It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons Exposed 1: Jachin and Boaz

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This video explains what the twin pillars of Freemasonry really mean and the ways in which Freemasons go against the tenets of Christianity, while claiming that one has to believe in a God to become a Freemason.

www.youtube.com...

Please let me know your thoughts on it.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Divas4Truth

This video is TOTALLY fiction and it is clear that the poster and maker of the vid have done NO real research. In the first 5 seconds there is disinformation. The video states that " one main tenant are the two pillars" which is also totally incorrect. Then the video goes on to MISquote Albert Pike, as if we've never seen that before. Please do your research, there is no excuse for this ignorance

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divas4Truth
This video explains what the twin pillars of Freemasonry really mean and the ways in which Freemasons go against the tenets of Christianity, while claiming that one has to believe in a God to become a Freemason.

www.youtube.com...

Please let me know your thoughts on it.

In the first 6 seconds I can already spot a fault. It says: One main tenet of Freemasonry is the twin pillars" This is wrong. The 3-tenets of Freemasonry are: Brotherly Love, Relief, and Truth.

At 17 seconds, it says, "And they are clearly seen on the First Degree Masonic Tracing Board." First of all it's Trestle board, not tracing board. Second, these particular are embedded in all the degrees of Freemasonry since Freemasonry has much to do with King Solomon's Temple. All pieces of architecture and operative masonry corresponds with today's speculative Freemasonry.

At 25 seconds it shows a mural of 3-pillars, these are not the twin pillars, Jachin or Boaz. Honestly you can read about Jachin and Boaz in the Bible.

From 36 seconds to 54 seconds, that quote is laughable and this conspirator seems to have some pent up sexual thoughts.

At 1:07, this is written, "Columns, obelisks, standing stones, the stocks of trees, towers, & even crosses are representations of the virile member". I laughed hard at this. I'd hate to see a penis that looks like a cross! OW! Same for the comment at 1:27.

At 1:44, the make of this film took an image too literal. Since many Masons are a follower of one of the Abrahamic religions, they believe what is prescribed in their Holy Book.

At 2:31 the author makes a claim that Albert Pike said it was okay for man to worship the penis, but shows no evidence of it.

As a whole, the author of the video misinterpreted everything from rudimentary to Masonic images. I'd say a few more years in school would do them better. As for the message, I am guessing the author thinks the Freemasons are just a big sex cult? if that is the case where is this sex taking place? I'm the Worshipful Master damn it! Where's my sex?!

The video connected no dots, nor proved there were any dots in the first place to be connected. A 5th grader could have made a better presentation and with facts. Ah, and as I see the video end, it is Divas4Truth is the author. Well, your credibility is shot in my eyes.

Please do some research next time so you don't embarrass yourself.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The pillars are symbolic, as is everything else in Masonry.

Since you aren't forced to believe in a specific interpretation of God, these are lessons that you can use in your own belief system.

Some say they represent Jacob of the Bible.

Some people interpret them to mean 'God' and 'Man'. In some of the later degrees one learns about an arch and a keystone that holds the arch between the columns together and SOME PEOPLE interpret the keystone as Jesus Christ. In other words, Jesus is the keystone that joins and secures God to Man.

Some people even say they are stone columns that hold up the roof of a building.

That is the beauty of Freemasonry. The lessons are general and require the learner to have his own sense of God and religion. The symbols can then be used as rules for morality across religions to bring men together no matter what their individual beliefs are.

Masonry represents the Brotherhood of Man under the Fatherhood of God.

It doesn't take complex symbols and allusions and memberships in various societies or churches to know God however. It's very easy. Whenever I start getting bent out of shape about religion I just fall back on the old quote:

"Be still and know that I AM."

If you just think about that one little statement on it's own for a little while it can just blow your mind. Who are you? What are you? What's your name? Who's right? Who's wrong? What shall I do? How shall I act?

It's all right there in that one statement.

In my opinion we spend too much time and energy trying to prove that something we KNOW exists does in fact EXIST. Then we fight and fight about what His name is, whose Messiah is better, etc.

We can never evolve as a society and stop slaughtering each other figuratively and literally until we get past fighting over the details (that we will truly never know). That's one thing Masonry (in a subtle way) has helped me with personally.

Now Masonry doesn't say all the stuff I just said. All Masonry says is, "Hey.. there's these two pillars."

That along with other Masonic allegory leads me to the belief:

- God is the 'I AM'

- God wants us to love each other

- God wants those who can to help those who can't

So, just to close the loop, any interpretation of masonic symbols is open. They are just symbols and nobody says my interpretation is any more valid than YouTube's, but I think it's important to present a counterpoint.

By the same token my interpretations are my own. I can't discuss my beliefs about God in the lodge because it might upset a Brother. We do this to preserve the fraternity so we can continue our work. Freemasonry just gives us the slate and we draw it individually.

But when you get 15 or 20 guys together who have gone off separately within their own belief system and have seen these universal symbols applied to their lives come together to work it makes for a good time with good men who want to help others.

[edit on 1/5/09 by emsed1]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

But did not someone have to "invent" those symbols once? Or how else did they come into being? Did not the author (or maybe a person who adopted some symbols from other religions/traditions etc. ) have a certain meaning in mind, when he created/adopted these symbols? Should you not search for that "real" intended meaning? Why are masons allowed to interpret these symbols the way they wish? How can the symbols have a meaning, if you can give them any meaning?

P.S. This is not meant as an offence, I am just curious.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by On_The_Level

I quoted directly from The Book of Words. Maybe you need to read it sometime.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The fact is your post is false.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaleon

No offense taken at all.

I have only been a Mason for a few years so I can't speak for Masonry in totality. What I have observed so far, though, is that the lessons and rituals have been general in nature, sort of like a blueprint, with a general explanation but then it's left to each individual mason to decide how to use them.

One example, and I don't believe this violates my oath, is the symbol of the compasses.

Ancient operative masons used compasses to draw, divide and measure things.

At some point when 'speculative' masonry came about somebody said, "This compass is a good symbol to teach men how to behave."

Therefore we learn that if we use a (symbolic) compass to draw a circle around ourselves and we keep our behavior inside that circle it is an example of 'circumscribing' our passions. So as long as we stay inside of the circle where there is love, brotherhood, charity, etc. we are good masons and good men.

If we step outside the circle and indulge in the selfish passions that lie there (again not really specified because each man has his own demons) we are not being good masons and good men. Outside the circle might lie greed, sloth, excess, selfishness, intemperance, etc.

It's different for each man, but it's a very simple symbol to think about in daily life if you decide what is moral based on your beliefs or your religion then you can use the circle analogy every day to make decisions about your behavior.

Example: You are having a drink with friends, which might not necessarily be a bad thing in your world. Then you decide you might like to have another. A quick thought about your actions might help you decide whether it's a good idea. (Is this stepping outside the circle? Might this be selfish or intemperance? Could my desire for drink hurt someone?)

It's like a little cricket on your shoulder.

Again, this is not what Masonry 'says', Masonry only presents the lesson and the interpretation is my own.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by On_The_Level

I quoted directly from The Book of Words. Maybe you need to read it sometime.

This is why Masonry doesn't allow dogma in it's lodges. The simple fact that your beliefs are intolerant of others leads to you guys bickering.

Soon bickering turns to fighting and fighting to war.

For each person the Book has different meaning. To some it is the literal Word spoken directly by God. To some it is a cobbled together collection of stories.

In my opinion the Word is God. Human books and languages cannot express the encompassing and overwhelming nature of the Word. I don't think you can read the Word, just read about it. The Word is beyond human capability to read or give.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I agree whole heartedly emsed. Thats what people dont get, the relationship between God and the individual is that individuals business and no one else. People should stop judging others and let them be. This is precisely why there is no discussion of theology in the Lodge.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Beautifully written.

emsed1 said it already, but speculative masonry uses tools/instruments of operative masonry as symbols of morality.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Phallus worship is everywhere, including in both Old and New Testaments of the Bible.

Therefore, Masonic dick worshippin' is perfectly Christian in every way.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eleleth
Phallus worship is everywhere, including in both Old and New Testaments of the Bible.

Therefore, Masonic dick worshippin' is perfectly Christian in every way.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Eleleth]

You actually had to edit this brilliant bon mot? Priceless.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
You actually had to edit this brilliant bon mot? Priceless.
If I don't choose my words carefully, the Masonic Ninjas might come for me in my sleep...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Nothing was cited in the video?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I am not surprised that only masons respond to these things, it just makes the whole outlook of the world look more sad. I do happen to know some very nice freemasons and I'm sure you guys are too, but I don't know how you can deny these things when they are written by YOUR authors. Albert Pike says in the beginning of Morals and Dogma that every mason should have a copy of that book. This video was taken from The Book of Words which is more of an introduction for masons into symbolism.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

There was one quote at the beginning of the video which I forgot to put quotes around. But the whole thing comes from the Book of Words by Albert Pike.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by emsed1

emsed1 said it already, but speculative masonry uses tools/instruments of operative masonry as symbols of morality.

What do phallic symbols mean to you, then?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

At 17 seconds, it says, "And they are clearly seen on the First Degree Masonic Tracing Board." First of all it's Trestle board, not tracing board.
If you are a freemason, then you know it's the different name for the same thing.

From 36 seconds to 54 seconds, that quote is laughable and this conspirator seems to have some pent up sexual thoughts.This is a quote directly from The Book of Words by Albert Pike the most famous author on Freemasonry (besides Manly P. Hall, of course)

I'd say a few more years in school would do them better.
I have a Masters in Interpreting Literature and I have been trained in schools of esoteric knowledge.

As for the message, I am guessing the author thinks the Freemasons are just a big sex cult?
No, I think they are worse than that.

Well, your credibility is shot in my eyes.
Like I care about how I look in your All Seeing eye.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

A masters in interpreting literature? From what school? Google can't even find 1 school with such a degree. If you are going to make up your credentials on the spot, at least make them something that schools offer!

I own the Book of Words by Albert Pike, you can buy it from Amazon.com, and if you had actually read it you would know he repeatedly states these are his own interpretations and not that of freemasonry. Anti-masons always use Pike and Hall because they are the easiest to quote out of context. They do not speak for freemasonry. Neither pike nor Hall is the most famous author in freemasonry to anyone except anti-masons like you, and only because they provide you easy quotes to manipulate.

Too bad you are too busy trying to demonize freemasons instead of doing real research like, oh I don't know - reading the ritual that has been available for the last few hundred years to the public. I am sure you have some sick desire for it to be a sex cult, but your fantasies are not reality.

Any elementary analysis of your statements shows you have 0 credibility.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join