It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen to the Yellowstone Warnings!!! as all these reports we're...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reklaw
reply to post by TARBOX

This is random and off subject but how'd you change your picture?
Not to your one but to a cool one like it.

I sent you a U2U as to not throw this topic off.

Let me know if you need assistance.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by huntergatherer

Comrad "huntergatherer" there are many hungry bears on Kamchatka Island that like geologists as they do any other tasty morsel, if you have read past experiences on the Island of Kamchatka.

As for the Koryakski volcano, it looks to me like its already trying to do its thing on the edge of the "Ring of Fire" on the Eastern Coast of Russia. Hopefully it will let off all kinds of pressure that must be backed up from the West of it, and also from the clockwise direction of the "Ring of Fire", because the magma around the Northern Hemisphere flows counter clockwise around the Pacific Plate.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm sorry I just had to make an account and post to this thread.

www.nationalparkstraveler.com...
(Straight from the horses mouth.)

www.usnews.com...
(Secondary Source Update)

earthquake.usgs.gov...
(Look at the last last two questions.)

history1900s.about.com...
(Let's Not Forget)

www.unews.utah.edu...
(What's this magma chamber talk all about? (For those who don't know the facts.))

volcanoes.usgs.gov...
(Excellent data on yellowstone, for the most part little speculation and just cold hard facts.)

en.wikipedia.org...
(In response to RussianScientists comment on going to Yellowstone during earth quake swarm.)

So here are the facts and speculations of credible scientists with real names. And I do not recommend going to yellowstone during these swarms due to past events. In 1959 these were precursors to a larger quake which killed (I thought it was 59) a confirmed 27 people. And I sincerely hope RussianScientists comment was in jest, because no self respecting scientist would intentionally put innocent people in harms way.

www.cuttingedge.org...

This is a map of the scattered debris from previous eruptions, not ash, chunks of rocks.

people.uwec.edu...

The above is the speculated worst case scenario of the immediate area of total destruction. And to Reklaw, not thousands, I have already done a rough estimate of 17 million based off of the 2007 Census. Some states I did not count, like Nevada because a large majority was outside the TDZ.

Regardless if it happens today tommorow or never, it doesn't matter, disaster preparedness should always be practiced whether you think something is going to happen or not. Best not get caught with your panties down.

You can do small things that can help ensure you and your family's survival. Buy one extra can of food per person in your family everday you go to the store. Have an extra medical kit on stand by. Extra bottled water is a necessary. But when your stockpile looks like enough either double it or buy an extra half. If you do these things your survival chances increase dramatically. Keep in mind (Im sure everyone here knows this) FEMA isn't the best organization to rely on.

BTW I am in no way a professional and you shouldn't take my word for face value. I'm 20 years old and barely have started college. I suggest look for your own data, ensure it is credible, and most importantly look at both sides of the view and NEVER just throw out an idea because it sounds outlandish.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by BigBLueGecko]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If really think there is something search RSOE EDIS.Its show the current state of the world.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBLueGecko

Comrad "BigBLueGecko" welcome to ATS. Of course I'm a self respecting scientist, and I really do think people should go to Yellowstone National Park and get in while the getting is good if they haven't felt an earthquake yet, that is if they want to feel one; because right now the chances are real good for a person to feel an earthquake.

The chances of getting killed at Yellowstone National Park by an earthquake is extremely small and anyone who tries to put fear into people by saying it's dangerous should stay at home and not drive an automobile because that is dangerous and they could be killed in traffic; and they should drink warm milk at night out of a plastic baby bottle with a nipple on the end of it instead of any other drink out of a glass because that might kill them. Furthermore they had better stay inside because if they go outside they might have to cross the street and they might get killed walking across the street. If they leave their house during the day they might die of skin cancer if the sunlight contacts their skin. They should also go ahead and stink instead of taking a shower in the bath tub, because they might slip and fall and break their neck.

Wake up! The danger is extremely low, its an earthquake swarm with "very small" earthquakes. If there was any chance of a dangerous earthquake the animals would know it in advance. The location is already known and by watching for anything strange activity with the animals at that particular location the danger could be predetermined. I wouldn't go mountain climbing on some mountain loaded with tons of snow above me though, a person can use common sense.

Your a good kid, but don't try to tell people to stay away from one of the greatest parks of the United States of America because of some very small earthquakes. Its like telling them to stay away from the park because it has roaming wild animals with pools of hot water and geysers that might scald you.

If you've got a chance to go to Yellowstone National Park and you want to go there and feel an earthquake, now is the time.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

From what I have read lately in regards to Yellowstone and an eruption.,...the experts there cant even begin to say when or if there will be an eruption, so my question is how are you able to say with any certanity that there wont be an eruption and that Yellowstone is a safe place to be?

Also I dont know whether or not you are a geologist or not however I think it unbecoming to one to be calling people names like idiots and things like that....since Ive been a member here that not been a very nice thing to do.....good day to you!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Reklaw

Sorry to be off topic and I dont mean to sound like a jerk, but humans have known (in the most recent forms of society anyway) that the earth was round since around 300 BCE.

The "world is flat" up until Colombus and Magellon is part myth and part crap made up by the church.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tracer

I like to be unbecoming sometimes Tracer. When you get older like me, then you don't care what other people think about yourself, and I tell people like it really is whether they want to hear the truth or not.

I studied Yellowstone National Park, specifically Old Faithful in 2006. I was a geologist and now I'm a Earthquake and WMD consultant. This post is old Tracer, it is from January of 2009, and I have been correct all of this time. There are older threads about What's Happening in Yellowstone, and I told people there the truth to, and I am not wrong, and I haven't been wrong, and I haven't lied.

I also told them there would be no major earthquake in Missouri back in 2008 when web bot stated there would be. I have the knowledge and I tell what I know with no holds barred.

Its nice to hear from you Tracer, and its nice to know how you think. You are a good person just making sure everyone is on an even keel and I like that about you. I like your avatar also. Keep up the quest my friend.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

The last time I was at Yellowstone many years ago Old Faithful wasn't very faithful. You had to wait a long time to see her go off. Was this the start of the things that are going on out there?

I too am old and when I was in grade school it seems to me we learned of a volcano in mexico where a it had been flat land. One day they find a hill there as if it happened over night then shortly after it turned into a valcano. Any chance of something like that happening where ground raises at a rapid rate and then she blows?

You are right the animals would be leaving but does your study show how long in advance would the animals leave? How far would they go even?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

The land would have to start rising considerably and some of the animals which are under constant watch would leave well in advance of the blast. So far there is no noticable uplift occurring that would be considered dangerous. So... Yellowstone National Park is safe.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reklaw
I think it was Christopher Columbus who said “the world is round.” Nobody believed him, and yet the world is round.

As I remember from studying history in Spain, Christopher Colombus did not know for certain the world was round. He didn't set out to prove the world was round. He set out to find a new, faster route to go to the Indies/India to trade there, instead he with La Pinta, La Nina, and La Santa Maria ended up on the other side of the world, in what became known as the New World.

Anyway, as for the story, could you please provide a link to where you got that excerpt you quoted?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Hi ElectricUniverse,

He just got his wires crossed when he made that statement, it happens to all of us now and then.

You are correct in your thoughts though.

Keep up the good work on keeping information correct.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
Comrad "Tarbox" you speak with forked tongue.

I was a scientist that studied "Old Faithful" in the summer of 2006 in Yellowstone National Park. I was a Geologist from the 1980s up until the year 2000; now I'm an Earthquake/Weapons of Mass Destruction Consultant. So I guess I have both my legs to stand on, and I know what I'm writing herein, in all threads.

First of all, please do not call me comrad. I was born and lived part of my life in a Communist dictatorship, and i know full well what Communism is. I still have family, including my two sisters with their kids suffering because of that same Communist dictatorship. If other members accept you calling them comrad fine, but not me. I am not trying to be rude but I know the evils of Communism all too well.

Second of all, while I agree with you in the fact that sometimes some members go over the line in some of the solutions they give to certain problems. I do not agree that you have the right to name call any of them unless you are responding to insults.

Third of all, Yellowstone, as with any other volcano, in this case super-volcano, can blow up without "much" warning. This has happened in the past and could happen again.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of signs right now that could tell us possitively that it is going to blow, but you never know.

We have been seeing an increase in seismic, and volcanic activity worldwide not only on land, but also underwater volcanoes, and since the activity has been increasing, and there is no sign that it will lessen, anything can happen.

I am not saying to panic, and to evacuate from the area around Yellowstone right now. In fact I live about 200 miles away from Yellowstone National Park. However, it is always a good idea to have a plan, and be prepared just in case the activity of Yellowstone increases and causes some major earthquake or an eruption.

The fact is that we know Yellowstone is 20,000 years overdue for a mayor eruption.

It makes perfect sense to have a plan, and be prepared, just like it makes perfect sense to have a plan of two or three ways out of San Francisco because that area is prone to large earthquakes, and a major earthquake could occur at any moment.

In the same way people living in much of Florida and cities close to the coast should also be prepared and have evacuation plans because of possible devastating hurricanes.

BTW, here is what a geologist studying Yellowstone has to say about this.

Jake Lowenstern, Ph.D.,YVO's chief scientist, who also is part of the USGS Volcano Hazards Team, told TIME that it doesn't appear a supervolcano event is imminent. "We don't think the amount of magma exists that would create one of these large eruptions of the past," he said. "It is still possible to have a volcanic eruption comparable to other volcanoes. But we would expect to see more and larger quakes, deformation and precursory explosions out of the lake. We don't believe that anything strange is happening right now." Last summer, YVO installed new instrumentation in boreholes 500 to 600 feet deep to better detect ground deformation. Says Lowenstern: "We have a lot more ability to look at all the data now.
"And how much warning would you get if Yellowstone was going to go?"
He shrugged. "Nobody was around the last time it blew, so nobody knows what the warning signs are. Probably you would have swarms of earthquakes and some surface uplift and possibly some changes in the patterns of behavior of the geysers and steam vents, but nobody really knows."

www.usnews.com...

[edit on 11-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

You are no Comrad of mine, you are an argumentative sob that goes from one post to another nit picking about crap, I've noticed that about you in the past, so I will label you as you truly are, and I will nit pick you and your crap. By the way, your avatar is ugly, hahahahaha; I'd get it fixed if I were you.

My sister and her son and my uncle are in Russia, and there is nothing wrong with Russia, so if you don't like it, stay out of Russia.

Yellowstone will give a lot of warning before it blows up.

Name one volcano that hasn't given plenty of warning. You speak with forked tongue my friend. There is not any signs right now that it is going to blow, so go blow your crap somewhere else and quit trying to scare people.

You keep blabbing that "anything can happen", you are full of bs!!!

For the people that live around Yellowstone National Park there is no need to panic, and there is no need to prepare for an eruption, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Where do you get the idea that Yellowstone has been overdue to blow for the last 20,000 years? What do you read, science fiction? If it hasn't blown then it hasn't blown, and those are the facts.

And... then you go on to blab that San Francisco could have a major earthquake at any minute; that is rubbish.

Everyones evacuation plan is simple, if the Earth is really rumbling, then get outside into the open away from things that can come down on you.

I think you enlarged the wrong parts of Jakes news to make people become scared. You should have enlarged the other parts. This thread is old, and still nothing...

Yellowstone National Park is absolutely beautiful, and if anybody wants to go there and enjoy some glorious scenery and maybe take in a couple of small earthquakes that can't possibly hurt you, then this summer would be the time to go and see a truly spectacular amount of views. The northern 2/3rds is the greatest area to go to for spectacular open expanse views.

So quit nit picking people and quit trying to scare people and grow up young man, or more people will turn on you as I just have. Don't forget to get that terrible avatar fixed, that thing is absolutely scary!

[edit on 12-6-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Ok, I am by no means an expert nor am I a scientist on the subject but I was always under the impression that a bunch of small earthquakes was a good thing.

Ill try and explain what I mean and please feel free to correct me If I am wrong.

In areas that are known to be geologically active (faults, volcanoes etc) having a bunch of small quakes or tremors was good because the pressure build up was being released in small doses instead of one BIG one.

Admittedly, I don't know if it is the same for faults as it is for volcanic areas.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

You are no Comrad of mine, you are an argumentative sob that goes from one post to another nit picking about crap, I've noticed that about you in the past, so I will label you as you truly are, and I will nit pick you and your crap. By the way, your avatar is ugly, hahahahaha; I'd get it fixed if I were you.

My sister and her son and my uncle are in Russia, and there is nothing wrong with Russia, so if you don't like it, stay out of Russia.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by RussianScientists]

Ok really you said you were how old??? As much as you seem to know your people skills could use some work. Yes the thread is old but I have heard that Yellow Stone is over due too, and what does it hurt to be ready for anything. I get that your really worries about people coming up and stimulating the economy and everything but really, telling people to come up and enjoy the earthquakes is not how I would be advertising the nature up there.

And by the way he never said what country he was from that I read and regardless Russia is an Illiberal Democracy the last time I checked, not communist. Though the legacy that communism left is still effecting those who live there...

[mod edit: fixed quote tags]

[edit on 12-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

QBSneak000 you my friend are EXACTLY CORRECT, and I mean exactly. If small earthquakes do not occur in an area like Yellowstone National Park then pressure would slowly build up and create a much larger earthquake. The smaller earthquakes are usually letting off pressure.

If a magma bubble was forming under Yellowstone National Park, then in order to form a magma bubble the ground would have to be deformed tremendously.

Right now Yellowstone National Park is a Caldera, meaning it is still a very large depression, the remains of an ancient blast, probably triggered by a massive meteorite striking Yellowstone, that's probably why there is an entire mountain nearby that is upside down in geological strata that geologists study. It is the only mountain in the world that is geologically backwards to the rest of the worlds strata.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by saber13

Hi Saber13,

I'm 48, I don't know how I made it this long, but it is truly a miracle.

I know he said he didn't come from Russia, by my people don't need argumentative people around that want to put fear into anybody.

Yes, people should go to Yellowstone National Park and enjoy the beauty and a few small earthquakes. I get nothing for sending or telling people to go to one of the most beautiful places on Earth. I don't live up there, its probably a thousand miles from my abode. I don't get any compensation, nor do I work for any group, company or whatever that might make money off of me for telling people to go out and enjoy the beauty up there. I do it because I want people to experience the wild up close.

Where else in the world can you go and experience driving around all day down inside of an ancient Super Volcano and see geysers, heated pools, deer, elk, wolves, bear, moose, buffalo's and a host of other wild life?

You can experience it alone, with family or with a large group of people.

Go and drive around inside of the Super Volcano and enjoy pristine beauty all around you. There are roads everywhere, and you can probably rent out a moped or motorcycle in the northern part of the park and really have a ball on the roads as wild animals are walking or running past you.

If you are lucky you can rent a cabin just north of the park in Montana like I did in a city at the top of the park. My cabin looked down on the city and the river and all of northern Yellowstone National Park, the view was breath taking.

Take Care My Friend.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There is a proven correlation between solar activity and terrestrial tectonic activity...

The sun is entering it's active phase..

Do the math.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Hi Broken Head Phonez,

That is a new theory, that sun spots and major earthquake activity here on the earth are connected, and it is factless.

The sun has been basically without solar activity for quite some time, and yet big earthquakes still strike, like the one off Hondurus within the last month; so do the math yourself my friend.

Here is a nice set of data to chew on, showing that activity is increasing on the Earth at a striking rate; perhaps the 2012 era will bring on tremendous activity never seen before in our written history.

www.earth.webecs.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join