It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen to the Yellowstone Warnings!!! as all these reports we're...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

There are some scientists in Bulgaria who might disagree with you..

A day to day study of the number of earthquakes worldwide reveals that the arrival to the Earh of high speed solar streams is related to significantly greater probability of earthquake occurrence. The possible mechanism includes deposition of solar wind energy into the polar ionosphere where it drives ionospheric convection and auroral electrojets, generating in ‘turn atmospheric gravity waves that interact with neutral winds and deposit their momentum in the neutral atmosphere, increasing the transfer of air masses and disturbing of the pressure balance on tectonic plates

source: On the relation between solar activity and seismicity M. N. Gousheval, K. Y. Georgieva’, B. B. Kiro?, D. Atanaso? ‘Institute for Space Research, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences 6, Moskovska Str., Sofia 1000, Bulgaria 2Solar-Terrestrial Influences Laboratory, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences Acad. G.Bonchev Str., b1.3, Sofia 1 113, Bulgaria ’Sofia University, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
(yay this will put me over the 20 post count)

We have been seeing tiny tims and other little sunspots appearing now as part of solar cycle 24. I must respectfully disagree with you, as I keep the SOHO/STEREO/USGS Earthquake Map, and ACE data on one of my screens all day - and I see an anecdotal increase in frequency and intensity (albiet small) especially around the equator (although it has recently spread out ...)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Hi Broken Head Phonez,

I'm glad you are over the 20 post limit so that you can contact people now via u2u, there are many good people on there to chat with my friend.

So.... you have been watching that one particular site; on May 28th, 2009 when the 7.1 magnitude earthquake struck off of Honduras in Central America what was the Solar Flares doing on that day, or the preceeding day?

Did the Jet Stream suddenly switch or pick up speed or anything else that was very disturbing so that a major quake would strike that particular spot on the Earth? I know it didn't.

The Honduras M7.1 Earthquake of May 28, 2009 was detectable in the ground for probably a month or longer before it struck. Big earthquakes empty one or more earthquake cells, usually more than one, and then they strike. The answers are in the ground as to accurate earthquake forecasting, not out on the Sun.

But... I like your style.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
благодаря другу>? (yay universal translator! Now just to get my computer to respond to voice input..)

I noticed an anomaly in the jetstream as you described, but since I was devoting my time to looking at the sun, I forgot to look at the Earth for a few days.

With your comments, I have images that piqued my interest (that I saved to my computer actually, that's how much it stood out.)

After your comments, I tend to think that this is the "tail end" of the system that you mentioned. Notice the separation in the middle!! Cool!!!

I previously thought the increasing solar activity pushed the super cold air from the poles towards the warmer tropical air around the equator, but perhaps you could explain it to me?

I'm just trying to connect a billion things at once! Mapping a web of causality is a pain in the ass!

(Totally non sober edit)

[edit on 12-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'd just like to say also, I do not believe that solar events cause %100 of all earthquakes, I'm just saying that there is a correlation in existence.

I mean, the sun spits out energy directed at our planet; correct?

Energy has to go somewhere, it does not simply disappear, maybe that energy is channeled into the core and some process there happens that contribute to earthquakes and volcanoes?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

So.... you have been watching that one particular site; on May 28th, 2009 when the 7.1 magnitude earthquake struck off of Honduras in Central America what was the Solar Flares doing on that day, or the preceeding day?

I have checked the SOHO site for the 26th to the 28th and see significant flare activity (as opposed to the VERY quiet two years that we have had).

One of the images shows enough energy to overload the CCD chips on the camera on the satellite so this suggests a little bit of energy. The date of May 26 2009 was chosen by myself to take into account the 60-80 hours that it generally takes for an ejection to travel from the Sun to the Earth.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reklaw

‘Thousands dead, world shook!!!’

But do we really know what is going to happen?
If it were to erupt what would happen to the rest of the world?
I heard it will fill with ash and dust, we would then find it hard to breath.

Just how would Yellowstone effect the rest of the world?

Thousands dead? if yellow stone would explode then alot more people would die.

what effect does it have? well it's probebly going to be harder to breath but that's the least of my concerns, the fact is that ashes will stop the sun from getting trhough which could usher in very cold temperatures. This would then result into failed crops and famen etc etc...

total death all over the globe.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
Originally posted by Reklaw

< remove FUD >

No, I believe you are overreacting here... It's not Yellowstone, it is larger processes. This is a symptom, not the cause...

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD) is a tactic of rhetoric and fallacy used in sales, marketing, public relations,[1][2] politics and propaganda.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Hi Broken Head Phonez,

I looked at your first two links and they are of the United States of America not of Honduras which is in Central America down below Mexico and above South America. Here is an article about it.

news.yahoo.com...

The photos in your next two links are a day late, the earthquake struck on the 28th of May 2009 and both of your links show May 29, 2009 in the photos; or one day after the fact.

What is a sure sign of a massive earthquake getting ready to strike in the near future, is "Earthquake Fog" a fog that lays low, dense and in a tight area of about 3 times the size of a football or soccer field. It occurs near the epicenter of a related earthquake cell or within the earthquake cell that will rupture up to weeks before the earthquake strikes and it can occur any time of the day or night.

Another sure sign is a "Cloud Ring", the cloud ring will be just like a smoke ring that a smoker blows into the air. The cloud ring is a perfectly circular ring and the larger the earthquake, the larger the cloud ring. A massive earthquake will have a cloud ring that is somewhere close to 100 miles in diameter. Its usually hard to see a cloud ring unless you are wearing Polarized Glasses. I saw a massive cloud ring about a 100 miles across weeks before the 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck, it was not visible by regular sight or by the camera with a regular lense on it, but it was very easily seen with polarized lenses. The cloud was massive in diameter, a complete circle, fairly thin and wispy, not dense, that is why it could not be seen by regular camera lenses or by eyesight.

In one way solar events can cause earthquakes. Our solar system as a whole travels through space and the whole solar system is effected as one. Right now we are approaching the Galactic Plane, and while our solar system is approaching the Galactic Plane one can suppose that there will be an increase in massive earthquakes just like one can see occuring in the following information.

www.earth.webecs.co.uk...

We won't reach the Galactic Plane until December 21st, 2012. So... even our Galaxy plays a big part in massive earthquakes, and they should be increasing in numbers on "average" until approximately maybe 2017, and then they should start to decrease on "average" in numbers hopefully. If the Sun seems to be connected in some way to the Earth, well... so are the other planets, by electric and magnetic pressures.

Yes, I believe this type of energy is channeled even into the core of the Earth like you suggest Broken Head Phonez, that is why more earthquake activity is occuring.

So where do you live Broken Head Phonez? I see that you can write in Arabic. How did you get interested in earthquakes? Have you been in any earthquakes? If so, what did you hear, feel and experience?

Keep up the good work my friend.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thank you very much for such a concise post! I'm really glad I signed up for ATS now!
I know that the images I posted were late, but the GOES satellite doesn't list archived data (for the public..) as I said, they just seemed to "stand out" to me, so I saved them.

This, in addition to being a beautiful photo taken from the ISS, shows a really strong aurora in addition to I believe you have described as the cloud ring. Would you agree? This is especially interesting because of the obvious auroral activity..

I'm in Canada, and I'm interested in Earthquakes as much as I am many other earthly phenomena. I'm not a scientist, but I tend to think like one (actually I got kicked out of school in grade 9.. LOL!)

Also, I thought the increase in detected quakes was partly due to our increased ability to detect this phenomena, but if you say that activity is increasing - I'll take your word for it, you seem to be much better versed in the subject than myself.

This 2012 date keeps coming up, eh..

[edit on 13-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez because I have not reached my optimal level of caffination]

[edit on 13-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Wow!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join