It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how war looks like..[Graphic]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

Defending yourself may not be a crime, but was it the child on the stretcher firing those rockets into Israel? Do you think that any of the children in those pictures have done something to deserve this?

If a man who lived in your town shot a man from a neighbouring town, is the injured mans family right to seek retribution on YOUR children?

I'd say no, israel with all there intel agencies should of just flushed hamas out.

Or spent some of the billions that the world has gave them on better anti rocket defences.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
Hey let me get out my pictures of the holocaust...

A picture is worth a thousand words, but I only need one: propaganda. It is human to feel bad for people that are suffering, but that does not justify the extremist actions of a cult.

Doesn't matter who's right or wrong. It's just about how terrible and dehumanizing war is, and how it's tragic for everyone involved.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kernel Korn

It's not just one side, it is one side of the story, see the difference?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

Good question. Where are the pictures of hurt/dead Israeli children? Or is this just more rhetoric? Oh, and I mean recent pictures.

Mmm THERE ARE NO DEAD ISRAELI children.

The rockets that have been fired into Israel until the last couple of weeks have never even killed a single Israeli in the past 24 months.

The GAZA strip is one of the most densely populated regions in the world with a 50% child population!!!!

Oh below is some Israeli children getting some tank shells ready before the last invasion of the democratically elected nation state of Gaza, Palestine:

But from 2006 same thing, anyhow.

Elf.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon
[Where are the pictures of the Israeli children?]

There ya go the worst off of the Israeli kids suffering from this conflict can be found here

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I said "recent". Not two and a half years ago. If they were recent I could get behind retribution. This isn't retribution.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

I should have clarified that the holocaust comment was sarcasm. I thought that my next point on how pictures can be used as propaganda would clear that up. Now as for your point, let me ask you how can you justify on a negative? The holocaust, of course, does not make the killing innocent civilians right. And the cult fanaticism of Islam is also not justified in its killing of innocents. So how does one disprove the other. Why don't you think about what your saying ok

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

They don't disprove each other.
I thought I stated that anyone who kills innocent people is evil.

Presently, I do consider that Israel is in the position to be the bigger person. And really all they have to do is pull back to pre '67 borders, which a UN resolution has called for and Israel continues to ignore with USA veto power.

That is the first step to peace. imo.

AAC

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have a question for all of you that are so quick to side with hamas.

Why are there so many people always taking pictures of dead bodies and people that are getting shot or bleeding? Why is it that most of those pictures are filled with tons of people surrounding the stretchers and you can see tons of people holding cameras or video cameras?

Why do I mainly see this only happen in wars in the middle east?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
In the book “Devil’s Game", Dreyfuss reveals how the U.S. looked the other way when Israel’s secret service supported the creation of Hamas.
An Old Jewish Technique
Zionists live by intrigue, and directing the opposition is one of their favorite tactics. They provide a service that someone want, and that opens the door. In this instance, Hamas funded hospitals, and medical services.
Palestinians quickly accepted Hamas, and never questioned where they got the money.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

Originally posted by slicobacon
Where are the pictures of the Israeli children? Why does this bleeding heart sympathy only go one direction?

Good question. Where are the pictures of hurt/dead Israeli children? Or is this just more rhetoric? Oh, and I mean recent pictures.

To be honest i thought that the MSM is putting enough if how hard israeli people has it, and they have not shown any pictures of hurt/dead kids, and since my heart is for the Palestinians in this case i chose to bring these pictures forward. As said earlier there is one injured israelian the last picture of an elderly woman is israeli.

Best regards.

Loke.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Loke.]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
We intervened in Kosovo, but not here

What was the political motivation to intervene in Kosovo, but not in this situation?

Mass Graves were discovered, thus prompting direct intervention.

". The Račak massacre in January 1999 in particular brought new international attention to the conflict.[32] Within weeks, a multilateral international conference was convened and by March had prepared a draft agreement known as the Rambouillet Accords, calling for restoration of Kosovo's autonomy and deployment of NATO peacekeeping forces. The Serbian party found the terms unacceptable and refused to sign the draft.

NATO intervention between March 24 and June 10, 1999,[36] aimed to force Milošević to withdraw his forces from Kosovo..."

en.wikipedia.org...

also check out
en.wikipedia.org...

there is alot of information in there that will address your questions

[edit on 5-1-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Wrong Loke. That is what war looks like in state that sponsors terrorism, takes weapons and money for a terrorist country (to do their bidding), and finally it is what war looks like when militants hide in civilian clothes fighting from houses of people who want nothing to do with the war!

I admit those are some very serious pictures of people suffering horrific injuries. But, war is hell. They could stop supporting those who continue to shoot rockets into towns. You can't say look at this while rockets are still flying at innocent towns. This war could of been over years ago. But Iran did not want that so they bought this bloodshed from the people of Gaza. And Gaza took their part in this willingly.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
Hey let me get out my pictures of the holocaust...

A picture is worth a thousand words, but I only need one: propaganda. It is human to feel bad for people that are suffering, but that does not justify the extremist actions of a cult.

A cult, say, like Zionism? By the way, your red herring about the holocaust holds no water... How many concentration camps were in Palestine? How many Palestinian death camp guards were there? That's what I thought...

Ya know what's interesting though? The Israelis doing EXACTLY to the Palestinians what the Nazis did to them. Such a shame they didn't learn from their own misfortunes.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

"Palestinians are people too." A strong statement, I left out the rant. Look man, us Americans are not bad people, we just have evil leaders like everyone else does. We can either take it, or rebel, and the time for rebellion has not yet arrived. As an American, I can see your pain and suffering. We all can. I am on the side of the People, and in this case the People are Palestinians. Trust me, friend, there are a lot of us Americans who loathe America's solid support of Israel, and the paying off of other Arab countries not to attack Israel. It is s Divide and Conquer scenario, and the New World Order has played it many times in history. One thing in your favor is your are being at least partially represented on National TV, I have listed to several of your people, including your president. Eyes are opening all over the world, and although some of us will suffer for it, it will be worth getting these evil people out in the open, so they can be dealt with. You know as well as I do that Americans, especially Christians, have the Jewish Race and the Israelis mixed up, they think they are one and the same. They are different. The Mossad is your enemy on the battlefield, but your real enemy is unseen, and hidden, not even we can see them. My heart goes out to the People who suffer and die in Palestine, may they be blessed and protected from harm.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm sick of the war!

And I'm ashamed of my fellow ATS members.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Thankyou for posting these pictures, I know it must have been so very painful for you. It is a critical time on our planet and these types of atrocities, the murder of innocent men women and children is irreprehensible.

Until it hits home people will continue to be cold and callus and opinionated without conscious.

Blessing and compassion for all of my fellow earthlings.

well it's not irreprehensible when it happens to innocent JEWISH women and children...right??? i guess that's ok right? quick, quick, hamas needs more rockets to fire into israel....so send in your contributions...also hamas needs more suicide bombers to blow up jewish civilians...so keep sending those donations so they can buy more of those exploding c-4 vests

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I suppose it would be just fine if Hamas were given much more accurate and powerful rockets.....after all, the munitions they indiscriminately lob into Israeli towns now aren't killing enough people. Nevermind the intent.....

So would the gnashing of teeth and wailing be so pronounced if Israel did nothing? And the Hamas munitions got better? Hmmm????

None of this would be an issue if the other Arab states hadn't made the decision to use the Palestinians as pawns and cannon fodder in a proxy rebellion. Arab/Muslim brotherhood is all well and good, but when the question was asked: "where do the Palestinians go?"....they quickly turned into one big Homeowners Association.....not in my backyard!!

The subject is a great sub-reference when reading any threads about whether religion is useful or not.....

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
fact of the matter is we (the collective we of the U.S. and U.K.) created the Israeli state, and since then Israel has used used their relationship with us to obtain weapons and shield themselves from the Arab nations that surround them while simultaneously the Israeli state commits atrocities against the Palestinians, in general, in retribution for crimes committed by a small minority of Palestinians. The fatality rate is many times higher amongst Palestinian civilians vs. Israelis. Israel is in essence just as much of a terrorist state as some other nations in the region. For those of you that think Israel is such a good friend to us consider this, during the 1967 6-day war the Israelis attacked an unarmed American surveillance ship, the U.S.S. Liberty, killing 34 U.S. service men and injuring more than 170. The ship was in international waters at the time. The Israelis claim the attack was in error, even though the ship was clearly marked as a U.S. vessel, yet the Israeli torpedo boats continued to attack. Many believe that the real purpose of this attack was to prevent U.S. forces from monitoring Israeli troop movements and actions that were clearly in violation of cease fire agreements. More over there have been numerous incidents of Mossad agents spying on the U.S. It's time that we cut the umbilical and let Israel sink or swim on their own. Our involvement in the region only exascerbates the situation.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I know I posted this link somewhere, but it seems more relevant here, here are some "recent" pictures (December 27-30, 2008)....

www.boston.com...

Here are more "great" pictures of war provided by bigpicture (boston):
www.boston.com...

edit: I'd like you guys to watch this TED talk by James Nachtwey, a war photographer...... www.ted.com...

[edit on 5-1-2009 by skyblueff0]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join