It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney: Bush's actions legal if not impeached

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Raw Story

In an interview with Bob Schieffer on CBS program Face The Nation Dick Cheney is still under the impression he can make up his own Constitution as he goes along. No crime was committed?!?!

Well Dick let's look at the Constitution it states the following:
Article one, Section 9: "The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it." The 9/11 attacks were neither a rebellion nor an invasion. The Civil War was a the very definition of a rebellion. Hence, it is illegal for Bush to suspend it, while it was legal for Lincoln to suspend it.

So thanks again to Ms Pelosi and Company for enabling these gangsters.

SCHIEFFER: But nobody thinks that was legal.

CHENEY: Well, no. It certainly was in the sense he wasn't impeached. And it was a wartime measure that he took that I think history says today, yeah, that was probably a good thing to do.

###

The vice president spent much of the interview defending eight years of the Bush administration's policies, including its surveillance and interrogation programs.

When Schieffer asked if the Bush administration had gone "too far" in its surveillance program, Cheney said no.

"I don’t believe we violated anybody’s civil liberties," he said.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Criminals always say they dont believe they violated anything. Criminals make their own laws. Criminal politicians are no different.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Yes. but these alleged criminals were able to get retroactive immunity on many of the same crimes they have been accused of. The alleged criminal also has a point that Congress did not impeach. This shows that Congress didn't believe crimes were committed, was a part of the crime, or flat out didn't care. Would be interesting to hear Congresses side of the story why they never impeached.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
What gets me is the precedent that is being set for our future Presidents!

The "War on Terror" is an endless war on an unidentifiable enemy where there is absolutely no possibility of victory. On this premise we have been convinced to shred our constitution without so much as a whimper from the Congress!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I agree. Kinda makes me lean that Congress is in on it. The wiretapping itself confounded me because I feel Bush did order people to break the law. And instead of impeach, they gave retroactive immunity. Hell even obama went down with the game.

new topics

top topics

join