It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel-If This Thread Doesn't Open You're Eyes,Then Nothing Will.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ok just one last point and then I will shut up. If we lived in a country where people shot missles at us randomly and blew themselves up in our stores, buses, theaters, etc.. We would kick the living crap out of them and almost everyone in this country would be begging to join up. There is nothing wrong with defending your populace by any means possible.

I can see the Palestinian side too. If you were forced off your land you would be ready to fight until the end. I just wish they would be a little smarter and form some alliances so they have a chance. To me it is idiotic to get all your civilians killed because you pick a fight with someone who could wipe out your territory without breaking a sweat. If I lived in an occupied territory that was surrounded by my enemy I sure wouldnt try to upset them unless I had the backing of someone who could help me defeat them. Anything less than that is pure stupidity.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by DantesLost

At least you are not conceited... Thinking one post is going to change everyones minds. I am sure no Arabs or Palestinians in particular have ever said anything negative about Israel's existence.

....Thank goodness you don't really believe that

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Yeah I dont believe that. I have been around long enough to hear most of there neighbors say they want to push them off into the ocean.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If Russia or China heavily backed Palestine and its people then I am pretty sure Israel would not be so heavy handed and might even be prepared to give some concession's, however it seems they are on their own apart from a few rabbled Arab nations like Iran who are basically being goaded into doing something so the USA can smash them back into the stone age.

So once again for the sake of some Politicians....women and their children die needlessly while the Ruling elites sit back eating caviar and laugh at the peons who fight their wars for them.

It is all of us who are to be blamed...for allowing the rulers to do what they do unchallenged.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by mazzroth]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

First you are right. If China or Russia backed the Palestinians then it would change the dynamic. But I disagree with you that we are all to blame. No one in their right minds want to see innocent people killed, whether they are women or children or men. I am sure most people in Israel are just as sad to see innocent people die as we in USA are sad to see innocent Iraquis die, but it is an unfortunate side effect of war. I would like to point out that there are way less civilian deaths now days than in the past since smart bombs are more accurate.

However, no one from the USA or any other country (except maybe Iran) lobbed a bunch of missles into Israel. Hamas has to take responsibility for what is happening in Gaza right now. Israel honored the cease fire until Hamas started lobbing rockets into their country. If they lobbed rockets at your civilians you would want to destroy them too. Only a fool would let someone kill their fellow countrymen without repurcusions.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't really see the point to this post. I read through the quotes and did not see anything remotely close to the harsh comments I have read coming in the other direction.

I don't think either party in this situation is completely innocent, but I would certainly need more than this to catch the point.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
justsomeboreddude

At least you are not conceited... Thinking one post is going to change everyones minds.

It doesn't need to change everyone's mind,just enough.

Ok just one last point and then I will shut up. If we lived in a country where people shot missles at us randomly and blew themselves up in our stores, buses, theaters, etc.. We would kick the living crap out of them and almost everyone in this country would be begging to join up. There is nothing wrong with defending your populace by any means possible.

The IRA bombed us for over 30yrs,we didn't go in to Northern Ireland and commit mass slaughter on a regular basis.

PowerSlave

The point is to show the consistency in the attitude of some Israeli's,many of them political leaders.These remarks have gone on for so long,they were making them even before Israel existed!

[edit on 6-1-2009 by DantesLost]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Well there are political reasons for that.
1. The majority of the people did not vote the IRA in to lead Ireland.
2. There are a bunch of Irish people in the US and so it wouldnt have been in Englands best interest to try to take over Ireland.

This goes back to my point of making alliances in order to help your cause. I dont know why Hamas would pick a fight they have no chance of winning.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

But they did vote Sinn Féin in,the political wing of the IRA.

And some Americans actually sent money to help the IRA cause,so how the US government or 'Irish-Americans' felt about it would have had little bearing on the British government actions.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by DantesLost]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You are right I do recall them electing some members of the political wing of the IRA. I was wrong there. But they didnt vote Sinn Fein (sp?) into total control. I am sure some Americans sent money to the IRA. That is not my point. My point is there are enough Irish folks to raise a stink here in the US to stop any total invasion of Ireland by the British. Ever heard of the Kennedys? Not that we want to fight you guys.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Another jew bash. To tell the truth both sides act like animals. They are BOTH wrong and if you support one side over you too are animals. To quote a famous Australian saying I wish that they would both "Pull their heads in" & stop the atrocities, stop the killing on both sides. BTW I don't support either side in this, both are wrong

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Firstly,they're not Irish,they're American.

Secondly,you're forgetting that the US government has stronger ties to Britain than it does Ireland.

Anywhoo,

If I lived in an occupied territory that was surrounded by my enemy I sure wouldnt try to upset them unless I had the backing of someone who could help me defeat them. Anything less than that is pure stupidity.

It does seem insane.But they do it because their land and homes are continuously being taken from them.If they sat back and did nothing at all,then they would lose everything.

I don't agree with the tactics of Hamas,they're just as guilty as the Israeli government when it comes to killing civilians.You mention they should make alliances.Who do you have in mind?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yes, Israel "honored" the cease fire, but dont forget the wall Israel has built and the blockade of food and medical supplies, and throw in the regular power disruptions that Israel caused for the Palestinians. Israel may have not fired a shot during the ceasefire, but they did their best to poke and prod the Palestinian people.

This war Israel is waging has a few purposes. It is not to end Hamas terrorism, but to save face for election, it is to ensure an obedient jewish population, and it is used to promote antisemitism abroad.

Zionisms best friend is antisemitism, Ben Gurion new this.. antisemitism abroad will encourage more jews to move back to israel.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This thread heh, why bother.

If those hamas/terrorist idiots would stop throwing rockets at Israel, they might be able to prevent bombs from dropping on their peoples' heads, and their land getting bulldozed. I guess they aren't that smart, though. Kinda goes with their suicidal/terrorist 3rd world mentality i guess. I don't blame Israel, though they should minimize civilian casualties.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You could always write to the senators and complain, but it
probably won't do you any good as a lot of them are Jewish.

Funny That,

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Too bad so sad... Lets Go ISREAL! Eliminate everyone #ing the innocent, they should have stood up for what is wrong when they had the chance. Next is Iran and their crazy dictator who thinks he is the next Mohammed. With success the Israelies can live in peace because these pussy terrorists won't mess with them. Keep up the bombing! Its WAR people there is going to be innocents killed! Welcome to the real world. Nobody can just sit down and talk about it. Israel has had enough! Welcome to REALITY!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Historically what Israel is doing is following a very effective and ancient model for domination. We all know that the country that wins the battle is the victor and gets to keep the land and all that dwells upon it. Almost every country that exists today came into being the same way; invasion and domination. The Bible even speaks of this and was it not David on invading a land laid out all the men on the ground and spared every third man killing the others. America does not have clean hands. She not only killed off almost all the Native Americans but rounded up the few that survived and stuck them on reservations to die. She even gave them blankets contaminated with smallpox in a cowardly attempt to speed up the process. America has never been honest and it is just as treacherous as ever. Israel and America are bedfellows and they both have a knife at each others back because the other knows just how trustworthy the other is. This is not a pro Palestine post. I am sure if they where bigger and had the ability they would be in the mix right along with China and Russia. This is just a reminder that war is hell and is always about one country thinking that they have the right to take what they want. We call ourselves civilized but we have never and will never be able to live in peace with all mankind even when the people are all the same and in some cases brothers. I am convinced that we are not native to this world. We are parasites to this planet and all we know is death. I guess it won’t be long now before we have the final countdown and I hope and pray the planet survives. I know if she does she will heal herself once we are all gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join