It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can you read this? course you can

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Olny srmat poelpe can raed this.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the first and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed this psas it on !!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Very old but never boring when i come across it, good post.

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Yeah this was a fun one. The first time I saw it, it did not even hit hit me that anything was wrong until I got like halfway through it.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Wow Tahts atclaluy rlaey odd!

At fsirt it took a sconed to get my haed itno it, but tehn I was rdieang at asomlt nroaml seped!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Not quite. You need more than just the first and last letter in place, just not in a linear fashion that people typically associate with it. Your brain does read each letter individually and their count, and if those letters aren't present it becomes much tougher to decipher the message - which is why tihs is sltil caerlly libegll, bqt tpzs is hvbiwr to rnud, awerd tpdxts iicxs sparlby gbweh. There's actually several different processes of word identification at work here.

Our brains aren't very finely tuned. They're more like a patchwork hobble-together of different areas, evolved for different purposes, working in parallel to each other. The ability to read is not an evolved or god given trait. It's a byproduct of other processes which we have shaped into the ability to read - not an inherent talent that needs to be "unlocked" or "discovered". It really only appears as a single seamless process to us while in the act of reading - a sort of illusion of consciousness.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
His english sucks,
aint it.

That hurt my eyes.

Peace

top topics

join