It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of the war! And I'm ashamed of my fellow ATS members.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

i know how they are going to take over too. Its no secret, its in front of your face everyday. Mexcans... Mexicans will be the secret militia/army the aliens are using. No american can cut grass like a mexican. No other person in the world can walk from one dessert country swim through a river and hop a fence into another. To top it off, the only thing that come close to multiplying as fast as they do are roaches.

Note: this is not a racial remark "i am hispanic".

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What have you done to my post?

How do we go from too many ignorant posts about all the BS between Israel and Hamas to Mexicans breading like Roaches?

Edit to change the mood of this responce while I was making lunch my girlfriend took it upon herself to reply.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

dude you are too hostile... chill out.... breaking the serious mood. i honestly do not care about the war. its not my war... take a chill pill...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Syntaxstealth

racial remark regardless of your race...if you are Hispanic then why in the hell would you want to further the degradation of your heritage by promoting such uneducated statement and claiming they are not racial???

Flagged on principal so there.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

Not at all. I just want people to realize they are being controled. Being lead into divisions. Playing on the strings of the master minds of this world. To what end? Censorship no. Knowledge yes.
Its how you read into my post. From only 1 point of veiw.
You didnt take a moment to understand why I feel this way. You only want to make your own claim to the reality of my post.
You see how this works? People all over claiming they know what is right for me.. Or what is right for you.
Besides.. Its not up to me.. or I could say # on here...
Get my #ing point?

Cool, ask a question and instantly the poster breaks into profanity and breaks his own little oath or promise... The foul language you used lowers your overall intellect. Quite uncivilized and probably not good for children but as you wish..

I will take no part in any little one sided faction!
I will not express my feelings, nor will I bait you into a hateful remark..

PAX

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't agree here.

I can't imagine losing friends over an argument of this type. Different ideas and opinions are what make ATS the wonderful place it is. If you can't be friends with someone because they have a different opinion than you (even one they defend fiercely) then you probably didn't need to be friends with them anyway.

As you said, the motto here is to Deny Ignorance. Although I believe your intentions where good, you seem to have missed this point within your own post.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

Slayer doesnt want us to argue. so i wont, but if you dont have a sense of humor, ignore my post. so much hostility in ATS over words, makes this one of the reasons why they loose users so frequently.

Everyone is nit picking over comments not to be taking seriously. On the uneducated comment: Have you looked at the website lately? half of the topics you reply to "educated" are uneducated questions, claims or expressions of someones views.

i will be leaving for an hour ill be back for your response. Educate me on who it was wrong for me to post that.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just remember that while we're arguing/discussing this issue in friendly fashion, or not so friendly fashion, people, mostly innocents who want nothing more than to be left the hell alone, are dying and being hurt...on both sides.

It's easy for us as outsiders who have nothing personal at stake to take a side, yes, I find myself doing just that at times I admit it; and blame the other side as the font of all evil, and they should be damned to the bowels of Hell for their sins...yadda, yadda, yadda. Forgetting that none, absolutely none, of these people view themselves as evil. They are, in their own minds, the victims here, and are merely defending the right. Nothing is more vicious than a war between two groups who see themselves as the Righteous Defenders of What the Hell ever.

The Israelis aren't the guys in the white hats, nor are the various Palestinian groups involved now, or in the past, or unfortunately, the future. This conflict dates back thousands of years in various shades, and permutations, do you honestly think they, either side, knows who started it? Phhhppt! Not likely. Oh, they'll pretend they know otherwise; but they don't. This most recent exercise in rampant stupidity is just the next chapter in this saga of generational hatred. The Israeli's can't/won't turn away, nor will the Palestinians. This'll end when one side is dead, all of them, down to the last man, the last woman, the last child...if not today, than tomorrow, if not tomorrow, than ten years from now. Death and destruction, all for reasons that would, or should, shame anyone with half a brain cell.

Don't hold your breath waiting for sanity to break out. Because sanity has headed off over the horizon, leaving only the hate and bloodshed.

Death, death, and more death...all in the name of some righteous cause. A bit of land that has no value save for its name.

Forgive my pessimistic outlook, but I see nothing to jusify any other sort of outlook...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I'm sick of the war!

And I'm ashamed of my fellow ATS members.

Nobody will ever win the argument here at ATS. I've even lost friends here at ATS over this. This is so serious that a flaming smiley just wont do.

It's gotten absolutely ridiculous on ATS with all the hate mongering here. It would be one thing if logical arguments would do something to educate but it seems that a lot of posters here don't know and don't want to know the real story behind the gaza-israel war (or any other war for that matter). It's become just another version of 'Bomb Bomb Iran [or any other non-western nation]' all over again - day in and day out.

I applaud you for your observations and a S&F for the courage to post them.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Oh m I’m glad you feel that way OP.
But you see it’s not just about this war, you will notice a specific mindset on almost, if not, all the threads on here. Some members here appear to lack any conscience. It’s as if they live to relish suffering and destruction, as long as they’re not the victims of course. The latest example I can give is this latest thread on animal cruelty. I was expecting at worst, that some posters would try to minimize the matter but not actually condoning/praising it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are those members like me who don’t or can’ post much but I try to contribute as much as I can with the little I can say with honesty and good intentions. Yet, I’m amazed at how facts and information sources can be refuted or denied no matter how much efforts were putted in. The problem is we keep forgetting the evil that is within mankind itself, not just the Illuminati. As far as I’m concern, no amount of chemtrail, fluoride in the water or msm propaganda, can kill my conscience until the day I die.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Syntaxstealth

My apologies my girlfriend took it upon herself to reply on my behalf while I was making lunch.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

The problem is simple to put into words though. It is about Ignorance and Hatred.

Agreed. I think there are loads of it on both sides. That's just a given because both Ignorance and Hatred doesn't really exist without humans, and both Israel and Hamas are full of humans.

The Israelis do NOT kill for their God nor do they kill all Arabs ask any Jordanian or Egyptian if Israel will live in peace with arabs?

Again, very true. This is what sometimes is hard to understand from an extra-political perspective on Israel. It's not a theocracy as much as some might believe them to be.

Jordan is an excellent example of many things. For one, the King (who recently passed of cancer), King Hussein, came onto my aircraft carrier when I was in the Navy. He was always an ally to the US and by proxy, Israel. During the time of Saddam, Saddam's daughters fled with their husbands to Jordan. We went over as a show of force, and King Hussein of Jordan came on board. He himself was an a-6 pilot.

Then lets look at the Palestinians shall we? No state because they refused since 47, they do this because no state means no official group to hold responsible, same thing with Al Queada and the world right now, we can not attack a NATION over the Al Qeuada hence no real Nation enemy...

You bring up an interesting point. One which very well might make this, on another level, a clash of cultures. I don't want to romanticize it, but at a sociological level, this becomes very David and Goliath-ish, but with a twist.

The real question is, can the current form of super power and multi-national dominated civilization defend itself against the asymmetric warfare of groups with the specific mission of bringing it down?

This has happened at least twice before in recorded history. Once with the fall of Rome and a mellenia and a half prior to that, with the Ancient Mycenaeans.

Listen to what wikipedia says about the fall of Ancient Greece

Many explanations attribute the fall of the Mycenaean civilization to environmental catastrophe combined with a Dorian invasion. Whatever the reason, there was an irrevocable systems collapse which resulted in the complete failure of two civilizations in the Eastern Mediterranean region.

In the Dark Ages after the collapse of the palace cultures, there were no more monumental stone buildings, writing ceased, vital trade links were lost, and towns and villages were abandoned. The population of Greece fell and the world of organized state armies, kings, officials, and redistributive systems disappeared.

Either that, or it's the other way around and it's like the Americans fighting the Cherokee.. And the tribal ways are on their way out.

Either way, I think you are on to something.

Palestinians do say to wipe Israel off the map, palestinians still have no map with Israel on it and they have lots of support in the Jew Haters, I say that because I can not believe for one minute if the Palestinians were bombing say Canada or America or France or Australia that anyone in the world wold say the pals are right as they do when its Israel.

Yep. It's obvious Hamas has issues with Israel. My question is why? But aside from that, I think that it's not that black and white for us looking into th e situation.

For example. I see Hamas (Not Palestine), firing rockets into Israel. I see Israel getting ticked off. I see Israel hitting back, and from this point.. rightly so.

The other day someone posted a video, which was actually from 2005. This OP has since discovered this fact and redacted it, but it incensed me so because of what appeared to be very sloppy military might.

Now I'm not so sure what is actually going on in Gaza. I can only hope that it is highly targeted and surgical, and that children (regardless of the threat) are spared.

I believe Israel should act with high moral authority and do whatever needs to be done in a manner which is highly surgical.

And if it turns out they have not, I will be highly critical of them, because they are the adults in the situation. And I am NOT a Jew Hater.

Jew Haters side with anyone including terrorists which has been shown and proven as fact over this very conflict.

yes, but you don't have to be a Jew Hater to be critical of Israel.

You can hate both sides or none all you want, but tell me one nation that palestine could ROCKET the civilians of that the world wouldn't say get them for their actions besides Israel?

It wouldn't happen long here. Believe me. The nation of the USA wouldn't have to plot clandestine missions to invade Mexico, the Americans on the Border would be doing it militia style. No need for state sanctioning.

This is not about right or wrong, it is not even about pals or terrorist palestine, this is about the age old hatred of Jews.

You have just oversimplified and generalized the problems here. And frankly, it sounds narcissistic.

This is clearly another attempt at the anti-semites to try to rid the world of Jewry. And although I know they will continue to try til the BIG JEW Jesus Christ returns and stops it all. The problem is so many of these people claim Christ while hating the Jews, your Savior is and was a JEW...

Wow... that was unexpected. I really didn't expect post-modern fascinations with legends of Meggido to enter in to a conversation on the justification of a war with tribal people!

You really took me there...

I just dunno what to say to that.

I will make one more statement, The day that palestinians want peace they will get rid of the terror groups leading them and they will GET PEACE THEN and not one day sooner.

When the whole of their fighting men are aligned with the strongest faction which won democratically, it seems to be a bit difficult to do so.

When Palestinians want their children to live in peace they will remove terrorists and their children WILL LIVE IN PEACE...

I don't think it's as simple as that.

All one must do to see the truth here is see how and what Israel did with Jordan and Egypt after their wars, did Israel say screw you and continue the war or did Israel give land for peace and then honor that agreement?

Israel offered that same deal, land for peace, to palestine but every time they are met with rockets and turning down of the peace plan, so only the Jew Hater could see Israel as the problem here and it makes the Jew Haters look stupid when they say such things as Mason Watcher has spewed on here.

See, you make really good points about how Israel has behaved in the past. But then you go all maniacal on me with that "Jew Hater" hyperbole.

As I mentioned above, I didn't say Israel was to blame, just that if it turns out they committed war crimes, they should also be held accountable. That's not Jew Hating... that's called having a social contract with the world.

Nobody is special.

[EDIT: Removed tons of whitespace]

[edit on 5-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

dude.. if you lost friends over things that are here, then either you or your friends frankly need therapy and probably a swift kick in the pants.

Ok, really folks, and maybe this in indicative of what actually IS going wrong with society in general: the intolerance. people get into such a froth over religion, politics, color, art.. you name it, someone will fight about it.. but, the kicker of it all is, its done at arms length, like people cheering on a football team on TV, and that's exactly how more and more people are acting. They don't want to seek truth, expand their mind, grow.. they just want to win, and likely so they can say they're better, etc.

We keep hearing "oh why should I have to deal with ....".. because this is the damn world and you either get used to it, or get the **** off of it.

as for the rest of you, until you actually get your giant pampered backside out of your chair and do something more than just a token effort or cop out, please don't comment and grow a life before posting.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Guess if we could convince as many people that this war is senseless, as we have people that are convinced these threads start to become ridiculous, maybe we can say it allready had some effect ?

We all agree upon war being not the way to settle this crisis.
But i disagree one has to be ashamed of the people at ATS, because many were taking part in a positive way, sharing and posting interesting info and objective opinions.

If we could all put aside our origin, our religon and our hate and keep posting in a humane and respectfull way, things would go much easier.

I sincerely hope the motto at ATS is not 'Deny Ignorance', i would strongly prefer 'Teach the Ignorant'.
If only we could convince a few, open the eyes of people blinded by hate, power and religion, maybe we can evolve to a more humane community.

If we all gave up on this probably never ending struggle, we leave our future in the hands of bad politicians, the ignorant and blind, those that hunger for more power and bloodshed......

.... and that aint really an option.

I choose humanity over religion, the power of the mind over the fears in the hart, a sad truth over a great lie....

Don't give up Slayer, this forum needs reasonable people with an open mind.

Greetz

Emi

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emipie
Guess if we could convince as many people that this war is senseless, as we have people that are convinced these threads start to become ridiculous, maybe we can say it allready had some effect ?

If war is senseless than why is the USA supporting this one and engaging in 2 of it's own? Heck the reporter the other day took off his shoes and threw them at Bush while calling him a "DOG" The "sense" of it is that we Americans are supporting all of this violence by paying for it. The Iraqis and Iranians fought for years with a tremendous loss of life and we supported both sides. I "SENSE" our presence there has an ulterior modus operandi... FOSSIL FUEL

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Totally agree that hatred breeds hatred. Each layer of death (whoever side this is on) builds in two more generatoions of hate and despise.

I remember taking a very neutral stance over the balkan war and thinking - each death means more anger and hatred in the world.

We all have a part to play in this - let's laud the heroes who have the strength to broker peace & invite peace! Example - the ambulance men in Gaza should be praised round the world for the absolute sterling job that they are having to do. No we will not hear of these men - we will hear of the (put in your side's name) soldier who killed so many of the opposition.

One last thing about war to every politician - my mum said that two wrongs don't make a right!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha_Magnum

Originally posted by Emipie

If war is senseless than why is the USA supporting this one and engaging in 2 of it's own? Heck the reporter the other day took off his shoes and threw them at Bush while calling him a "DOG" The "sense" of it is that we Americans are supporting all of this violence by paying for it. The Iraqis and Iranians fought for years with a tremendous loss of life and we supported both sides. I "SENSE" our presence there has an ulterior modus operandi... FOSSIL FUEL

You're probably right about Americans getting involved because of the 'black gold'.
That is why they can't achieve peace in the region, they went in with the wrong motivation.
Not being interested in the human aspect, and now this is working against them.
I myself am not American, but i strongly believe that Americans are presently not supporting the government any longer on this war.

I live in Belgium, Europe, and here we keep close watch at many countries in Africa. All governments dissaprove what is going on, really human tragedy.
But they keep watching closely, doing absolutely nothing because there is nothing there of interest. I'm deeply ashamed for that.....
I'm afraid this news hardly gets trough in the US, but possibly the tragedy and human loss is many times bigger than in the Middle-East.
Millions on the run, drugged kid-soldiers with knives and huge guns, massive rape, tribe-slaughtering, starvation, it's just a shame for humanity that all so called 'civilised' countries hesitate to take proper action.

War will always be senseless, and violence should only be the ultimate tool to end an ongoing crisis. A tool only to be used to stop human suffering, not to take power or take out annoying governments....

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Emipie

America has no interest in peace just massive unrest so you can't see what is actually going on. When asked about a 48 hour cease fire Bush suggested that the Israelis should not stop. I'm not sure if he is the only US President to deny RED CRESCENT/RED CROSS and humanitarian aid but it makes it all to clear that these Palestinians are being used as bait to attract Iran into the matter.

Nothing happens without some American ENERGY RESOURCE motive at the center. My point is now that Bush has clearly taken sides many of us deplore him for that. Bush is not for piece or humanitarian interests. He has no business selling American defense weapons to be used offensively. Insisting on PEACE in that area is what a US President would do while providing aid to the refuges and wounded. Instead he adds fuel to the fire by providing weapons.

George Washington would I'm sure beat the stuffing out of Bush if he were alive. When I think about this I think about Lawrence of Arabia (the movie) and his line, "Its never written unless written by great men!"

By the way I'm not saying America is getting involved over oil. I'm saying that America started at this in WW1 w/ GBR and that most everything that happens in the Mideast is orchestrated and masterminded by the US or it's proxies. We pull all the strings and we want it all too.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
umm oky doky! I can't imagine anyone actually likes war so what makes you so special that you hate the war? And which war exactly? Are we talking about the war in Iraq in which the media got a hold of to shove down our throats? Or are we talking about Darfur or are we talking about some other area that is actually worse off than Iraq?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I hope one day the we as species wake up find some sort of enlightenment. It breaks my heart to see all the conflicts going on in the world and all mass killings in the name of a creator. I unfortunately, do not see this happening within our life time...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join