It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Lies about Israel's Assault on Gaza

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thanks to all the "answers" I recieved, from my perspective "we" as a collective do not know the truth of the matter, probably we can never find the truth, but if we do, it will set us free (someone elses saying, but good isn't it?). People suck! pretty much sums it up for me.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Unfortunately, Hamas uses a new tactic, developed by Muslim extremists over the last 20 or so years: put your military offense in the middle of civilian infrastructure so that civilian casulties are almost inevitable if it is attacked. This is different than anything that has been done in the past; essentially trying to use your own people as human sheilds. We haven't come to grips with exactly how to deal with it. The whole moral question will take at least a decade or two to thrash out, but I think I've made my decision.

Ignore the human sheilds. If a mosque or hospital or school or even private home is being used as a fort, weapons cache, central command, etc., it should be treated as a fort, weapons cache, central command post or whatever. This, I think, is the only way that using a civilian population as a human sheild will invariably prove an ineffective tactic. The sooner there is a world wide recognition of this, the sooner militant groups will stop doing it. As long as there are many enablers who help make the technique effective by simply ignoring the fact that it is done --essentially saying it's okay (and there are many at ATS) the more militant groups will embrace it and the longer civilians will suffer.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by racegunz
So then if this vesion is the real truth, why does Egypt not let them (Palestinians) into their country? Why do the Arab nations allow these people to be sequestered into this area? If these are refugees, where is their original homeland, why can't they be absorbed into the Arab countries???? Just curious

They were kicked out of Jordan and Egypt already, do you think that Jordan or Egypt want their problem children back? They know what these people will do to their populations and they won't allow it. Instead they prefer to try to make Israel deal with them

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Well that's the version of the "truth" I have heard from way back, but I don't see it mentioned too much anymore, I think that history is rewritten so much that only those that are there know for sure what the hell happened, and out of those most lie to sway opinion to their agenda.
I also don't buy into the statement that the Arab nations won't take these people in because the U.S. told them not to, they don't want them either.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

They were kicked out of Jordan and Egypt already, do you think that Jordan or Egypt want their problem children back? They know what these people will do to their populations and they won't allow it. Instead they prefer to try to make Israel deal with them

This sounds very familiar to me. Who was it... Wasn't it... Yeah, it was... Jews went through this same persecution... You'd think they'd learn how to empathize after all they've been through.

Hypocrites as the bible would call it.

AAC

[edit on 5-1-2009 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

They had all of the land in Palestine for hundreds of years. It is not abnormal for territories to discriminate other territories. However, Palestinians have been in that area for a long time.

Ok, so which is it are they refugees from Egypt/Jordan, or have they been there for hundreds of years? I don't think you know, I don't know who does but I'm pretty sure they're not posting on this forum.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Europe

I personaly blame masonwatcher or the tinfoil templar as someone called him the other day. (if you find that offensive mason let me know and ill take it down)

Yes, ATS memeber "masonwatcher". A quick check of his profile shows hundreds of messages in the last week, all very critical of the state of Israel and it's inhabitants.

What drives him? Does he sleep?

Mike F

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Yours deserve a thread of its own.

Lots of questions few answers.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

3. Can you tell us ANY Arab country which offers Jews the right to be citizens, vote, own property, businesses, be a part of the government or have ANY of the rights which Israeli Arabs enjoy? Any Arab country which gives those rights to Christians? How about to other Arabs? Wouldn’t you just LOVE to be a citizen of Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Iran, or Syria?

Ooh, Ooh! I know the answer to that one. It's Iran.

Ok, it's Persian so not Arab, but for all the anti-Iranian propaganda about Iran wanting to kill all the Jews, they have a large Jewish population who enjoy the same rights as any other citizen, own land and businesses and have political representation. All this despite Israel trying to pay them to leave Iran which is, as they point out quite firmly to Israel, their home.

Israeli Arabs do NOT have the same rights as Jewish Israelis and are second class citizens. Before the state of Israel was created by outsiders, there were Muslims, Christians and Jews all living among each other and it was these outside influences and mainly European Jews who have caused all the bloodshed. They even tried to wipe out the existing Sephardi Jewish population by deliberately irradiating their children, and we are supposed to back the perpetrators of such premeditated and barbaric actions?

Sorry, I know there are wrongs committed by both sides but a little historical perspective shows what the inhabitants have had to put up with since the influx of hardline radical Jewish bigots.
Leaving aside the whole "Gods chosen people" and religious angle which, by the way, only applies if you happen to believe the written word of men was dictated to them by their chosen deity, then we are left with simply what is right and acceptable. Actions which other countries and their people are criticised and held accountable in world courts for, Israel acts out with impunity, never being made accountable and suffering the weight of international law. Anybody who does speak out in the press or politics is usually destroyed by the powerful backers of Israel embedded in most western states.

All I can say is that Israeli intelligence must have some real juicy negatives or taped conversations to share of our leaders' little indiscretions in order to maintain such an iron grip. Not to mention of course all the US money that flows to Israel in the guise of aid, a lot of which then flows back and is distributed to political backers as "campaign" funds which the leeches in power are only too willing to accept.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Ooh, Ooh! I know the answer to that one. It's Iran.

Ok, it's Persian so not Arab, but for all the anti-Iranian propaganda about Iran wanting to kill all the Jews, they have a large Jewish population who enjoy the same rights as any other citizen, own land and businesses and have political representation. All this despite Israel trying to pay them to leave Iran which is, as they point out quite firmly to Israel, their home.

Sorry, I know there are wrongs committed by both sides but a little historical perspective shows what the inhabitants have had to put up with since the influx of hardline radical Jewish bigots.

All I can say is that Israeli intelligence must have some real juicy negatives or taped conversations to share of our leaders' little indiscretions in order to maintain such an iron grip. Not to mention of course all the US money that flows to Israel in the guise of aid, a lot of which then flows back and is distributed to political backers as "campaign" funds which the leeches in power are only too willing to accept.

-

The much touted Jewish lobby in the US is vastly overstated. Some influence, more as an allied Western country in the Middle East, not blackmail. Less tracked is the Saudi behind the scenes machinations in the US to isolate it's natural enemy, Iran. Going into Iraq and Afghanistan was largely about that - cornering Iran.

I have Iranian friends and to a one they're frustrated by what has happend in their country. 30 years of a retrogressive regime intent on an Islamic Revolution.

Diplomacy is happening quietly with both Iran and the US realizing they share more interests than differences. More of this has to do with oil and gas and pipelines than politics.

As oil prices fall Iran is backed into a corner and may have to put it's conflict with the West on the backburner. We don't see this in the rhetoric coming from there, but economic survival may overcome hostilities.

Watch for a Saudi Arabia co-operating more with the other oil giant, Russia, and Iran coming out of the cold. Iran has increasing difference with Russia.
Russia does not like the US increasing it's presence on their doorstep.

Gaza hopefully will provide a climax to the current anatagonism of US + Israel vs Iran + rogue terrorist regimes. Hopefully.

Mike F

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Your just ignorant or a liar, or both. Palestinians went into the region in 1982 after they were kicked out of Jordan, this is of course after they were kicked out of Egypt. The longest and oldest continuously occupied town in the area is a Jewish town that has been there for over 2000 years...

Interesting how people make things up out of thin air, no matter what the truth is to slander Jews and support Terrorists...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It seems that Israel is killing more children and woman than militants lately.1 militant folowed by 40 civilians mostly children.They are just eradication of future danger I guess.They kill children by air, they kill children by firing from their tanks, they kill children by assault rifle.

Like the natzis did, they use to have children in the concentration camps and they use to kill them.Just seeing it on CNN now, people are being killed in UN made shelters, what is next gas chambers?

This just shows how far some people will go to support a bunch of maniacs.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Give Texas back to whom? Texans?

Texas was a sovereign country before it became a part of the US. The Texas Revolution, was fought and won by Texans.

I am sure that this comes as news to some who thought that Texas was won by John Wayne.

By the way, more to the point of this thread, Gaza belonged to Israel from the 1948 UN Mandate, but was captured by Egypt during the fighting in 1948. Gaza was lost by Egypt after the 1967 War. So Egypt has at least as much responsibility to Gaza as Israel does.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

According to what I have seen on the news, the 3/4 of the casualties in Gaza have been uniformed Hamas military. So, I don't know what you are refering to.

The casualties at the schools have been mentioned but I noticed that the sources did not mention if the casualties were Hamas, civilians, children, or exactly what their afiliations were.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join