can go on but it is not my intent to harp on you. I am merely pointing out that he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones especially when he judges people regularly.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You know what is funny, I was watching Back to the Future the other day and they were being terrorized by Lebanon. Rmember them?
Almost seems quaint.

I am sick of war too. My husband and I met during war, we got married during war, we had a child during war.

I am worried that my son will be drafted at 18 at this rate.

I actually have avoided the subject of the Gaza strip and avoided it on purpose. My plate is full and I have too many other issues to be upset about. But I am most certain where I to read up on it I would have an opinion.

Yours Truly,
Nixie

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yeah I sometimes wish I didn't know as much as I do.

Ahhh I wish I was that care free teenager I once was growing up on the beaches of California again.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I am sick of the war, too. Thanks for starting this thread, OP!

IMHO, both sides are wrong! 'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent' - Isaac Asimov

If these people cannot tolerate each other living together, then maybe they should ALL be kicked out of the disputed lands and NO ONE be allowed to live there. Otherwise, they need to STFU, quit fighting, and live and let live!

And the US has no business taking sides in a conflict that does not affect us one iota. We should impose sanctions on all parties involved, equally, or else just stay out of it entirely!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

People always seem to choose sides in a conflict then there are those like myself and others here at ATS [Just read the vast majority of the replies] that agree with me and do not want to choose sides and agree with the fact that war is stupid and innocent woman and children die..

It seems to me and is quite apparent to everyone reading this that you are one of the few who have an issue with somebody expressing their dislike and hatred for warfare.

My son spent a year in Iraq. I supported him not the war. I have also served as my father and his father before him. Yeah so I hate warfare. I have good reason; I know what it’s like. It is said that soldiers pray for peace the most for it is they who will have to fight.

So it’s easy to sit back and be an armchair General and watch people die on TV or on the net when the real tragedy are the young and old who are on the receiving end of bullets, bombs and rockets. Even a “Smart Bomb” spreads shrapnel.

Nobody will ever win this argument on the web.

As far as my profile goes.
Don’t like it?
Don’t read it!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333
If these people cannot tolerate each other living together, then maybe they should ALL be kicked out of the disputed lands and NO ONE be allowed to live there. Otherwise, they need to STFU, quit fighting, and live and let live!

And the US has no business taking sides in a conflict that does not affect us one iota. We should impose sanctions on all parties involved, equally, or else just stay out of it entirely!

Since as you say the USA has no business in their fight then who will preform this...
"they should ALL be kicked out of the disputed lands and NO ONE be allowed to live there"
The USA supports the Israeli economy and military with substantial cash money and weapons so is that not the US GOV taking sides? Since the US has supplied Israel with advanced weapons already and the Palestinians are armed with AK47s and various dated eastern block weapons and no air force is it not possible that the USA is mmmm
CULPABLE

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

As to who should make them vacate the area, that should be up to the world community to enforce, if the inhabitants can't get along they should be evicted. But not by the US or any other single country acting alone. It would require the UN to enforce the eviction of the Israelis and Palestinians from the disputed territory.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha_Magnum

We (as in all posters) can and will go back and fourth on current events as part of normal discourse. I believe that if you have issues with the other posters you should just ignore them but wanting people to post according to your particular wishes is pretty rediclous.

I have no power on how or what people will post If I agree with someone I'll post my opinion and others that I disagree with I have done exactly as you stated above.

I leave it up to the members here at ATS who they agree or disagree with and if they like a position they’ll award it with a star and may leave a post and if they don’t they won’t.

Can’t be any simpler than that. I leave the judging up to my peers, do you?

[edit on 6-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

People always seem to choose sides in a conflict then there are those like myself and others here at ATS [Just read the vast majority of the replies] that agree with me and do not want to choose sides and agree with the fact that war is stupid and innocent woman and children die..

It seems to me and is quite apparent to everyone reading this that you are one of the few who have an issue with somebody expressing their dislike and hatred for warfare.

My son spent a year in Iraq. I supported him not the war. I have also served as my father and his father before him. Yeah so I hate warfare. I have good reason; I know what it’s like. It is said that soldiers pray for peace the most for it is they who will have to fight.

So it’s easy to sit back and be an armchair General and watch people die on TV or on the net when the real tragedy are the young and old who are on the receiving end of bullets, bombs and rockets. Even a “Smart Bomb” spreads shrapnel.

Nobody will ever win this argument on the web.

As far as my profile goes.
Don’t like it?
Don’t read it!

Here you need to take your own advice about your profile. If you don't like political posts, war posts or whatever else that you don't like then simply stick to the UFO threads.

Now as for this post and thread you started it. You are the one who said, "I'm sick of the war! And I'm ashamed of my fellow ATS members." Now what that tells me is that you have taken the do nothing stance in this case regarding WAR or more descriptively correct "Death Camp" It is the weakest position available since it does nothing to actually stop the incursion.

ashamed = 1 a: feeling shame, guilt, or disgrace b: feeling inferior or unworthy

So if I state that I believe the Israelis cause is just then your suggesting that I am a disgrace or inferior are you not? It is in the title man. I'm an ATS member and I happen to believe that the Israelis have gone over the top. So now you feel justified by branding me a disgrace or inferior like Hitler did to the Jews because I expressed my opinion?

Then the rest of your reply is just a continued guilt trip with the old reliable out of, "it’s easy to sit back and be an armchair General" bit. Here is one for you to put in your pipe and smoke; I want the thing to stop as much as anyone and this is a clear cut tragedy and the Israelis have taken matters to far.

You think that the people that are "agreeing" with you are some sort of global majority? Think again since the USA is grossly outnumbered by 6 BILLION people (add the population of the USA to GBR) and we still don't even get to 500 MILLION. Have you seen the protests all around the world? You want peace but your government gives weapons (that our taxes pay for) to Israel and other nations to go to WAR.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333

As to who should make them vacate the area, that should be up to the world community to enforce, if the inhabitants can't get along they should be evicted. But not by the US or any other single country acting alone. It would require the UN to enforce the eviction of the Israelis and Palestinians from the disputed territory.

You do realize that you just invoked a call to the NWO or "Global Government" don't you? At a minimum I can't afford another layer of taxation. I'm surprised by your reply to say the least.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Isreal has a death sentance hanging over its head. If Mexico was lobbing rockets in to the U.S., would we just say "mabey we all need to do a group hugg, sing kumbia, and think pure thoughts and then they won't blow up our citizens, schools, and do such awfull things."? The Jews found out the hard way, big time by not having the intrinsic power of a nation state. As they are murdered by Hamas which makes our mafiia "murder inc" look like a debating class. I would want our government to go into Mexico, hunt those who murder my people down, and kill them. Any one got a problem with that? Given Mexico is run by the drug cartels all the way to the top, don't hold your breath.

In the late 1980's while I was in the middle east, I saw a market blown apart with particlized tissue/bone that hit me, and the explosion was about perhaps a block or so away, give or take. I was also hit by what looked like piece's of a human hand, a small one perhaps a child. Only three times in my life have I been defiled by experiencing what can only call abject, unfocused rage. This event I mentioned, when I heard about 9/11, and when I was tortured. And when I say torture I don't mean wussy water boarding. As a result of that event I had to no longer be available for any field activity. And I was never even a field agent! I was an analyst (and remain one part time). But the M* F* who did what they did to me is the reason I remain crippled to this day.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

So if I state that I believe the Israelis cause is just then your suggesting that I am a disgrace or inferior are you not? It is in the title man. I'm an ATS member and I happen to believe that the Israelis have gone over the top. So now you feel justified by branding me a disgrace or inferior like Hitler did to the Jews because I expressed my opinion?

Then the rest of your reply is just a continued guilt trip with the old reliable out of, "it’s easy to sit back and be an armchair General" bit. Here is one for you to put in your pipe and smoke; I want the thing to stop as much as anyone and this is a clear cut tragedy and the Israelis have taken matters to far.

You think that the people that are "agreeing" with you are some sort of global majority? Think again since the USA is grossly outnumbered by 6 BILLION people (add the population of the USA to GBR) and we still don't even get to 500 MILLION. Have you seen the protests all around the world? You want peace but your government gives weapons (that our taxes pay for) to Israel and other nations to go to WAR.

As your spouting your opinion remember two things

A. these are your words and interpretations
b. I never said you were nor called you any of those things.

your entire reply is coming from between your ears. It’s a pretty scary place to live within one’s own mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

lazarus801
Well put Kindred. There is way to much hate and anger within the world and not enough love and kindness. Star for you.

Thanks
You are right, tell me about it and most of it is unjustified and uncalled for.

Why is it that some people have to be overly dramatic, especially when it comes to the human race. It's the minority who are responsible for all the wars, violence, pain and suffering on this planet, yet all of us somehow get lumped into the same basket as these criminals. People who think like this must truly live in a very dark place, one that is completely devoid of reasoning, common sense and hope. I truly feel sorry for these people. You people seriously need to grow a backbone & stop dwelling into your own self pity and negativity, because you're only harming yourselves.

Out of a population of billions, the majority of people on this planet are good & decent people. If you can't see this, then you seriously need to get out more and stop buying into all the negativity you see on tv and in the news papers

keeb333

If you ever decide to run for the top job at the UN, you've got my vote. Lets face it, you couldn't do any worse than the current leader of the UN. He's about as much use as a chocolate fire guard..

I will do everything in my power to ensure that our United Nations can live up to its name, and be truly united, so that we can live up to the hopes that so many people around the world place in this institution, which is unique in the annals of human history.

Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General

All talk and no action.........

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

As your spouting your opinion remember two things

A. these are your words and interpretations
b. I never said you were nor called you any of those things.

your entire reply is coming from between your ears. It’s a pretty scary place to live within one’s own mind.

Title of thread: I'm sick of the war! And I'm ashamed of my fellow ATS members.

ATS Member Alpha_Magnum .... YES

Define ASHAMED:

1 a: feeling shame, guilt, or disgrace b: feeling inferior or unworthy
2: restrained by anticipation of shame

Is the original poster ashamed of himself?
NO.
Is he ashamed of someone else?
YES.
Who?
He is ashamed of his fellow ATS members.
What does that mean?
He considers his fellow ATS members to be shameful, guilty and or a disgrace or even inferior or unworthy.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Bomb every center of religion in the world. But something tells me the ignorance that religion breeds is only the tip of the iceberg; and is that iceberg humanity...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hey great talking with you now I have to go to work
I will back later

I'll leave you with this now famous quote I would follow his advise because now more than ever it really does apply

We (as in all posters) can and will go back and fourth on current events as part of normal discourse. I believe that if you have issues with the other posters you should just ignore them but wanting people to post according to your particular wishes is pretty rediclous.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Isreal has a death sentance hanging over its head. If Mexico was lobbing rockets in to the U.S., would we just say "mabey we all need to do a group hugg, sing kumbia, and think pure thoughts and then they won't blow up our citizens, schools, and do such awfull things."? The Jews found out the hard way, big time by not having the intrinsic power of a nation state. As they are murdered by Hamas which makes our mafiia "murder inc" look like a debating class. I would want our government to go into Mexico, hunt those who murder my people down, and kill them. Any one got a problem with that? Given Mexico is run by the drug cartels all the way to the top, don't hold your breath.

In the late 1980's while I was in the middle east, I saw a market blown apart with particlized tissue/bone that hit me, and the explosion was about perhaps a block or so away, give or take. I was also hit by what looked like piece's of a human hand, a small one perhaps a child. Only three times in my life have I been defiled by experiencing what can only call abject, unfocused rage. This event I mentioned, when I heard about 9/11, and when I was tortured. And when I say torture I don't mean wussy water boarding. As a result of that event I had to no longer be available for any field activity. And I was never even a field agent! I was an analyst (and remain one part time). But the M* F* who did what they did to me is the reason I remain crippled to this day.

So then revenge is the answer! Be sure to get your revenge on the proper people! Never spare the children since they might also seek revenge!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

couldn't agree more . the frustrating thing is this conflict is a huge prpoganda spin for both sides . how many conflicts are being waged at this moment and how many do you get to hear about . shame this amount of air time wasn't given to the conflict in rwanda!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Hey great talking with you now I have to go to work
I will back later

I'll leave you with this now famous quote I would follow his advise because now more than ever it really does apply

Here is a quote that I enjoyed:

I am a member of the human race and if there are Aliens or Ghosts or a Great Spirit how do I explain this nightmare?

Huh?

WELL?

I'm talking to you!

yeah YOU!

My only excuse would be that me and my fellow human beings are
Pathetic!

When you start a thread with, "And I'm ashamed of my fellow ATS members." that is essentially an ad hominem since we ATS members all get a label from the word ashamed = 1 a: feeling shame, guilt, or disgrace b: feeling inferior or unworthy ...

You end it with, "Me and my fellow human beings are
Pathetic!"

Just speak for yourself in the future since your own self image is admittedly that you are pathetic and that means "pitifully inferior or inadequate" (for those that didn't know). There are a few here that want to see it all burn but leave everyone else out of it.

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join