It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious Events in Shrine Room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
On the 3rd Nov 20004 I wrote this as part of a Thread:

"Hello everyone

Recently I attended a "Tea Party" at a Buddist Retreat in Cambridgshire, UK. This is a School for Vajrayana students. I have a very limited understanding of Buddism but have a respect for the faith. I was made to feel welcomed and felt comfortable with the people attending the Buddhist Event.

Later I attended a Puja in the Shrine Room where there was chanting going on in Tibetan. I have absolutely no idea what these people were chanting about and have never attended a Puja before. Anyway I decided to sit down and listen to what was going on around me. Then a very strange thing happened to me. In my mind I felt that i was this Tibetan looking lady who had a most startling appearance. She was completely radiating light and appeared as white driven snow. I was her!! I started weeping tears of joy and compassion for the people sitting around me.. Weeping does not happen very often to me I can tell you!! Then the vision receded and I became more composed. It all happened so unexpectedly and prior to the Puja I was just normal - no high / low emotions .

I would respectfully like to put a question out to you all. As a recent enquirer to Buddhism I am at a loss to know what to make of this experience. What does it mean? Later I found out that the Chant was a "White Tara". Don't know what it's for. Please explain. This is all genuinely puzzling to me."

Just recently I have returned to the Buddhist Retreat to sit in on a Puja. This was a return visit after some number of years. I had another interesting experience! There sounded like many more people sitting in the Shrine Room, chanting, than there actually were. Also, when the chanting stopped with the people sitting with me the sound continued. I mean the chanting continued even though everyone apparently stopped reciting the Tara. Please can anyone explain what this is all about?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Lay off the tea bro....

Or at least ship some of it to me...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
White Tara is, if I recall it right, one of the female buddha's. It is not unusual to go into medetative state when being in a room full of chanting people. When being in a medetative state some people have visions. This is what probably happened to you.

As for the explanation of the vision you have to do that mostly by yourself. My guess would be you saw the divine part of yourself. There can be several reasosns why you saw this, one of them can be that you have not been accepting yourself for who you are and this is a way of showing you that you are okay. But like I said, you have to do the explanation mainly by yourself... I can only give some hints and tips.

What you feel you vision most likely to mean is most of the time the right explanation.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ambushrocks
White Tara is, if I recall it right, one of the female buddha's. It is not unusual to go into medetative state when being in a room full of chanting people. When being in a medetative state some people have visions. This is what probably happened to you.

As for the explanation of the vision you have to do that mostly by yourself. My guess would be you saw the divine part of yourself. There can be several reasosns why you saw this, one of them can be that you have not been accepting yourself for who you are and this is a way of showing you that you are okay. But like I said, you have to do the explanation mainly by yourself... I can only give some hints and tips.

What you feel you vision most likely to mean is most of the time the right explanation.

Thanks for the reply. Have you had anything similiar to my experience? I think that the acceptance of the divine part of oneself is an interesting insight. How does that change a person?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I am not a Buddhist, and have no religion, but I’d like to say what I think these things are.

In the middle of a spiritually powerful gathering, you have visited your higher mind to find out that in a past incarnation you were a female in Tibet.

When you heard at a later event the sound of more people in the room than there actually were, you heard the sound of the other Buddhist people who were also gathered there from the other side of the veil, the Spirit World, Nirvana, or Heaven, according to your understanding.

Death is only the end of the particular human body and brain, but life goes on in another dimension, as you prepare for the next incarnation in another human body. The mind is not contained within the brain, but is connected to it, and it survives death of the material body. Every moment of every incarnation is recorded in the higher realms of the mind, but in any given incarnation your brain only normally has access to a restricted amount of the total data stored there.

This is my 34th Incarnation, and I have previously been male, female, black, brown and white; a husband and a wife, a priest and a merchant, rich and poor, and a soldier who served in the total horror of the Crimean War. One lifetime is inadequate for the soul or spirit to grow to a great spiritual height, so on the basis of the human life being ‘three-score years and ten’ (70 years), the average number of incarnations is about 100.

In the material form, we resonate in a particular frequency band, and beyond the material world in the 4th dimension, there is a further range of frequency bands. Think of them like radio and TV signals that we can’t see, but which surround us.

There are people who we can’t see or sense around us at all times, and in particular each of us has a spirit guide whose duty is to look after us as best they can. This is a very deep subject, and there are why’s and wherefore’s which have taken me a lifetime to understand, so I can’t really do it justice in a few paragraphs.

Some years ago I was in hospital and needed some peace and quiet from the bustle of the ward, so with another patient went along to the deserted chapel. The silence was so deep, that you could almost cut it with a knife. We were the only two people there and sat in silence having just ten minutes of meditation.

Near the end of that time we heard two people get up out of their chairs at the back and walk to the front and open the door and exit. As they walked, the floorboards creaked noisily at every step. Well, there was nobody else in the building, and we turned round to look, plus the floor under the blue carpet was good old concrete!!! My friend Stella was ever-so surprised, and had never experienced the like of it.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I do have visions sometimes. (Rarely though... once a year maybe) But I have never seen a White Tara. I have seen something/someone I would describe as divine, but I really can't name it. It seemed to look a bit like the Hindu goddess that has all the arms, Laksmi I believe her name is, but than without all the arms (I'm sorry it sounds a bit weird but that's the only way I can describe it)

I really don't know how the accepting of one's divine side will change someone. I think it may be very personal... I mean, I know what it did for me but I don't know if the effects will be the same for every one.

For me it has made me more assured, at ease, and comfortable. It made me realise I am who I'm supposed to be.

To me that was quite important. I have a form of braindamage called dyspraxia, it is in essence exactly what the word says "not practic". Basicly it means that my thoughts of how to perform a task are right but the signals to doing it are disturbed. So I can't tidy up very well, can't cook very good, can't drive a car... etc.

It always made me feel very guilty, like I wasn't living up to what was expected from me as a wife, mother, member of society etc. By accepting my divine side I lost the feeling of guilt... I just know that it's just fine how I am. Of course I still feel I need to do my very best to make the best out of every thing, but I don't feel guilty any more when I do something wrong because of my dyspraxia. So to me it's a huge and very positive change.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallsorts

A few questions - I hope you don't mind -
How did you find out this is your 34th incarnation?
What are your memories of the past lives?
Do you recognize people now from those lives?
Do you remember 'between lives'?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Tallsorts

A few questions - I hope you don't mind -
How did you find out this is your 34th incarnation?
What are your memories of the past lives?
Do you recognize people now from those lives?
Do you remember 'between lives'?

Thanks.

No, I don’t mind at all, and I shall do my best to answer. I am getting on in years and have a chronic illness, so I try to keep the length of messages to a minimum, and only do two or three per day maximum.

1. How did you find out this is your 34th incarnation?

I was introduced to an elderly Canadian born gentleman who lives in England and who is a published author on spiritual philosophy and whose past occupation was, but not limited to, an Aeronautical Engineer. For a many years he channelled people in the 4th Dimension including Carl Gustav Jung, who used to obtain details of people’s past lives from the Akashic Records.

Before committing to pay the very modest fee of ten British pounds, I was able to see some readings which had been done for friends of mine and they were impressive. In our family there were six of us that had them done on different occasions, and they all produced very interesting results particular to the individuals concerned. One was exceptional and the person concerned had rendered a great deed to humanity in Scandinavia and had reached a level of spirituality similar to those in our family, but in a much fewer number of incarnations.

2. What are your memories of the past lives?

Not as much as I would have liked, but it has explained certain traits, and here I give a single example of many.

Many years ago there was a plan to bring Isambard Kingdom Brunel’s steamship SS Great Britain home from the Falkland Islands where it was a rotting hulk, to Britain for restoration and exhibition. When I read that I was a young man, and the hairs stood up on the back of my neck, and I followed the project for a number of years.

In my 33rd Incarnation I had been an officer in an English cavalry regiment and my section was shipped to the Crimea aboard the newly built ship SS Great Britain.

3. Do you recognize people now from those lives?

From the Incarnation that included the Great Fire of London in 1666, where I was a wealthy and corrupt merchant, comes my dear wife who had been a prostitute at the time. I have also seen her original looks and dress transfigure over her current body when I was younger.

4. Do you remember 'between lives'?

From between times is my ‘soul mate’ who is a close family friend and we can finish each others sentences because we both ‘know’ the answer.

But I remember very little concrete about each life and between, as I am not very psychic, and I am grateful for that because there is enough stuff to worry about in this life to start worrying about all the misdemeanours of the past lives.

Once a friend phoned me from Spain and said that her friend’s little boy was face down in the swimming pool and was taken to hospital in a lifeless state. I said that they should try not to worry, as he was fine and would be back home fit and well in 3 days. Imagine saying that to anyone, if it didn’t come out right how could I ever look them in the face again? Well, it did come out right and I was just as relieved as the parents. I get things like that when necessary, but not frequently like some people

On ATS, I am trying to answer relevant questions honestly using experience gained over the last 34 years. I realise that many people won’t believe what I say, and it is not my concern to prove my truth to others. What I will say is that at each stage of my spiritual education, I have demanded proof before I would accept what was said to me. It has been a personal journey of significance to me only, and I’m happy with that.

It is my understanding that it is impossible to prove reincarnation in a scientific test which would be acceptable to scientists alive today, and that comes from a very senior source in spiritual terms.

All I hope is that other ATS members are on their own journey of spiritual discovery in whatever way is suitable for them, and thus make the most of this life; but of course you don’t have to.

That’s me done for the day!!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallsorts
For a many years he channelled people in the 4th Dimension including Carl Gustav Jung, who used to obtain details of people’s past lives from the Akashic Records.

Wow. That's really interesting! I appreciate you answering my questions. Just one more .. if you don't mind .. do you still know anyone who is able to access the Akashic Records? I've been curious and have tried past life hypnosis. It didn't work. I've had recurring dreams of my death during my last incarnation (as a child in England - during a Nazi air raid) and strong feelings about certain time periods, but I'd like confirmation. I'd also like to know how many more times I'm going to have to be here.

If you can direct me, that's great. If not ... I'll keep looking.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

If you can direct me, that's great. If not ... I'll keep looking.

The man who arranged my Akashic reading no longer does it, as he is very old, so that is no longer an option. You will need to search for a source yourself using Google, for an Akashic Councelor, Akashic reading etc., and find someone suitable, either in your country or area.

If I was looking for a reliable service, I’d find someone with modest fees, and then if you are not satisfied with the result, it won’t break the bank to find another one. Put together a shortlist of possibilities, then go through them and find what ‘feels’ best for you. It may not work out initially, but sooner or later you will find the right one for you.

I note that you have ‘feelings’ for different time periods, and I am certain they are residual memories of past lives. Only the Akashic records can tell you for sure, but I sense you have had quite a few previous lives. Sometimes when you reach a certain level of spirituality, it is not possible to be hypnotised. If you think about it, you are giving control of yourself to another being, who may then be at a lower spiritual level than you, and that’s not generally permitted.

You say that you’d like to know how many more incarnations you may have, and so did I up to August 2008. My health was going downhill fast and I didn’t expect to see the year out. Then my soul mate gave me a channelled message, which basically said ‘hard luck mate, you are going to have to stay where you are for some time to come’. So, here I am, and I’m resigned to the fact that I’m required to be here.

On average it takes about 7,000 years of our linear 3rd dimensional time for a human to go from the first human incarnation, after the last animal incarnation, to the last human incarnation. Because it is only by gaining sufficient practical soul development whilst incarnate that can one grow spiritually to the height required to become a High Spiritual Being. That’s 100 incarnations of an average incarnation of 70 Earth Years.

I’m entitled to be on Plane 3 in the Spirit World, and if I don’t mess it up this time, they will let me into Plane 4, the Graduation Plane. Plane 5 is the Plane of No Return when, once negative Karma has been cleared up, the human does not have to reincarnate again. So for my part, what does it matter if I stay here for a while, because if this life is gaining me further spiritual growth, it may cut out one or more future incarnations, do you see?

Incidentally, don’t believe that anyone else can forgive you your sins. Sins in one life are carried over into future lives and they have to be paid for by experiencing adverse conditions. Many people will say they have confessed their sins and been forgiven. Well, when you get to the reception desk in the intake area of Heaven, or the Spirit World, that is when you find out the truth. Take my word for it; it won’t half be a disappointment to find out what the payback is.

I know somebody still alive in England, who was pulled out of a bombed out building in London, courtesy of the Luftwaffe in World War 2, and they still have nightmares about it. That sort of thing is normally filtered out of your current memory, in future incarnations, unless it is an aid to help you find your higher mind and the God energy within. Some people detest the word ‘God’, as they associate it with the word ‘Religion’. Well, God can be found through religion, but not as often as you may think. The free thinker with the open mind, and without a mindset of cant and dogma, can truly find the higher mind and God energy within.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Tallsorts]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Somebody posted this to me on another website:

I did a mini retreat at Marpa House a few years ago, (just 10 days on my own.) I would take a short walk after lunch around the fields at the back of the house (it wasn't a closed retreat). I was pretty much on my own there with just the secretary and occasional visitors around. One lunch time as I was walking back up the field I heard what sounded like a large number of people chanting Tibetan or perhaps one of those Tibetan chant CDs being played on a PA system in back garden. The sound came floating up the hill. I actually became a little irritated and hoped that whoever it was would stop before my afternoon session began. When I arrived a few minutes later the house was empty and silent.

Marpa House is pretty special, in my opinion, having been blessed by HH 16th Karmapa and HH Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche among many others. It's a great place to do retreat.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Circle]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I have never been to a spiritual retreat, but my Nan was a believer in reincarnation, albeit a devout Christian.

It sounds Circle, like you had a truly spiritual experience and the first one really touched your soul.

It sounds a bit like my NDE in some respects regarding the light. It suggests to me that you are special indeed.

top topics

join