It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of the war! And I'm ashamed of my fellow ATS members.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

If they farted in the foxhole

Damn Slomo what did you have for dinner?

I don't know coulda been the cabbage of coulda been the Hummus.

In my best Jackie Mason Voice

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
More is the pity,that should be given to the masses.There are so many people around the world that once meeting one on one can come to respect each other's beliefs.The common man can and does cope with diversity among his fellow man.Organized religion is and has always been a product of control by those in power.
When you boil all major religions down to their purist form,There is a basic belief in a creator.That in itself is a fine and plausible concept.That idea should suffice.The rest of the varied teachings are personal concepts that should remain personal.
There are powers on this planet that over play the differences between peoples.Many of the differences are created by them and indoctrinated upon us. We are all pawns in the game.War is part of the game.Religion is part of the game.Racism is part of the game.Promoting jealousy between people is part of the game.
It's time to educate people to the truth.Remove ourselves from the game,refuse to play the game.Watch how quickly they will change the focus of the game to regain power.
There are no winners in a war except those whose job it is to promote it!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Why not just leave then instead of crying about it?

It's never going to change because people care about that stuff.

Deal with it or quit complaining like a little girl.

It's embarrassing

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiskeyswiller
Why not just leave then instead of crying about it?

It's never going to change because people care about that stuff.

Deal with it or quit complaining like a little girl.

It's embarrassing

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by marg6043

But when I feel that I may be angered by a particular thread I just skip it over and move to happier pastures and topics.

I've tried that to. But it always seems that somebody on another topic/thread will take it as an opportunity to get a jab in on one side or another it seems to bleed into other threads and topics just take a quick look around!

I think that about covers it

[edit on 5-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Dont feel too bad about it Slayer,I dont see eye to eye with a few people here but I bet in the real world in a good bar with a chilled pint in my hand I would get on well with all of them.

Things easily get blown up on the net,and it can be easy to read into things that are not there.The trouble in Gaza doesnt help!lol

I know all of us here want it to end and both sides solve their problems and live side by side as neighbours should.Its just a shame out useless goverments dont act as we do,and if they did there would never be wars

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This post is the kind of post I really could go into detail in. What would it help though? Stating my opinions and reasoning will not change anyone and ultimately we are trying to change others to see from our perspective instead of theirs. Debate and argument leaves us enemies or allies depending on opinion.

Why is that so important. Why can't we recognize each other as individuals and let religion be something purely of a personal nature not affecting the surrounding world we live in? Ultimately my hope for man is minute and maybe we will pull our heads out and say to ourselves "My opinion and idea of the way it is, is not so important for anyone but me. I should understand people have the choice to do as they feel is correct for them. I will not hate them for it because every mans journey is his own".

We are like children in the home fighting over who gets the new toy or who gets the biggest bowl of ice cream. There are basic principles I think should be upheld that are obvious such as murder and the like should not be accepted. We need to admit that we can and are usually wrong about most things, keep an open mind and don't make immediate judgements about others. Religion IMHO is the root of our problems. Ever notice how it is sooo touchy with others. And even then it is not so much religion but the translation of it. We cannot translate or take it seriously as it is not much more than a story or book of opinions and guidelines. (Might get flamed for that, sweet....)
Lets see the real issue at hand as a people and help each other to a better future.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
A star and a flag for you slayer (I love slayer too)

Not a one liner

take care all
res:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Hail, and hail! I have been stating this very thing for some time now.
ATS members should be on top of this and realize how bad we are being divided!! We are being torn down mentally, spiritually! And divided into little ATS factions!!

I will take no part in any little one sided faction!
I will not express my feelings, nor will I bait you into a hateful remark..

Thanks for the thread.. A fresh breath of air..
Its why I have you as a friend on here

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whiskeyswiller

Because without debate and discussion we continue in our self denial of knowledge refusing to admit to anything except what we have been raised to believe and what the general consensus of society dictates. Setting stakes saying this is the way it is accomplishes nothing. And sometimes being so sure about your beliefs and ways only makes it harder to see the truth elsewhere. Sometimes we only truly learn when we realize we know nothing of what we thought we did. Try to not make snap judgements friend. We need eachothers "intelligent" input to further our own development and to possibly save us from ourselves.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Religion is a control tool. The actors are witch hunter Thomas Muthee and the "almost" US VP Sarah Palin. Here he offers protection to her from witchcraft. The masses are literally sheep and gullible. The majority of religions essentially worship the SUN. Note how Palin is part of the act.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I totally agree mate

I cant believe that people sit there and abuse the crap out of Israel when Hamas is doing the exact same thing to the Israelis. I dont understand why people cant stay neutral on this. Like I've said before, the Israelis kill civilians with helicopter gunship attacks, Hamas uses primitive rockets and suicide bombers, innocent people get caught in the crossfire and die, its a fact of life.

I think everyone needs to take a long hard look at themselves and before they accuse all Israelis of being racist, actually read your own posts

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
War over god's is not worthy of our opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Hail, and hail! I have been stating this very thing for some time now.
ATS members should be on top of this and realize how bad we are being divided!! We are being torn down mentally, spiritually! And divided into little ATS factions!!

I will take no part in any little one sided faction!
I will not express my feelings, nor will I bait you into a hateful remark..

Thanks for the thread.. A fresh breath of air..
Its why I have you as a friend on here

So let me ask then. Is what you want for ATS and the general population .... MASS CENSORSHIP....

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Arguing makes life kinda interesting, especially politics =D. Maybe one of us will be the future nobel peace prize winner.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
with only one star it is obvious to me that this very revealing post has not been read enough:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check it out, click the link and meet the root of the modern conflict.

OH interesting, I learn something new everyday.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

Not at all. I just want people to realize they are being controled. Being lead into divisions. Playing on the strings of the master minds of this world. To what end? Censorship no. Knowledge yes.
Its how you read into my post. From only 1 point of veiw.
You didnt take a moment to understand why I feel this way. You only want to make your own claim to the reality of my post.
You see how this works? People all over claiming they know what is right for me.. Or what is right for you.
Besides.. Its not up to me.. or I could say # on here...
Get my #ing point?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Arguing makes life kinda interesting, especially politics =D. Maybe one of us will be the future nobel peace prize winner.

Yeah I’m waiting.
But in the meantime I'll more likely die from loneliness in isle 17 at Wal-Mart waiting for help trying to find my latest made in China gadget!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

It happens that Israel is a Jewish state. So when you mention anything having to do with these people they are quick to enter protect mode and call in the anti-defamation league. Your opinion and 1st Amendment are OK till you suggest that the Israelis might have gone way over the top. While we are at, if any of us disagrees with Bush and how he hands billions of our tax dollars over to Israel all of the sudden people who called him a war criminal turn around and protect him.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think you need more love in your life... All local ATS'ers to this OP need to go over, and give him a big hug and repeat this. "You are not alone, we here are human, ATS attracks alot of wackos that live in a hole and cant see past their nose, we know that. But, some of us just argue for the fun of it, others believe their own lies." with that said, lets go get a drink and flash a lazer in the sky and tell people we were beamed from another dimension.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
They're just creating chaos. I sound paranoid when I say this but, this is how they're going to take over the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join