It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Technology May Soon "Read" Your Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

How Technology May Soon "Read" Your Mind

www.cbsnews.com

How often have you wondered what your spouse is really thinking? Or your boss? Or the guy sitting across from you on the bus? We all take as a given that we'll never really know for sure. The content of our thoughts is our own - private, secret, and unknowable by anyone else. Until now, that is.

As correspondent Lesley Stahl reports, neuroscience research into how we think and what we're thinking is advancing at a stunning rate, making it possible for the first time in human history to peer directly into the brain to read out the physical make-up of our thoughts, some would say to read our minds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I found this article on mind reading and it is truly amazing. Check out the video as well it goes in detail explaining how this technology works and have been used for experiment and even to convict a woman ofmurdr after reading her thoughts.I believe in a few years privacy will only be a relic of the past

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
when they finely do read minds 3/4 of the population will end up in jail for what they are thinking.

The bible thumpers will be in jail for hate crimes againt the libs.
All the criminals, All the pedos, All the empolyees that have taken things at work.

Congress will be empty because all the politicians will be in jail with the pedos.

All we will have to run government are the brain dead. everyone else in government will be in jail.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Finally! About time someone made a way for me to get my thoughts in order!

Honestly, throughout my life I have sought answer to, "What am I thinking!?" far more often than I have ever wondered about what others are thinking. Then again, I am not a government agent but I would be willing to bet that a little introspection would be good for those types as well.

Jon

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Well its nothing new.. they been doing it for years with drugs lol!!

Look up the MK ultra project "very interesting" but now they understand what it is we are..

Computers!!! just very dumb ones mind you but still its hard for use to make computers as random as people becouse one thing we dont know what to do is understand our own logic.. we can use mathamatics to read 01010101 becouse its only a choice..

You offer a question it knows the outcome "based on imputs" into its own calculation methord.. like AI but abit smarter becouse its trying to read your electro network "how you think" not "why" they will never understand why we think.. becouse we dont

as long as we stay dumb were fine ; ) There was some kinda funny thing when someone said or asked a computer what would end all wars.. the comnputer said get rid of humans LOL

the only thing that scares me is people who think a computer will be smarter than a human HOW? if a human dont even know what it is.. flawed from the start..

just like tec reading your mind "fully"..

good read tho

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

ahh topic close to my heart lol "what am i thinking"..

This sounds like that film with thought police "cant think of the name"

But its all based on maths for me.. and maths is
so is trying to read the thoughts of someone lol "or enterpit them" correctly..

polygraph on steds if you ask me ^^)

new topics

top topics

join