It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richardson withdraws as Commerce nominee New Mexico governor cites pending investigation of business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson on Sunday announced that he was withdrawing his nomination to be President-elect Barack Obama's commerce secretary amid a grand jury investigation into how some of his political donors won a lucrative state contract.

Richardson's withdrawal was the first disruption of Obama's Cabinet process and the second "pay-to-play" investigation that has touched Obama's transition to the presidency. The president-elect has remained above the fray in both the case of arrested Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich and the New Mexico case.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well here we go again! Another scandal, another investigation involving someone soon to be named to Obama's new Administration. I'd like to say I'm
surprised, but I'd be lying.

Is Obama making these choices by himself or is someone advising him?

Apparently, Richardson told Obama's team that he would be cleared of all charges and would be free to accept the nomination of Secretary of Commerce.
However, as the investigation continued, according to Richardson, it became clear that the case was to be a long drawn out ordeal that would delay him taking the new position on time. So he graciously withdrew his name from the nomination. With the economy in the shape it is in "I do not want the country to have to wait". Obama commends him for putting country first. He goes on to state "I am looking forward to your continued service to our country and in my administration."

Come on already!! The guy is involved in a "pay to play scandal" and Obama is still planning to place him in his administration.?

What is wrong with this picture? Where is the integrity, character and morals
of this new president elect? Is he so sure Richardson is innocent of all charges, or is he so well connected to God knows who, that he can buy him out of this mess? Why surround yourself with all these people of questionable character? He continues to invite trouble.

Your thoughts please?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Also if you'd read your own article it says this is the first scandal that has effected his cabinet nomination. So I don't know why you're saying "another investigation involving someone soon to be named to Obama's new Administration"

Blago wasn't going onto his cabinet.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

Thank you, for the heads up! As far as reading my own article, I did.
I was referring to Rahm!!

new topics

top topics

join