It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is A God!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

indeed He does give free beer!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You hit it on the head in one of your Posts, they can not have a God control their behavior because their behavior is against God Word and they prefer their earthly lives to anything heavenly...

But I know where they come from, because it is where I came from before God changed me...

I pray for hem all but that is all we can do for them, remember wide is the path of destruction and narrow and few are they that come to the Glory of God...

Let me guess everybody who beleives as you do and unquestioningly accepts the doctrine of you specific religious group/sect/cult has got it right ...and everybody else in the history of the world has got it wrong.

You get righteously affronted when people question your opinions.. yet feel its OK to admonish everybody elses as false.

Interesting pattern emerging.

ARGUMENT FROM RESPECT
(1) You have to respect my right to believe that God exists.
(2) You also have to respect my right to believe that I don't have to respect your right to believe that God doesn't exist.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

More here:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Apt Quotes:

Religions are like farts. Yours is good, but everyone else's stinks. ~Picket Fences

People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them. ~Dave Barry

As for praying for people:

But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ~Mark Twain

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonelypoet
The reason there are atheists, is because they are rebels, they don't want to answer to a God, just like rebellious children who refuse to adhere to their parent's rules. Atheists are God's rebellious creation who will one day "reap what they have sown."

lol... We are naturally atheists when we are born, as a baby does not believe in any god. We are MADE to believe in a god based on the society we live in.
If I do indeed have to "reap what I have sown", then I will be reaping logic and reason over dogma.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonelypoet
Man, when left to his own devices, would never invent a God who places restrictions and disciplines upon him. Therefore, why the restrictions and disciplines? It is because there is a "Heavenly Father."

This argument makes no logical sense. Religions are invented to place restrictions and disciplines upon people so that they can be controlled. If there is a God (and I believe there is) he/she/it created us as free people with all the wants, desires and foibles we have. God didn't create religion, Man did.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bignick

That is because it is illogical to believe in God for you. So therefore who ever believes in him must not be a logical person.

And Karl, languages evolve throughout time. Meanings of words have change through out history. So logically text from that time can not just be straight forward dictated from and make since in modern times.

Religion supports the people that follow it. It is a helping hand for them to make it through their day to day lives. A belief in God doesn’t make science untrue, and it doesn’t make believers illogical ignorant people.

Science can only go so far in explaining the beginning and any thing else. Science has never disproved the existance of God and I don’t believe it ever will. Just as I believe it will never prove God exist either. Because if science could prove, without a shadow of doubt, that God exist then there would be no reason for God.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

logic and reason is dogma. everything you try to express is based on your logic and reason. you have a reason and a logic for believing what you do. this is true for everyone

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

When i look at religions i dont care for the different believes cults or sects. They can have what ever they want for all i care. Whats important for me is what I think. Whats important to me is what i understand from what i am reading and doing on my own. I want to make up my own mind. I dont want somebody else to make up my mind for me.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
logic and reason is dogma. everything you try to express is based on your logic and reason. you have a reason and a logic for believing what you do. this is true for everyone

Using your own logic and reason to look at the facts is very different than simply accepting what your preacher says.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lonelypoet

Well that was just an absolutely splendid post. I read the title "There is a God" and thought, ok, what sort of trick is this going to be, and surprise, it was just the plain and simple truth. Nice.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Actually, the meanings didn't change, just simple translation error seems to be the issue at hand. That, and the resultant theoretical frameworks that rise up to assist in understanding it for new readers. You can still follow the etymological trail, it just takes honest work.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by undo]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And i'm pretty sure you guys all believe in god based on faith, right?

It's funny how christians are appalled at people who don't believe in something that they cannot, taste, touch, see, hear, or smell.

"god" gave us all these senses, and yet he's not nice enough to show us he exists through even one of them.

Oh and please read the story of Job. That sounds more like something a man would do to another man, not something god would do to his own humble servant.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

but you accept what the preacher says when you have reasoned out the logic for believing it. same as accepting what the science professor says, based on the logic for believing him. there's no gray area here. it's all the same gigantic noodle

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

oh there's evidence for the biblical jehovah, for example, in texts that predate the physical writing of the biblical texts.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Yes but not quite right.

Logic is not just what you have in your mind, but it is also about have it got there. Logic is thought you right of the bat form when your borne. Your parents teach you some,brothers and sister and friends some more. Then the environment or system which you dwell in give the a big dose.

In other words logic also is determined by what system and roles you are born into. Logic is also looked upon as a law. You personal logic is have you differ what has been thought you from the system you have been borne into. Many people cant tell the difference. Or they are just plain lazy and dont care.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Touché Undu Touché.
In the end one should do their own individual study on what ever supreme being they choose fit to follow. Whether it be science or God. But we should all learn especially, die hard fundamental Christians, to tolerate if you can not respect others beliefs.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Except for the fact that religion is not based on logic but on faith.
Faith is not logical as it fails to take into account any of our five senses and instead asks us to ignore facts to believe in fiction.
I don't know about you, but I haven't seen many Christians who believe in God based on logic - it's always about faith. Just take the author of this thread - providing no logical explanation, simply quotes from others.
Believing in others without investigating the logic or reason is dogma.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

in other words, it's all the same gigantic noodle.

we're all taught. we all respond to our environment.
we all choose what to currently believe, even if we believe
in nothing, it's a choice and the result of our logic and reasoning
in action.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

this is only partially true. and there's the rub.
for example, i can prove, using texts that predate the bible, and with the assist of archaeology, that there was indeed a jehovah. i can prove using archaeology and artifacts, that there was indeed a shinar, a babylon, a babel, a nimrod, and so on.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yeah there's evidence in texts written by MAN.

You can't call that evidence. Just a book written by man.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

how do you know the priests of sumer were homo sapians? i have evidence to the contrary.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join