It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of the war! And I'm ashamed of my fellow ATS members.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I’m going to avoid certain topics from now on and try to enjoy ATS for what is was originally created for.
Just look at some of these topics, No I’m not going to link to them.

The Gaza Strip and the Warsaw Ghetto: how Israel took a lesson from the Nazi's.

[source] Hamas brutalizes internal enemies

Israel-If This Thread Doesn't Open You're Eyes,Then Nothing Will.

[source] MUST READ! Rome's Jewish Chairman inadvertently exposes Zionist trick!

Why is Iran evil?

[source] Palestinian Holocaust Museum

Using the Israel-Palestine Conflict to Create the 3rd World War

[source] Iran Threatens to Break Israel's Gaza Blockade

Iran Gives Special Announcement For Leaders Of The World In 48 hours!

I’m Sick Of The Anti Israel Sentiment Here On ATS!

[source] Israel Rains Fire On Gaza With Phosphorus Shells

This is how war looks like..[Graphic]

Israel- Gaza is in the Plan

[source] Israeli tank column enters Gaza: witness

[edit on 5-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer69, Thank you for your thread...

"PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM"

Thought some background may help...

Source: www.shalom-peace.com...

Website page one below...

The shortest verse in The Holy Bible is found in The Gospel according to John, chapter 11, verse 35,
"JESUS WEPT".
In this same chapter we are given insight to the reason that led up to the recorded truth that "JESUS WEPT". In verse 5 we read that, "Jesus loved Martha, and her sister (Mary), and Lazarus", later on in verse 21 we are told that Lazarus had died.
Our LORD Jesus Christ was moved (see verse 33) in seeing Mary and the Jews weeping, therefore, in His compassion and love, He groaned in His Spirit, thus the account that "Jesus Wept".
The only other time in recorded Scripture that we find our LORD Jesus Christ weeping is found in The Gospel according to Luke, chapter 19, verse 41, as He beheld the City (Jerusalem),

"AND HE WEPT OVER IT".

Imagine, Our LORD 'WEEPING' over a city, that is, the City of Jerusalem.

Approximately 3,000 years ago GOD Himself chose Jerusalem, Israel as the City to place His Name there. (see: II Chronicles 6:6).

Is it any wonder that we read in Psalm 137: 5-6, "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. If I do not remember thee (Jerusalem), let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy".

'GOD THE FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT'

GOD The Father CHOSE Jerusalem (II Chronicles 6:6).

GOD The Son CRIED over Jerusalem (Luke 19:41).

GOD The Holy Spirit CONFIRMED His Word in Jerusalem (Acts 1:4 & Acts 2:1-5).

With these few thoughts from Holy Writ, do you 'wonder' why we find in Psalm 122:6,

"PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM".

In case you would like the pronunciation of these words in Hebrew,

"SHA-ALU SHALOM YIRUSHALAYIM".

The beginning word, 'SHA-ALU' means 'TO ASK', that is, ask The Owner, Protector and Redeemer of The City of Jerusalem, that He would bring Shalom (Peace) to the Place, the People, through The Prince of Peace (Our LORD Jesus Christ) !

WHY SHOULD YOU, WHY SHOULD I ?

Why should you "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem", and what benefit is there in so doing ?

First of all as we complete the reading of Psalm 122:6, we find that The LORD has promised, that (you and I) shall "prosper" that love thee (Jerusalem).

The Hebrew word for 'Prosper' is SHALAV ( to be at rest ) !!!

How marvellous is our recompense as we 'faithfully' remember to "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem".

WE WILL BE AT REST

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I love your Avatar Great Movie.

But...
right now I'm not into reading scripture.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
war war war is all I hear! How about protecting us, ATS members, Americans from those who will stop at nothing to kill us. Why do you blame us and ATS members for your Liberal stance on war. Let's be the first here in America to stop war and watch the new fall of Rome when we nievely believe that they will do the same. STOP BLAMMING AMERICA AND ATS MEMBERS FOR WHAT TERRORISTS HAVE BEEN DOING FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS... WE'RE JUST PROTECTING OURSELVES AND CHOOSE NOT TO COWAR AND FOLD. WAKE UP!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
this is nothing it is a preamble to the death and horror to come welcome to the world how many of you have been fighting for understanding I have been doing it for over 20 years stop whining get used to this it is a LOT worse then you know ALL do something all the time stop being sheep how bad does it have to be before you are on the street and doing something and STOP TYPING HERE ON ATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
have you all noticed in the most hottly contested and volatile threads that somehow....organized religion is brought up???

it is quite possible to despise and perhaps even hate a fraction or and entire Governmental system (like Israel's) without it being a religious issue.

I've made many threads over the years on Israel and it is NEVER an anti-semetic POV. Though there are those who would warp it to appear that way.

Religion is the root cause of 90% of our ills IMO. Take the religion out of your argument or discussion and see what you have left.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
It's gotten so ridiculous that if someone farts in a foxhole over there Bam a new thread!

We even have member threatening lawsuits!

Two of the funniest things I've read and in the same post too.

The first, because it's true.

The second, because I now realise someone has less of a life than I do.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

It's so funny it's tragic!
I'm glad Skeptic put out that U2U

Thanks again Skeptic.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The reason why these type of wars and discussions start is because people believe in only one truth. Theirs. Because they shut themselves off from the possibility that the truth may not be on their side ( or more than likely, are WRONG) they will try, with all their might, to inflict their truth on to those that do not sign up to it.

The more they push, the more resistance they will receive and escalation is inevitable. To the point where you want to inflict physical pain or death in order to bring your point across. People will hound, badger and troll around until you go.. "Ohhhh, now you put it that way, I believe you to be the sole bearer of universal truth. I bow to thee".

Like that ever happens.

So until the point people listen to the other point of view and see the merit of the argument rather than the color or creed of the people bringing it, it will remain that way. It makes no sense..It is very sad...and unfortunately we are ALL guilty of it.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
with only one star it is obvious to me that this very revealing post has not been read enough:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check it out, click the link and meet the root of the modern conflict.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Sad Sad Sad

I just dont get it...

Some people will never change.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
People would also do well to read and understand the results of this survey conducted amoung Muslims and Jews. It reveal a fundamental difference that is the very reason there will never be peace between them, and it is not the fault of the religious beliefs of Israelis.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If you have not done so yet It would do everybody reading this thread good to view the thread
Time to take a deep breath, and consider how we post...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Excellent initiative SLAYER69.

We are in great danger and in need of awakening grass root movement

to return to our peaceful, industrious, agrocentric roots that made the country

strong, and then great.

This is the end of the age of speculators, and the producers must return.

In some months, cars will dramatically diminish in number off our streets.

Victory gardens will re appear. And so will the great second depression.

As for war - we need to steer clear of this one, but that is already pre ordained

somehow, in time - we all agree.

Enough with killing and evil Ponzi scheme-sters (spelling?).

Let the backlash begin for a better place for all to live.

Truly sickening seeing the children killed by war, lets pray our children stay safe.

Maybe this time - ignoring the Madoff's and GW's of the world, we can get it 'more' right.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You might be sick of the war and ashamed of the posters however that changes nothing. It sort of breaks down like this...

1) Like in the Ron Paul thread who stated that America should never take sides and our involvement in this matter will hurt our nation. This happens to be the advice of George Washington and others who realized the value of free trade and setting a good example.

2) Our nation has embroiled itself into the global stage and a good deal of that involvement is related to resource control. We and the British are masters in getting other people to fight. We supply munitions to both sides of a conflict and in addition when it suites our selfish goals we even directly act in a conflict. We choose sides and that divides us here at home since some people choose the other.

3) Since our nation has been empire building and asserting itself between the oily prize and the other large powers out there things get overly complicated on purpose. Our President and many others before him has chosen to support Israel regardless of the situation at hand. Consider Israel to be an agent or proxy of what the USA's Mideastern intentions are. We supply and give Israel BILLIONS$$

4) The USA and Britain have essentially balkanized the majority of the Mideast, asserted military, financial and political influence so that we can always have control of the resources. Saddam was given Iraq by the USA who took it away later on. Iran elected a president but he wanted Iran to control Iran's oil so the USA got him outed and had the Shah installed and he allowed BP, etc. to be involved with the oil. The USSR was advancing on Afghanistan and the Caspian Sea so the USA (O. North, Ron, Papa Bush and Donald R.) had a plan to bankrupt the USSR by keeping them busy in the mountains. OBL was say "employed" to lead the Afghanistan resistance against the USSR. WW1 itself was strictly about resources since prior to the war OIL was discovered in Mesopotamia and Iran. The Allies (USA, GBR) relabeled Mesopotamia as Iraq soon after.

5) Religion plays a roll in that region but for the USA and GBR religion is a tool to influence the masses. Since all of the Sun Worshiping began thousands of years ago essentially two groups were formed. Those that believe and those that take advantage of those that believe (leaders and followers). The followers avoid sin while the leaders define and justify what that sin is. So when people do not play in this game they are outcast. People that resist being defined or choose to walk another path are never known as team players. The powers that be know how to work the strings and get everyone dancing a waltz.

6) Propaganda is always at work and it appears that all sides weave their own wicked web of lies. It was American propaganda that got women to smoke cigarettes and got women out of the house not to be fair but to double the amount of governmental and commercial revenue. Edward Bernays created Public Relations as a way to stimulate the consumer marketplace. Our minds are conditioned to respond in particular ways as consumers and Americans.

Z) Since the government chose sides in this matter long ago the citizens here are now also choosing sides. I decided that bombing the Palestinians who are penned in like a clutch of chickens with DU and US smart bombs is taking things too far. I decided that the British had no true rite to give that land to the Jewish settlers who came by the 100s of 1000s. I don't see it as religion I just see that the indigenous population is being squeezed and extincted. I see their adoption of Humas as their last hope.

You may not see it that way but regardless this will not be good for the USA but as long as we keep getting the OIL oiliswell~ Israel is one of our foot holds to keep the pressure turned up in the area and the IDF is surely baiting the Iranians with this offensive. I was sick of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan and things are not going well there either!

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

This is true. Israel does not kill for their God. Maybe they are killing for another God and don't realize. Why did the world think this would be a good idea? Guilt apparently causes extreme stupidity. Or there are a minority of psychopaths who have ruled and fueled our existence since man first put pen to paper and pondered the mysteries of life.

There's no mystery here. We create our own reality through the spirit or energy which is truly our driving force. We are more intelligent than we are letting on and if we continue to let the PTB control our destiny, we can pretty much go by the ancient script they seem to be following in these times.

Man-made religion...at best, probably only half right. There is an energy. Focus on the positive aspect and manipulate it toward the truth of our own existence. Evolve past our animalistic tendencies and recognize that we are all related. We are connected and forever will be. It doesn't matter if you consider yourself Jewish, Palestinian, Alien or Atlantean...we ain't no different and every blessed one of us can trace to common ancestors going back a mere couple thousand years.

Most Recent Common Ancestor

Human Family Tree: Shallow Roots

There is no such thing as elite bloodlines.

The joke is on anyone who believes otherwise and looks down on another because of this mistaken belief that there is a divine line.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Kat77]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
We are a very destructive species.

I can only hope that we change our ways or someday be wiped out due to our pathetic ways of living.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here's just my opinion...

I think there's good reason to think that in the past ten years a significant enough percentage of people have "opted out" of the standard commercial model. It had the subtle effect on the credit industry in that to attract new customers, such devices as adjustable rate mortgages were employed to replace the anticipated future decline in revenues.

No need to gnash your teeth over things you cannot control. No grass roots or political movement is necessary. Just a few simple things.

Buy local. Avoid processed and fast foods. Save fiat currency and buy your way out of the system with physical wealth purchased without credit. Take steps to protect your assets from all possible anticipated threats. Be kind to your neighbors and make yourself available to help them... especially if it means you have to go out of your way when they are in need. You don't need to remember name when you see them mowing the lawn or in the hallway of your building to help keep the place where you both live a safe, supportive place.

Most of all... Stop worrying. The rest will take care of itself.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by cogburn]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Just watched religulous. That covers a lot of how you feel. I feel the same way but unfortunately our nation and world hasn't matured enough to care about the bigger picture and what is most important. War makes money and there is a lot of aspects to it. But still simply put, it is ridiculous or, religulous.

Will we be the only species to wipe ourselves out? probably......
And we are suppose to be the smart species? OK........
Over 40,000 religions in the world and everyone really thinks theirs is the right one? Now that's ignorance.....
Maybe one day mankind will be able to take a more realistic and important perspective. Maybe one of some tolerance. I unfortunately don't think that will happen until the peak of our destruction brought on by our frivolous disputes.
It is pitiful and we are the epitome of ignorance or sheer stupidity. Yes WE!
Those who don't stand against the crap are a part of it. There are shades of gray but with how our world is now, gray is quickly fading into black......

What happened to agree to disagree?
Why is there enough religion to incite war but not instill tolerance?
I'm sure all of you think its more than that and it is but all the rest should be put on hold until we focus on whats important. Simply put, agreed with the OP.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I've been staring at this thread for more than an hour now....

I agree on your point that war has to end, right here, right now.
But i see no reason to be ashamed on ATS members, cause many of them have been posting and sharing info and opinions in an objective way.

These discussions, how good or bad they tend to be, offer us a chance to give us a better view on the situation.
Guess we are all very capable of recognising the 'useless' posts and very well 'ignore' them.

But as you say the motto at ATS is 'Deny Ignorance', then i would disagree and say 'Teach the ignorant' in a way that maybe some of those terrible events never happen again......

Choose humanity over religion, choose reason over the hart.....
If we silence these discussions, people will die and remain unremembered, but still they will die.

If we can convince more people on the pure stupidity of war, we have a chance of stopping it faster, maybe even prevent it.
And yes i agree, looking at some of the posts made, there is still lots of work to be done.
But if we give up trying, who will ?

This is my personal view, after reading through this thread, and not ment in any way to offend anyone.
Just a desperate call towards good and constructive people, not to give up and open the eyes of the many blinded by power, religion and race.

Greetz

Emipie

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join