It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the IDF use WP, shown live yesterday morning MSNBC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Now of course I have no way of knowing which is why I posted here.

I swear though yesterday morning I'm watching either MSNBC or CNN but there showing a live feed and it is night time over the city. There are these what appear to be either exploding or being launched from a chopper, they are bursts of multiple bright white flare like balls of fire producing a lot of smoke and being shot horizontally while falling to the ground. After a few times of this you can start to see that the entire area is engulfed in smoke.

From videos I have viewed of WP being used it seems to match exactly. I wondered if anyone might know if this was WP being used or if it was some other type of weapon.

From what I understand wouldn't WP be just about the worst thing you could use inside of a large city with high density of people there?

Have done some searching and it appears there are reports of it being used that night but the IDF is denying it. I wonder though if they realize it was caught on a live feed to everyone in the states yesterday.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

White Phosphorus (WP) White Phosphorus (WP), known as Willy Pete, is used for signaling, screening, and incendiary purposes. White Phosphorus can be used to destroy the enemy's equipment or to limit his vision. It is used against vehicles, petroleum, oils and lubricants (POL) and ammunition storage areas, and enemy observers. WP can be used as an aid in target location and navigation. It is usually dispersed by explosive munitions. It can be fired with fuze time to obtain an airburst. White phosphorus was used most often during World War II in military formulations for smoke screens, marker shells, incendiaries, hand grenades, smoke markers, colored flares, and tracer bullets.

It's not something to worry too much about. WP is generally used to light a battlefield, or to blind the enemy. You are seeing the rounds deployed ABOVE ground which essentially means it's being used to illuminate the battlefield. WP is nasty stuff it it hits a person, but the way it is being used is not irresponsible. If memory serves, it's the same ingrediant used in normal roadside flares. I'm more worried about the bullets than WP at this point.

Edit to add link: Link

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Raustin]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Yes they are using WP, here is the current thread on it

www.abovetopsecret.com... check it out lots of good info

join