It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of the war! And I'm ashamed of my fellow ATS members.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

That conflict obviously is a conflict that reaches the entire world
It affects ALL of us in one way or another

I just hope and pray that this will end quickly for the childrens sake!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more Slayer, kudos to you for bringing this up, unfortunately though, it is just another outlet for people to try and shove their point of view down our throats.

It's a shame all this passion and feeling that's being shown can't be used for something positive and constructive, instead of hurling obscenities at one another.

link   
I agree with the OP.

But looking on the bright side some people (even in this thread ) have shown their true colours, with all their personal attacks and threats.

link   

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Clearly this whole ordeal in Gaza has a far reach making many turn against each other, in effect creating little wars all over the place.

This is what really gets under my skin some members act or sound all cool and composed on other topics and over the years before I joined ATS gained my respect then Bam out the window that respect went when the war started.

I was shocked at some of the religious, racial, or Ideological crap they were spewing!

It turned my stomach.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti - Government
I wholeheartedly agree with this thread im soo sick of war i really am but the sad truth is i will probably have to deal with it alot in the future and so will millions of people.

I agree.

What the hell is the point for human existence? What are we here for?

Are we really a parasite that has taken over this planet and will use it up and kill it and each other in the process?

what good is our memory if when somebody tweaks our nose we automatically want to blow em up?

when do we finally get over that knee jerk response?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

From time to time, we've injected policies that make an effort to control over-the-top contributions from members who are passionately charged on various topics (the 9/11 forum for example). We may need to take some type of similar action in this regard... especially if it seems this turns into a longer-term point of discussion.

Rarely will passionate opinions of religion and race be solved through online discussion.

I hope so because this whole mess is making the ATS experience one big passion filled nightmare.

Sometimes I would like to reach through my monitor and grab the other guy and pull his head against their monitor in an attempt to knock some sense into them.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

But when I feel that I may be angered by a particular thread I just skip it over and move to happier pastures and topics.

I've tried that to. But it always seems that somebody on another topic/thread will take it as an opportunity to get a jab in on one side or another it seems to bleed into other threads and topics just take a quick look around!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Star and flag from me too.

I guess there are many people on ats who, just like me, chose to stay out of this, seeing how ugly things can get. But don't worry, we are here, praying that it will be over soon and no more lives of innocents caught in this horrible conflict will be lost.

There is still hope for ats and the world!
Thanks for making this thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

I agree with you and the others that can see both sides as I think that is paramount before attempting to discuss any topic as without an attempt at a neutral viewpoint it will only lead to more of the same bashings.

I feel it wouldn't be so bad if people such as on this thread wouldn't take it as an opportunity to get little jabs in here and there when they know full well that it will inflame somebody its just like having two two children in the back seat on a long road trip and all you hear over and over again is

Will you stop touching me!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Lately ats has been a place I have avoided because of all this garbage.

I know I enjoy ATS and love spirited debates with facts and well thought out arguments but when it's just a tit for tat meaningless argument then it ruins the whole ATS experience!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by RFBurns
Clearly this whole ordeal in Gaza has a far reach making many turn against each other, in effect creating little wars all over the place.

This is what really gets under my skin some members act or sound all cool and composed on other topics and over the years before I joined ATS gained my respect then Bam out the window that respect went when the war started.

I was shocked at some of the religious, racial, or Ideological crap they were spewing!

It turned my stomach.

ya but guys, they are actually somewhat innocent (most of them). They are just brainwashed, so i pity them. (both sides)

there are a few guilty ones around , who actually get paid cash $$$ to spread propaganda and disinfo
theres no way to tell who those people are tho, so pointing fingers would be very stupid and foolish

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

This here is a fine example of what I'm talking about read the post that was made...

Cant drop the posturing for just a few minutes

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I know I enjoy ATS and love spirited debates with facts and well thought out arguments but when it's just a tit for tat meaningless argument then it ruins the whole ATS experience!

It's like a pecking order,

and I find if I state were I stand and it gets heated, it will follow me around the forum

[edit on 113131p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

As long as I have been in ATS I have experienced more than you can imagine, I have been followed one thread to the other by pesky members that wants to keep the debate going outside the threads.

It gets so hilarious some times that I just have to laugh.

I love when some tell you that they already know you and know about you by the way you post and the one that got me the last time was that I was going to be turned to the FBI because my post on political issues.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Dont let their ignorance ruin your expierance.
There is a Reason you, and all of us in this thread are here.

Its up to US to bring some sense and logic to the table. Because no one else is going to do it.

most people may not believe it, but i definately believe it!

We at ATS are the Shepards of the flock, and it is up to us to save them from the wolves. Metaphorically speaking.

Many may not accept such responsibility but I do, for I am my brothers keeper. And I do not tolerate injustice. I will speak out.

And so many of you BRILLIANT people here at ATS do the same daily. You have all affected me, because I consider you guys the REAL experts on almost every topic. I have learned so many great critical thinking skills while at ATS.

The current wave of hate and racism going around, is here for a reason.
Its a HUGE OPPURTUNITY for us to unleash our spirit and stand up for justice. If we can get just 1 person to shut up and actually THINK about things for a minute critically, we are a total success.

The goal of ATS is to Enrich humanity with knowledge. So next time you see someone spouting off pure garbage, post. Give them some decent positive thoughts, share with them your gems of knowledge.

It is up to all of us ATSers to fight off this umbrella of ignorance that covers us all. We are truely mankinds last hope.

Stand up, Speak out, and Share your knowledge. The world is depending on it. (Im Serious)

[edit on 5-1-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

It's like a pecking order,

and I find if I state were I stand and it gets heated, it will follow me around the forum

And that's the worst part both sides have done this
If I for example gave a neutral opinion both sides try and twist so that I'm a sympathizer for the opposition and now I feel that I have to defend my stance.

Or they try to convince me of their beliefs.

It's like some cheap car salesman trying to sell me a used car
Which is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I personally will limit or not contribute in those threads. I got slammed the other night for asking why other countries do not take in the Palestinians refugees that have been in refugee camps for many years and give them a shot at a decent life. Of course I was tagged as pro Israeli. The only thing I was trying to say that their life is more important than a piece of land. Countries only remember Palestinians when all hell break loose. guarantee you that if a terrorist incident happens in some major city tomorrow, the Palestinians would be left in the dust. I am on record that as long as Hamas is in power, there will be no peace. I am also on record as saying that there are many forces driving this war. That still doesn't make me pro anything.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Its up to US to bring some sense and logic to the table. Because no one else is going to do it.

I agree. Maybe more people should contribute their sense and logic to the following thread

Solutions for israel and Hamas??

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree. Maybe more people should contribute their sense and logic to the following thread

Solutions for israel and Hamas??

thank you Jam

Ill go try to contribute there as well. I would hope all of you come help

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join