It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questions about 2012 and the galactic alignment.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hello folks.. Are you all talking about the alignment of Ophiuchus - 13th zodiac a.k.a. the Serpent Man? Within the zodiac there is Class 1A Supernova potential - could be interesting.. In re to 2012 I dont think anyone can say for sure until the day comes and goes.. An interesting research project might be to investigate the time period of the last Myan Calendar end - approx 13,000 years ago; did anything happen that was unusual?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Hi Nixie_nox

I think I will believe in the EXPERTS on this subject.

We "ALL" know who the EXPERTS are.

The are the "MAYANS".

[edit on 22-3-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So sorry - I guess the Myan calendar did not end 13,000 years ago and the date is still being disputed but here is an interesting article on the historical facts/ideas.. www.13moon.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
People claim that an alignment will occur when the sun rises above the horizon on December 21 2012, at which point the sun will rise in the middle of the Milky Way Galaxy, thus causing an alignment between the earth, sun, and the galactic center. It is claimed that this event will cause numerous changes on Earth. However, the event is only a visual phenomenon from the earth's perspective, which is caused by the precession of the equinoxes or the 26,000 year wobble of the earth. All this does is change are view but not the actual position of the earth in relation to the galaxy. In short, there is no gravitational force or radiation to be expected from this event because other than the tilt of the earth, nothing will be any different from what occurs in any other solstice.

There are also claims such as those of Michael Tsarion that an actual physical alignment of our entire solar system will occur with the horizontal plane of the Milky Way Galaxy on that day. The solar system is moving around the center of the galaxy every 225 million years or so, and while doing so is moving up and down in a cycle crossing the plane every 33 million years. According to the Journal Nature, however, there is evidence of the solar system crossing the galactic plane 3 million years ago. This would mean that we are moving away from the galactic plane, not toward it, and we will not be due to cross it for another 30 million years.

The alignment will not have any physical effects on the earth at all. As far as the galaxy is concerned we are a speck. with insufficient mass for the galaxy to even move us.

Hope that helps.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join