It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is A God!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I personally don't believe there is a fire. The concept of a permanent hell became popular centuries after the Christianity began, I can't remember which "saint" championed this.

I believe in evolution of the soul, and the redemption, growth and enlightenment of all beings, though, standing still in a lower dimension for any length of time is not an enviable position, so we do have a responsibility to chose positive sane growth. As I was led to Christianity as a pre-teen, and have experienced providence, or the sychronicity Max Igan speaks of, I have now come to the conclusion I would be a gnostic christian, and whether or not I consider Jesus an et, or Immanuel isn't as important as the message of service to others, and goodness therein. So, I place this in my Creator/God/Multiverse's hands and allow Her to guide me to the truth.

This is quite a nice thread adding the dimension of spirituality I believe in to this one: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The compartmentalization of the religions, as well as the separation of physics with the spiritual, all lead to the unwarranted control the cartel wields over us, as they shape this paradigm through our emotions and thoughts. Mind is truly the expression of creation, but more importantly, our emotions and the feelings we express with our intents shape this. Unfortunately, our world is designed to cripple us and keep us traumatized on every level.

We need to rewrite the ending to the play that is currently being thrust upon us, and that all the nations are playing their pre-assigned roles in. Lets join together, with our personal Spirituality as each sees it, seeking the responsibility of changing the play with our emotive minds, our thoughts, our vivid imagery, and our good will.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by mystiq]

[edit on 8-1-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Karl:

Hello to you! I have a question for ya.........you always seem to have a LOT of wonderful quotes, some against Christianity or the belief in a Creator and some are just good quotes.

Why do you always use quotes for your answers? I would like your answer to what spy66 said about funerals. How unbelievers want their loved ones buried with a religious ceremony and in a church. If they really do not believe in God, why go to all that expense to tell a loved one "good-bye" if you don't believe you will see them again?

Just wandering. Thanks!

Grandma

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by karl 12

Karl:
Hello to you! I have a question for ya.........you always seem to have a LOT of wonderful quotes, some against Christianity or the belief in a Creator and some are just good quotes.

Hey Grandma good question,if you read the second post in the thread you'll see I was just responding to the OP's use of
"things written down by men" as not being proof of anything (I am a bit of a quote-monkey though).

How unbelievers want their loved ones buried with a religious ceremony and in a church.

Well I can't speak for anyone else but I know theres now a growing demand for non religious funerals.
I think many people respect spirituality but just find the organised religion angle distasteful -especialy when priests are attempting to proselytise about cult doctrine whilst others pay their respects to dead loved ones.

Hopefully in the future all funerals will just evolve into spiritual events,noone will have to endure being preached to when in a vulnerable state and no particular sect will have dominion over the proceedings.

If they really do not believe in God, why go to all that expense to tell a loved one "good-bye" if you don't believe you will see them again?

You'll have to ask them.
I can only speak for myself but I think the only honest answer is noone knows anything for sure.
There have been thousands upon thousands of gods worshipped by humanity down the years - I suspect they're all man made but a good question would be why 'you' don't beleive in the afterlife of any of 'them'?

I suppose the universe is such an immensely huge and truly bizarre place absolutely anything could be possible but I have a very hard time believing (or even respecting) organised religion as it has had such a
divisive,progress impeding,bigoted,bloodthirsty effect on humanity.
Maybe the instigator of the American constitution John Adams was right when he said

‘this would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it.’”

Cheers Karl

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonelypoet

Wow you realy ranting away - what happened to your cool composure?
Lonely or not ,I hope you don't gibber on like that in public -tolerance is a two way street you know.
I had no problems with your beleifs until you started hysterically claiming proof of god - now your twisting and perverting the laws of thermodynamics -oh dear.
Google 'not in a closed system' and see where you've gone wrong.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Karl 12:

Thanks!

I also agree that I feel that people's funerals should be the way they would like. I don't want some preacher preaching to my family. Hopefully they would already know my heart and where I was planning on living for a while. I think there is way too much money made at the expense on another ones death.

Thank you for your answers. I appreciate your views a lot.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
- Adam & Eve get hungry and start munching on some of the apples that god wanted it all for himself and so he finds out and sends them both to Terra for punishment. ~ Big Nick

Big Nick,

Show me one verse in the Bible where the "forbidden fruit" Adam and Eve Partook of was an "apple," and I will eat every page of my Bible!!!

See, everyone thinks they know the Bible, and they know nothing about it! Plus, does anyone remember that little book published back in the late-eighties or early-nineties titled, "Life's Little Instruction Book?" I hope I am remembering the title right. Anyway, I will never forget one of the quotes from that book which says, "The greatest ignorance is to speak against that which you know nothing about!" How true!

Most people who argue against the Bible have not one clue as to what is in it! That is called, "Great Ignorance!"

~ Lonelypoet

reply to post by bignick

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
God is a "HE" in gender, and, the Bible is full of verses which speak of "FIRE!" God "Himself" is a "consuming fire!" (Hebrews 12:29)

And, Hell is a Lake of Fire! (Revelation 20:15)

Whether if you believe in fire or not, that is what it says. To believe anything else is to go against "that which is written."

~ Lonelypoet

reply to post by mystiq

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have to completely disagree with you there, the energy that is God is the multiverse, its male/female or rather genderless but expresses itself in genders. And I often use the female term for this, as we see far too much male energy dominating the scenes most of the time and are in sole need of the female, cooperative, sharing energy to blend in equally in order for true civilization to emerge on this planet.

When I was going through a rough stage I used to have affirmations and even just memorable quotes on my fridge. One of them included the use of the word "She". I was amazed that my oldest boy was reading them one day, so I kind of explained them, thinking he would think this was silly, and said of course he could substitute, the masculine term. He said, he didn't have to do that. He already knew that God was both male and female, or rather beyond both expressions, and could exchange these words easily. He's the one that got all his science courses in the 90s through senior year and his first year of college.

So, its whatever you feel comfortable with. God loves us so much, She doesn't care if we call Her the great pumpkin. She does care that we're in service to others, not just self.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
In "every" instance in the Bible, God is referred to as a "HE," a "MALE" in gender. And, in "every" instance in the Bible an angel is "always" a "MALE." Show we "one" female angel in the Bible, and I will eat it page by page!

In one of the epistles to Timothy, it says, "Adam was first formed, and then Eve...", so Man, has always been first. God the father is a man, because father's are always men, and Jesus was a man(God the son), and the Holy Spirit was "Male Gender," so accept it!!!

The "Gloria Steinhem," women's lib movement cannot stand for God to be man, or male! Accept it, just the way that it is, and if you say different, then "YOU ARE WRONG!" READ THE BIBLE!

~ Lonelypoet

reply to post by mystiq

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yeah it is really unfair to classify God as a man or woman. God can encompass both. He has no direct need to be either. I see as God as a sexless being. I only use he as it is the norm. Actually God is like a consuming fire. The only explanation that man can put on God is that he is like fire because in the scripture his presence is always with a wonderful bright light that no man can look directly at it.

Yes the bible talks a lot about fire. It also talks a lot about love and forgiveness. It also talks about those who don’t believe and that some will never believe. Yes, by the scriptures it is a job of ours to spread the word, but you got to remember God doesn’t force himself on no one. Man is the won that forces it down other peoples throat.

I get tired of people laughing at God and the concept of eternal life through a Savior too. But All I can do is plant the seed and it is up to the other to nourish the seed or let it die. It is the believers that bash back just as hard at the non believers that gives Christianity a bad name. Remember we have free will to believe what we will, and it is not for us to criticize those who choose not to believe as we do.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ant4U, The "Bible" is the word of God, and it is "THE AUTHORITY," so if you speak against the BIBLE, then you speak against GOD! You are doomed to HELL, I know, because I preached it full-time for 7 years. I know, Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, and I have never been so appalled by the ignorance of the Bible on this site in all of my life!

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions!"

~ Lonelypoet

reply to post by Ant4AU

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonelypoet

I sir can assure you that I am not going to hell because our interpretations of the good book differ. Apparently you wasn’t taking care of your flock as you should have been otherwise you would still be preaching. For what ever reason if it was a decision you preyed over and you decided it was his will for you to quit you must of not been doing something right.

The bible as true of word that it is was still written by the hand of man. You said it yourself God created Adam first. So that put man in a higher place than woman. You know Hebrew so you should know that Lilith was created at the same time as Adam and that would mean they were created equal. At least that is the belief.

As you were preaching the word then you should no better than anyone else that it is the meanings behind the scriptures that are important. Not just the words. The Jews at the time would have never consented to God being anything else but man because woman were below them and not equal.

And besides that you can save me a seat in hell because of you being so judgmental. You have know right to judge anyone. Apparently you need to reread your scripture. This is the reason Christianity is frowned upon because two believers are arguing over God. And I have not once spoke against the bible.

You know that the bible is to be interpreted by the readers. What you believe to be the message of the bible is the result of you praying, Asking God for the knowledge to understand the bible. I think that all Christians do this, so is God telling everybody something different. No you are still human above everything else. You still live in the world of the flesh. You will still use your own motives for your interpretation of the bible.

You could be setting a lot of people against God in your comments here. It doesn’t bother me because you being one that was chosen to serve God in the ministry will be judged more harshly for turning people from God.

Now I am through arguing with you about this it is obvious that we have taken our interpretations differently and we will not come to agreement.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonelypoet
God is a "HE" in gender, and, the Bible is full of verses which speak of "FIRE!" God "Himself" is a "consuming fire!" (Hebrews 12:29)

I think if you have the intellectual honesty to not misrepresent conjecture,speculation,heresay and rumour as 'factual in context'
then you will concede that noone knows 'for sure' whether god is a he ,a she,an it or a they (or even if he/she/it/they exists at all).

And, Hell is a Lake of Fire! (Revelation 20:15)

Hell could have been a rubbish tip:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

To believe anything else is to go against "that which is written."

There are similar warnings about the inherent dangers of not just unquestioningly conforming to groupthink and mindlessly beleiving what you are told from others or see written down in books.

For any church to 'threaten and intimidate with imaginary punishments' anyone who attempts (or dares ) to use their critical,rational,reasoning faculty of their brain is the height of insecurity.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Lonely Poet I will apologize for the comment about your flock. I may of went to far with that one. I am just trying to say that your interpretation of the Bible is not the one set truth. It irks me people believe that. I don’t assume that what I have come to understand is the complete truth because I know it is not 100%. It is only my interpretation and mine alone.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join