It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former President Bush touts son Jeb for top job

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Former President Bush touts son Jeb for top job

news.yahoo.com

Perhaps so, says former President George H.W. Bush, who has already seen one son, George W., serve in the Oval Office. The nation's 41st president said Sunday that he would like to see a second son, Jeb, be president one day.

Jeb Bush is the current president's younger brother and a former popular governor of Florida. He is mulling a run for Senate seat being vacated by Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Fla.

Asked in a broadcast interview about Jeb Bush's consideration of the Senate seat, Bush 41 said: "I'd like to see him run. I'd like to see him be president someday
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
buzz.yahoo.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Oh great! can't these people ever get the hint? Honest, what will it take for these dolts to realize they're NOT WANTED? Bush legacy anyone? I guess the bigger question here is... do they honestly think they will be winning next time around? After Bush Jr.?

The funny thing about this whole thing (not funny ha ha, but the sad kind of funny), is that I'm actually not surprised at all

Well apparently Bush Sr. thinks the american people will drink the kool aid once more... your thoughts?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Question]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question
your thoughts?

My thoughts? My thoughts are while we are caught up in pointing the finger (or shoe if that is your preference) at the Bush family, the same people who ran the show during those administrations are running the show during the incoming one.

You ask what it will take for them to realize they're not wanted? I ask: What will it take for people to realize that there is no difference between Republican and Democrat? What will it take for people to realize that no matter who you elect - Obama or McCain, Bush or Kerry, Clinton or Dole - they all answer to the same people?

While everyone is concerned with whether or not Jeb Bush will run for President of the United States of America, I and the other awake individuals will be concerned with whether or not there will be free elections to elect him in this time four years from now, and if there will be a United States of America to elect a President for.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
OH JESUS...

That would be like a gonorrhea victim searching for a more virulent strain

I wish we could just pay them off if they promise to not contribute anymore to "national service".

I think sadomasochistic TWO term Bush voters would do it again... Therefore we are boned! Maybe this time they can leave countries with oil alone.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
For a country that fought a revolution againdst feudal dynasticism this is getting a little bit ridiculous don't you think

Bush III????

As if

He'd win the record for shortest term in office before the planet got nuked for sure.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Human greed and vanity is boundless. Look at this old man. Its not enough to be rich, so he goes into politics. Its not enough to be vice-president, so he becomes president. Itts not enough to be President, so he wants his son to run. Its not enough for that son to win -- now he's got to have the OTHER son run. On and on. How old is this man? Wouldn't his final years be better spent coming to terms with his mortality and making peace with himself rather than seeking to pile more booty and plunder on top an already-huge horde?

This is not particularly unique to him, of cousse. Mankind's eternal lust for power is an enedless vortex that makes most humans miserable even as they refuse to fight inwardly against it.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'm sorry but George W. Bush has already tarnished the Bush political legacy beyond repair. For Jeb Bush to win the Republican Presidential nomination let alone the Presidency itself would take an absolute miracle.

Even some type of zany election conspiracy couldn't put another Bush in the Oval Office at this point. That's how much the Bush name is despised at this point.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
No more BUSHES! Please - Please - I BEG YOU - NO more BUSHES!!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Scientists find hole in Earth's magnetic field

Wed Dec 17, 7:07 am ET

news.yahoo.com...

...and then of course there is “Nibiru”

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Originally posted by Question
your thoughts?

My thoughts? My thoughts are while we are caught up in pointing the finger (or shoe if that is your preference) at the Bush family, the same people who ran the show during those administrations are running the show during the incoming one.

You ask what it will take for them to realize they're not wanted? I ask: What will it take for people to realize that there is no difference between Republican and Democrat? What will it take for people to realize that no matter who you elect - Obama or McCain, Bush or Kerry, Clinton or Dole - they all answer to the same people?

While everyone is concerned with whether or not Jeb Bush will run for President of the United States of America, I and the other awake individuals will be concerned with whether or not there will be free elections to elect him in this time four years from now, and if there will be a United States of America to elect a President for.

MY thought are that idea is a cop out... Its not about who's "running" the "show". Its the decisions that are made in concert with the people who are running the show. I think it is delusional to think that the president and his office are without effect or consequence. If I am completely bonkers please let me know how two separate groups of individuals with very different ideologies are going to make the SAME decisions???

I am not saying that our system is healthy or enjoyable, but I would also like to ask...
If "THEY" were going to eradicate "freedom", why would they have not taken the opportunity this time around???

Hell the whole world is a show. The show is the illusion of money.The USA is a cash cow of the highest order and it would not benefit "THEM" if it was destroyed.

The BUSH's are beholden to very specific people, hence WAR in OIL RICH nations and great gas prices. THE FAMILY made its fortune in $$$, energy and defense.
The entire past eight have been self serving years for the BUSH clan. ONCE AGAIN
$$$ - OIL - DEFENSE.

Obama has a different circle, he is going to take care of his... Maybe it will be ECOLOGY and "GREEN" industries??? The bleed and the method will be different which will create different outcomes.

The system that is the only 100% constant...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zephyrs
For Jeb Bush to win the Republican Presidential nomination let alone the Presidency itself would take an absolute miracle.

Curious usage of the word miracle.

It is one that I have been previously unaware of.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Bald Champion

You think Republicans and Democrats have different ideologies?

I was going to ask if you were Democrat, but your comment on Obama already answered that for me.

Some day I hope both you and the Republicans realize what delusional thinking you both have done for your whole politically involved lives by pointing the finger at the other party.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
What`s the matter Mr. Bush Sr? You didn`t get to finish the job you started, so you push the boys into doing the job for you? That`s how it looks. Jr. just continued to do as you were doing, and he didn`t get it done, now you want good ol Jeb to finish up?

Bush Sr., shame on you, Bush Jr., shame on us, Jeb Bush, not in this life time thank you.

Two of you were more then enough for one life time.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by FiatLux]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
you push the boys into doing the job for you?

More truth in this sentence than in a thousand years of right wing political speak-talk.

Every generation expects it's youth to succumb to the same nonsense that it sold out for.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Well, i`m sure they all studied from the same book as grandfather Bush did. You know the old saying, like father, like son. In this case, like grandfather, like grandson and great grandsons.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I would seriously vote for Jeb. In my opinion he has done a great job in Florida. I don't think he has a chance of being elected unfortunately. I'm not the biggest fan of G W Bush but i'm not on the bandwagon that thinks he is the AntiChrist. We are all still alive so that says something. I think if Jeb would have been elected instead of G W, then we would probably be in a slightly better place as a country.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
From the Source Article

When asked if he was serious, he said: "Or maybe senator. Whatever. Yes, I would. I mean, right now is probably a bad time, because we've had enough Bushes in there. But no, I would. And I think he's as qualified and able as anyone I know on the political scene. Now, you've got to discount that. He's my son."

Gees as per usual people let there political beliefs get in the way of any sensible perceptive . Bush senior is clearly speaking as a proud father who wants all is kids to be successful . Should Jeb ever look to make a run for the White House for real then the people could well reject him just like they did Hillary .

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I'm sorry but George W. Bush has already tarnished the Bush political legacy beyond repair. For Jeb Bush to win the Republican Presidential nomination let alone the Presidency itself would take an absolute miracle.

People will forget, they always do.

Personally I think Marvin Bush would be a better choice for America. After all, he ordered a complete powerdown of WTC the weekend prior to 9/11 so all the security cameras would be off. They also removed all the bomb sniffing dogs.

Then the week after, the buildings fall at freefall speed and people hear massive explosions as the building fall. Interesting.

So overall, great choice for America!

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I'm sorry but George W. Bush has already tarnished the Bush political legacy beyond repair.

You'd think that ol' Prescott Bush had that one covered with his involvement in bankrolling the rise to power of Nazi Germany and planned overthrow of the US government, so that he and his corporate cronies could align themselves in a pact with Hitler. But, as we keep seeing, these people are untouchable when it comes to justice.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
RELAX!

As i said on the other Jeb Bush thread - this is nothing more than an old man - a proud dad - saying that he thinks his son would be good for the job. Jeb has already said he isn't interested.

Just let the old guy be proud of his kid and say nice stuff.
It's what dads do. It means nothing. Jeb said he isn't running.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join