It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents charged after baby swallows dangerous drug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Parents charged after baby swallows dangerous drug

www.abc.net.au

Police in far north Queensland have charged the parents of a two-and-a-half-month-old baby girl with grievous bodily harm after their child was taken to Cairns hospital in a critical condition.

Police say the couple from Victoria have been on holidays in far north Queensland, and their child was rushed to hospital after swallowing a dangerous drug yesterday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I am sorry, but what the hell is wrong with people?!?!
In the original report the parent claimed that the baby "accidentally" swallowed "a pill"

It turns out that they (allegedly) gave the baby an extacy tablet.

All they are charged with is grievous bodily harm and possession of a dangerous drug. I am thinking attempted murder is more fitting here.

Who carries a baby for nine months only to do something like this 2 months later?!?!?

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
jeebus,poor kid

I hope that it has no long lasting effects on the little nipper. We don't yet know the full extent of damage xtc can do to an adult,fully formed brain. So who knows what it could do to a babies brain. What horrid parents,I can't even begin to imagine the thought process that ended up with giving a baby party drugs. It's just sick.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is the second story I've seen today in regards to blatant cruelty to children. Unbelievable what some parents are capable of. Sick! I hope they get what's coming to them. I have no pity for them.

Rush

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Who carries a baby for nine months only to do something like this 2 months later?!?!?

I am guessing people that never planned, or wanted, or knew how to deal with a baby, they just let nature take its course and popped one out. When the 2 month old would not stop crying they thought xstacy might make it stop.

Hey some parents will beat a baby to death if it becomes too annoying, that happens a few times a year here in Atlanta.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yeah people like that need to be put away for good. So many children get beat, killed and drugged because the parents didn't know how to have safe sex. When a baby cries you go to the baby, you hug and hold the baby, you see if the baby will eat or you rock the baby to sleep but by no circumstances should you ever hurt one for wanting to be loved and cared for. Yep! These kind of irresponsible parents should be put away for good and never allowed to have another child. :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Women choose to murder their children every day.

As horrible as this is, it should hardly come as a surprise.

new topics

top topics

join