It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jett Travolota's death predicted in 2007?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
An article referncing this prediction is in the Los Angeles Times
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

www.wwtdd.com...

I predict Jett Travolta will die in the bath and be found by his caretaker at the end of 2008 due to scientology. So sayeth the crystal ball.

That prediction is so uncanny that it is scary. Can anyone find a way to confrim if this was indeed from 2007? It looks like it was judging by the comments left behind.

Very, very strange indeed.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by talisman]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wow. This is indeed incredibly bizarre. I thought that perhaps someone had manipulated the time stamp--anyone know how likely that would be? There appears to be a comment page from a year and a half ago relating to the entry (again, time stamp could come into play). Assuming it really was posted in 2007, I would suggest that the writer of the "prediction" be promptly tracked down. That is a little too specific for my comfort.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Indeed. It is too close to what happened. Its unsettling. Makes you wonder if what people say casually might affect things in unseen ways?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

It is very easy to change the time stamp....
The author or moderator can simply access
the folder find the desired text and change it.
It could say whatever you want it to say.

I don't pay attention to Hollywood
much, but when I heard that John
Travoltas kid died, I remember saying,
"Oh, he's got a kid".

Sure he's a human and it must suck big
time to lose your kid.

But I can honestly say to the whole thing,
"who gives a *snip*"

To that I say goodbye to any Travolta Thread...

*Mod Edit: Removed the censor circumvention. Cheers.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by alien]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Actually, according the the site, it was the blog's owner who made the prediction. He/she specifically makes reference to it in this entry after Jett's death was announced.

www.wwtdd.com...

It is rather eerie to say the least unless the caption under the picture was changed after the announcement of the death rather than the time stamp.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I don't think the Time Stamp was Changed upon looking at some more recent news, the person who wrote the follow up says they called the event in question.

www.wwtdd.com...

This is bizarre.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

But I can honestly say to the whole thing,
"who gives a $#!T"

To that I say goodbye to any Travolta Thread...

This case seems to be of particular notability due to the religious affiliation of the family. For many people, this is further fuel for the fire of Scientology's condemnation. It goes beyond just the death of a celebrity's child, and into the Scientology conspiracy, the group's treatment of mental health and all that entails.

I just want to point out that this case has relevance for many people, beyond the celebrity aspect.

[edit on 5/1/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

The author of that blog edited the entry. You can see that for yourself if you go to this website and type the "http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2268" address in to the search function.

This is what the entry used to say:

For years the rumor has been that Jett Travolta, the now 14-year-old son of John Travolta and Kelly Preston, is autistic. Unfortunately for Jett, autism is not recognized by the Church of Scientology, of which Preston and Travolta are both prominent members. The Travolta's instead say he suffers from Kawasaki syndrome, an illness characterized by high fever, painful rash, lymph-node swelling and street legal rice-rockets. Four years ago, Kelly got out her hounds-tooth coat and pipe and giant magnifying glass and used her sleuthiness to determine that the cause was environmental toxins. Specifically, carpet cleaning chemicals. Then Kelly used a Scientology endorsed program created by L. Ron Hubbard to cure him. And it worked! No, wait, did I say, "it worked"? I meant to say, "it failed completely!"

The real problem of course isn’t carpet based treachery, it's that Jett has autism, and no amount of meadow-scented deception is behind it. He's never been officially diagnosed of course, since the "church" won't allow it, but outsiders who know the affliction well say the signs are clearly evident.

Now, a neighbor who himself is the parent of an autistic child, is attempting to turn the heat up on Travolta and involve child protective services, claiming that ignoring this child's illness and allowing it to go untreated is tantamount to child abuse. Hollywood Interrupted says:

Tim and Patricia Kenny are the proud parents of a 4 year-old autistic girl, believe that it might be time for Child Protective Services to look into John Travolta and wife Kelly's negligence in acknowledging their son Jett's reported autism.
The Kennys also claim that Kelly and John "let Jett sit in front of video games all day eating junk food, while they eat the best organic food money can buy. They exclude Jett from all social events because they are embarrassed."
"Once," reports Kenny, "when Kelly took him to the movies, Jett started to have a meltdown and Kelly pointed at the nanny and ordered, 'Take care of it.'"
"Jett does not speak at all," confirms Kenny. "He has not even been taught how to communicate. We struggle every week to pay for our daughter's therapy. How dare he [Travolta] ruin his own son's chances of recovering! We want to get the word out on this."

I say we give the Scientology method a few more years to kick in. Soon, Jett will be dead. Ta-da!

He says "Soon, Jett will be dead." I guess you can count that as a prediction. But I'm going to be dead at some point too. Eventually I'll be right.

I'll make a prediction of my own: In the next six months, his/her edit will appear on the Internet Archive I linked to above, and it will show January 2nd, 2009 as the edit date.

This is creepy, but it is untrue.

[edit on 1/5/09 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Nice sleuth work NovusOrdoMundi!

What is sickening to me is that this joker (who now claims he/she made the prediction) wishes to garner some type of hollow fame from the death of a child. Must have a very meaningless life if that's what he/she will stoop to for attention.

IRM

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
reply to post by talisman

The author of that blog edited the entry. You can see that for yourself if you go to this website and type the "http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2268" address in to the search function.

This is what the entry used to say:

For years the rumor has been that Jett Travolta, the now 14-year-old son of John Travolta and Kelly Preston, is autistic. Unfortunately for Jett, autism is not recognized by the Church of Scientology, of which Preston and Travolta are both prominent members. The Travolta's instead say he suffers from Kawasaki syndrome, an illness characterized by high fever, painful rash, lymph-node swelling and street legal rice-rockets. Four years ago, Kelly got out her hounds-tooth coat and pipe and giant magnifying glass and used her sleuthiness to determine that the cause was environmental toxins. Specifically, carpet cleaning chemicals. Then Kelly used a Scientology endorsed program created by L. Ron Hubbard to cure him. And it worked! No, wait, did I say, "it worked"? I meant to say, "it failed completely!"

The real problem of course isn’t carpet based treachery, it's that Jett has autism, and no amount of meadow-scented deception is behind it. He's never been officially diagnosed of course, since the "church" won't allow it, but outsiders who know the affliction well say the signs are clearly evident.

Now, a neighbor who himself is the parent of an autistic child, is attempting to turn the heat up on Travolta and involve child protective services, claiming that ignoring this child's illness and allowing it to go untreated is tantamount to child abuse. Hollywood Interrupted says:

Tim and Patricia Kenny are the proud parents of a 4 year-old autistic girl, believe that it might be time for Child Protective Services to look into John Travolta and wife Kelly's negligence in acknowledging their son Jett's reported autism.
The Kennys also claim that Kelly and John "let Jett sit in front of video games all day eating junk food, while they eat the best organic food money can buy. They exclude Jett from all social events because they are embarrassed."
"Once," reports Kenny, "when Kelly took him to the movies, Jett started to have a meltdown and Kelly pointed at the nanny and ordered, 'Take care of it.'"
"Jett does not speak at all," confirms Kenny. "He has not even been taught how to communicate. We struggle every week to pay for our daughter's therapy. How dare he [Travolta] ruin his own son's chances of recovering! We want to get the word out on this."

I say we give the Scientology method a few more years to kick in. Soon, Jett will be dead. Ta-da!

He says "Soon, Jett will be dead." I guess you can count that as a prediction. But I'm going to be dead at some point too. Eventually I'll be right.

I'll make a prediction of my own: In the next six months, his/her edit will appear on the Internet Archive I linked to above, and it will show January 2nd, 2009 as the edit date.

This is creepy, but it is untrue.

[edit on 1/5/09 by NovusOrdoMundi]

Very nice. Thank you. It is still is a prediction that Jett will "soon be dead". So that part of it was true. There are no words for such behaviour of the person who edited the original.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Nice sleuth work NovusOrdoMundi!

What is sickening to me is that this joker (who now claims he/she made the prediction) wishes to garner some type of hollow fame from the death of a child. Must have a very meaningless life if that's what he/she will stoop to for attention.

IRM

Agreed. Thank you, NovusOrdoMundi

top topics

join