It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of the war! And I'm ashamed of my fellow ATS members.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'm sick of the war!

And I'm ashamed of my fellow ATS members.

Nobody will ever win the argument here at ATS. I've even lost friends here at ATS over this. This is so serious that a flaming smiley just wont do.

It's gotten so ridiculous that if someone farts in a foxhole over there Bam a new thread!

We even have member threatening lawsuits! Get a grip people. I hate the war becuase I can see both sides and all I see and hear about mostly are children bieng hurt and killed.

[ I don't want to hear who started what!]

I hope this really sinks in and maybe God/Allah/Jesus willing we wont forget and in the future we might think twice about killing somebody over land or difference of skin color or what ever fat old Generals get drunk over and want young people to die for.

I am a member of the human race and if there are Aliens or Ghosts or a Great Spirit how do I explain this nightmare?

Huh?

WELL?

I'm talking to you!

yeah YOU!

My only excuse would be that me and my fellow human beings are
Pathetic!

The motto here at ATS is
Deny Ignorance
not promote it!

This is one Americans observation
Good day!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I hate all of this too because it can affect relationships on ATS and off of ATS. Its the most touchy subject I have ever encountered in my 30+ years of life

"They" say to never talk of politics and religion among friends, family, coworkers. Well, those topics I can easily talk about with anyone. However the Israel/Gaza conflict is the one topic I try and never touch - with anyone im close to. I refuse to allow THAT conflict to cause conflict in the relationships I have with friends and family.

That conflict obviously is a conflict that reaches the entire world
It affects ALL of us in one way or another

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The thing is to not let any of it get to you so much. Clearly this whole ordeal in Gaza has a far reach making many turn against each other, in effect creating little wars all over the place.

Try to remain neutral. Have sorrow for the innocents on both sides taking the brunt of this stupid conflict. But dont allow yourself to become a target, emotionally or a target of someone's one sided opinion.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 5-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree with this thread im soo sick of war i really am but the sad truth is i will probably have to deal with it alot in the future and so will millions of people.

Although i cant really see (as much as i will hope for) that people will stop making war threads and blaming Hamas or blaming Israel for what they did or for who started what and so on

S & F great idea (and message) for a thread

link   
Yes like I always say hatred breeds hatred. This is what war does.

The only thing we can do is never let it get to us in a negative way, keep acting positive, treat people with love, set an example for future generations, because we don't want this hatred to spread to them, making humanity a never ending circle of hatred and war.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You know after reading your passionate thread I could only think of the millions of unborn children the world slaughters at the alter of choice called abortion every year, that's another subject that inflames sides like few others. I'll say it again "people suck" that sums it up!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I agree with both of you. We pick and chose sides and we stick to them and argue to no end just for the sake of the argument

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
We are, and always will be, a free-flowing (within the T&C) environment for discussing issues our members feel are vitally important and/or interesting. From time to time, highly energized issues for which many members feel passion become highly visible due to current events in the news... or developments within the general "conspiracy theory" culture.

Unfortunately, "highly energized" comes nowhere close to describing the multitude of facets (both historic and contemporary) that involve this most recent conflict in the middle east. In reality, of the type of people who would frequent AboveTopSecret.com both to read and to post, those without a highly-passionate opinion on the subject will be rare. The conflict combines all the best-and-worst of conspiracies, religion, race, and imperialism... a perfect-storm of millions of different emotional points-of-view.

From time to time, we've injected policies that make an effort to control over-the-top contributions from members who are passionately charged on various topics (the 9/11 forum for example). We may need to take some type of similar action in this regard... especially if it seems this turns into a longer-term point of discussion.

Certainly no wars can be won through online discussion.

Rarely will passionate opinions of religion and race be solved through online discussion.

But discussion is better than no discussion as the astute can learn volumes even from the most self-centered and biased contributions. We need to do our best to keep each other engaged in productive discussions so that we and others may learn from our contributions. For most of us, it's all we can do... but then, gaining new learning from each other is no small thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't worry at all, I have seen worst in the boards through the years but is comes in waves.

People tend to feel offended and targeted by post and threads, but one thing I have learn in my years and my experience in ATS, is to post as I see fit and stand by my opinions, links and facts.

But when I feel that I may be angered by a particular thread I just skip it over and move to happier pastures and topics.

People take too much at hart the opinions of others and that is why our world is so full of hate and we as people fail to get along with each other.

I will never post to please anybody else opinions and I will never change my point of view if I feel is right and truth supported by facts.

But I also know when I am wrong and I expressed as fast as I can and apologies will follow.

We need to lean to get along with each other.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
I agree with both of you. We pick and chose sides and we stick to them and argue to no end just for the sake of the argument

That's why I don't like picking sides. We have to remember everyone is an individual, not one person is really a group, a country, a religion. Everyone has their own opinions, views, everyone is responsible for their own actions, not their children, country, friends etc.

Nothing is as black and white as we like to think, which is why picking a side will never work.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I am actually surprised by this topic being so huge all of a sudden.

Ive been reading about it for years and there was never such a steamrolling thread bashing manic drive to go berserk at each other on ATS. I personally blame the media agenda but I am in no way saying that this is the case just my view which I know some might not agree with.

I agree with you and the others that can see both sides as I think that is paramount before attempting to discuss any topic as without an attempt at a neutral viewpoint it will only lead to more of the same bashings.

Good to see a peacemaker.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Great point! I made the mistake of casually mentioning the recent Gaza conflict during a New Years Eve Party. Oops!! My wife quickly diverted the conversation to avoid a major debate/argument with a friend who happened to side the the Palestinians. It was a close call.

Perhaps my judgment was foggy due to a couple of glasses of really smooth scotch.
Thanks to my wing man (wifey) for averting disaster.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Star and flag from me
I have been avoiding all this crap because of all the mud slinging and hatred and idiocy that people are posting.
I am sick of hearing peoples hateful opinions and wish these ridiculous posts stop soon.
Lately ats has been a place I have avoided because of all this garbage.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The problem is simple to put into words though. It is about Ignorance and Hatred.

The Israelis do NOT kill for their God nor do they kill all Arabs ask any Jordanian or Egyptian if Israel will live in peace with arabs?

Then lets look at the Palestinians shall we? No state because they refused since 47, they do this because no state means no official group to hold responsible, same thing with Al Queada and the world right now, we can not attack a NATION over the Al Qeuada hence no real Nation enemy...

Palestinians do say to wipe Israel off the map, palestinians still have no map with Israel on it and they have lots of support in the Jew Haters, I say that because I can not believe for one minute if the Palestinians were bombing say Canada or America or France or Australia that anyone in the world wold say the pals are right as they do when its Israel. Jew Haters side with anyone including terrorists which has been shown and proven as fact over this very conflict.

You can hate both sides or none all you want, but tell me one nation that palestine could ROCKET the civilians of that the world wouldn't say get them for their actions besides Israel?

This is not about right or wrong, it is not even about pals or terrorist palestine, this is about the age old hatred of Jews. This is clearly another attempt at the anti-semites to try to rid the world of Jewry. And although I know they will continue to try til the BIG JEW Jesus Christ returns and stops it all. The problem is so many of these people claim Christ while hating the Jews, your Savior is and was a JEW...

I will make one more statement, The day that palestinians want peace they will get rid of the terror groups leading them and they will GET PEACE THEN and not one day sooner. When Palestinians want their children to live in peace they will remove terrorists and their children WILL LIVE IN PEACE...

All one must do to see the truth here is see how and what Israel did with Jordan and Egypt after their wars, did Israel say screw you and continue the war or did Israel give land for peace and then honor that agreement?

Israel offered that same deal, land for peace, to palestine but every time they are met with rockets and turning down of the peace plan, so only the Jew Hater could see Israel as the problem here and it makes the Jew Haters look stupid when they say such things as Mason Watcher has spewed on here.

Fair is Fair and Right is Right and no one that doesn't hate Jews outright can see palestinian bombing of Israeli towns as anything but a terrorist act and an act that Israel must counter...

[edit on 1/5/2009 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Wow slayer, awesome thread !!! S+F

I am also an American and I agree 100% with your assement of the situation.

And look, we got an all star line up of posters here in this thread. Even S.O. showed up!

Man slayer, your thread is Epic Pwn!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Lately ats has been a place I have avoided because of all this garbage.

Actually this issue (as much as I despise it) has got me very involved lately around here.

I guess I feel the need to point out how foolish it all is, in hopes that someone may see the light.

Its more than a need, I think its my duty lol

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
theindependentjournal, is not peace and will never be peace because while Israel was given its status as a nation, at the same time Palestine was promised the same, Palestine was rob of that right while Israel was given that right.

If you don't understand that then you historical facts about the Israel and the Palestinian conflict is lacking.

Anyway this issue has been extensively discussed in this boards so is plenty of links to old threads on the subject.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Well said slayer, if people continue fighting over imaginary lines in the sand, things will never get better. Pointing the finger and placing blame will only compound the problem.

Both of these groups need to grow up and find a diplomatic solution to they're destructive ways.

P.S > I'm pretty dissapointed in the human race as a whole at the moment as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

What’s really sad is that nobody stops and to think that they could be wrong and they go around pounding their chest as if they know what’s it like over there. I got roasted on another thread because I gave my honest opinion of a video and was accused of being a Hamas supporter, when I’m not.

I called it like I saw it.

There is no way of knowing what the truth really is and we will never know. Ten or twenty years down the road people will still come to blows over this situation thinking they know the real truth.

You want the truth?
the truth is

We are treated like mushrooms Kept in the dark and fed crap.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So why does the USA give billions to Israel every year?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join