It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel Premiere - Nostradamus 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

The lost book was interesting although I was sceptical of some of the readings of the meanings. They were way too screwed in the favour of biblical matters which seemed to prejudice other meanings possible. After all Nostradamus was hardly a good Catholic boy now was he. The guy spent half his life looking at alchemy, prophecy and magik, was lucky to not end his days roasting in a fire surrounded by clan look-a-likes.

The Lost book looked more like a sketch book for a new set of tarot cards than anything else. And if the tower picture in it was WTC then why not say that the original designer of the classic Tarot with its Tower card was a 9-11 prophet also?

They kept flashing Osama Bin Laden as the anti-Christ which just seemed like a Fox News type opinion to me. Better candidates would be either President Elect Obama or possible president for 2012 Sarah Palin amongst others.

Osama is a skinny dude hiding in a cave that even I could take down in a one on one. He was created by the CIA and manages about one successful attack every couple of years. He is hardly likely to bring the whole world down. In fact there is much doubt to whether he is even still alive.

I digress.

Nostradamus probably was a good reader for possible events in his time. From the documentary it seemed that the courts of Europe found him accurate with his astrology and other calculations. Lets say we give him that he was well worth his 10$'s per minute on Kasamba.com if you wanted to know what was round the corner.

On the matter of his longer term prophecy via the quatrains I am more scathing. These seem to be pure gibberish and dates only appear in three out of the many hundreds. To me that is very poor prediction, if prediction it is at all.

I remember that when I was trying to study and interpret his quatrains some years ago (unsuccessfully) I came back to them and found my cat had urinated all over them. Frankly in my opinion if you want to look for signs from the Universe there is one for you right there...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BruceF

My biggest problem was also the picture book. I personally could not see what they claimed was there. I deffinately saw room for several various meanings. Even then, one would have to look at them very hard, for a time, to come up with something that made any sense.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974

The ever decreasing cycles are an interesting theory and may be true. Keep in mind though that they are just a theory, one invented by Carl Calleman not the Maya elders.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Oh lordy

/end southern accent.

OK, this the the umpteenth million program the "history" channel has produced on Nostrahighmus (yea, i meant to do that). They keep changing all the predictions to suit what they feel is happening right now. They just want to make some money by feeding off people's fears concerning the future. I stopped listening to that hooey years ago. Oh and the Mayans never actually said what would happen beyond "an alignment" on 2012. We don't even know because most of their writing were destroyed.

Someone get Nossey a bag of cheetos. You know that ganja makes him hungry.

I don't mean to say his "predictions" mean nothing it's just we have no proper context from which to view them. We weren't around when he wrote them. We don't know what his issue was. We are sitting here debating what this guy meant to say. Perhaps he meant to say nothing. Perhaps he smoked too much ganja, got emo and wrote bad quatrains. Taking what he wrote and trying to make fit into some plotline is disrespectful to the writer in my opinion. Nossey should have wrote a Dummies guide for his books.

And goodness if i could just think straight i could stop editing!
[edit on 10-1-2009 by antonia]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Oh lordy

/end southern accent.

OK, this the the umpteenth million program the "history" channel has produced on Nostrahighmus (yea, i meant to do that). They keep changing all the predictions to suit what they feel is happening right now. They just want to make some money by feeding off people's fears concerning the future. I stopped listening to that hooey years ago. Oh and the Mayans never actually said what would happen beyond "an alignment" on 2012. We don't even know because most of their writing were destroyed.

Someone get Nossey a bag of cheetos. You know that ganja makes him hungry.

I don't mean to say his "predictions" mean nothing it's just we have no proper context from which to view them. We weren't around when he wrote them. We don't know what his issue was. We are sitting here debating what this guy meant to say. Perhaps he meant to say nothing. Perhaps he smoked too much ganja, got emo and wrote bad quatrains. Taking what he wrote and trying to make fit into some plotline is disrespectful to the writer in my opinion. Nossey should have wrote a Dummies guide for his books.

And goodness if i could just think straight i could stop editing!

I think your right, also I think that the History Channel is nothing but a scare channel, you know 'Gloom and Doom', I take it with a grain of salt.

also, I think Nostradamus's predictions are nothing more then 'Templates' to be filled in at a later time.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nostradamus clearly predicts the election of Sarah Palin in 2012 as the "manly woman" who will face off Russian ambitions. Barack Obama presidency will be just one term. The world will know that America elected its first ever woman president.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Very entertaining and agreeable perspective. I think that History Channel loves the disaster stuff and will leave out anything else. Lots of past interview guests have moaned that they were edited to just the bits that fit what HC wanted it all to say.

As for 'N' he should of hidden a books of cyphers to let us correctly extrapolate his meanings. Seemingly that is not the case so lets look at more worthy sources of data that help us more easily.

The archaic French it was written in is a dead language only decipherable at all by a handful of language experts and how many of those are also experts on interpreting symbolic prophetic material?

HC can get N to say whatever they want as he is dead and can't fight back.

I have a feeling that even if he was there after the show he would be moaning about how they edited him down to just the really bad bits! lol

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disclosure Agent
ok.......

Im not too sure what to make of all the predictions he has made but I do seem to recall something he wrote along the lines of the middle east and various religions around there bieng involved in some kind of lenghty war starting soon and making its way across the middle east and through out the world.....

possibly just one hell of a guess but im starting to see similarities between what he wrote and whats going on @ the moment in Gaza etc.....

who knows maybe he did actually see something while he was trippin out ????

Israel and Palestine have been at war for ages.

There has ALWAYS been conflict in the Middle East.

You don't need to be a genius to figure that out. Although I don't believe in all these predictions of 2012, I do sense something might just happen. But we'll just have to find out when the time comes..

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
is there any major global event that cannot be tied to nostradamus? This is just from what i read in the US. Who knows the russians may have their own sites that say nostradumass predicted things in thier country. And when did nostradamus this great seer say anything about 2012 that did not have to be put through som bad math and complcated code. He also said that the "King of Terror" would come in 1999 and bring about great destruction? If i write a book of cryptic crap will anyone here buy it as things to come? And why dont these seers and prophets ever predict anything good? Like the cure for polio or small pox?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join