It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen to the Yellowstone Warnings!!! as all these reports we're...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
All these reports we’re hearing cant all be wrong, can they?
The last few months have apparently been the worst on record. I don’t know if they’re the exact words I heard, but never the less, it’s important to take all this on board.

So many people have been saying: ‘something will happen soon, you need to evacuate’, but just because they’re not experts people tend not to give it a second thought. I think it was Christopher Columbus who said “the world is round.” Nobody believed him, and yet the world is round.
Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t know what is going to happen, but are you not better safe than sorry? I would rather not see newspaper headlines with the words, ‘Thousands dead, world shook!!!’ It would be one thing to have a world changing experience without thinking about all the people this world has lost, agreed? I’m not saying move, run, kiss your butts goodbye, I’m just saying be careful. NO ONE wants more innocent people to die.
Look at this…

The small quakes include three more Friday that measured stronger than magnitude 3.0. The University of Utah Seismic Stations say the strongest was 3.5.

Several hundred quakes centered under the northern end of Yellowstone Lake have now occurred since Dec. 26. No damage has been reported.

Earthquake swarms happen fairly often in Yellowstone. But scientists say it's unusual for so many earthquakes to happen over several days.

Yellowstone lies mostly in northwestern Wyoming and is the caldera of a volcano that last erupted 70,000 years ago. Scientists have not concluded what is causing the earthquakes.

But do we really know what is going to happen?
If it were to erupt what would happen to the rest of the world?
I heard it will fill with ash and dust, we would then find it hard to breath. If this were to be the case, I would recommend you get a breathing mask, maybe one from a hard wear store?(can someone possibly tell us if they will work please, as I think ash is thicker than dust.) Because if something happened I believe people will panic and this ‘may’ result in a shortage of facial protection. I have heard so much stuff and I wish anyone it effects all the best, but again I dont now what to believe. Is it just a hoax many people have took a part in because of the activity the volcano has produced? Has it not been told to us straight because of the panic it will cause? There are so many questions, but I really want to know this one.

Just how would Yellowstone effect the rest of the world?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Oh my you're gonna get flamed for this post.

So you know you're not the only one feeling a sense of URGENCY about the movement of the earth (seismic and volcanic) I'll add my own nutty thoughts to the mix.

I personally think people living within 300 miles of the San Francisco area should be getting ready to leave! yellowstone has experienced some unusual movement of water, and with over 270 quakes accounted for thus far it's clear that the relative tectonic plates are moving/slipping or are getting ready to.

I don't think yellowstone is going to blow in our lifetime Well my lifetime anyway as I'm 40 (soon))

Myself personally I'm keeping an eye on the san fran area and Oregon (offshore).

Until yellowstone actually errupts or san Fran crumbles though I think it's safe to say no ones gonna heed any warnings...even though they are well intentioned.

Alarmists we are.

I'll take that title gladly if even a few people listen and get out of dodge

fire away.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Comrad "Reklaw" there is no need to panic and get all crazy over the current earthquake activity in Yellowstone National Park. Yes there is an earthquake swarm taking place, but there is no need to get alarmed.

My personal thoughts are that you and others should drive up there and get a good feel for earthquakes; hahahahaha.

In all reality comrad Reklaw, a conduit carrying some type of fluid has failed, and Nature is looking for a new conduit for the fluid to pass through and that is why there is all of these "SMALL" earthquakes all of a sudden. The fluid is most likely super heated WATER, and possibly a new Geyser will be the product of all this activity.

If the ground level out there in Yellowstone National Park starts rising feet per day and then meters per day; yes then there would be cause for alarm, because it would mean that a magma bubble is forming underneath of the Caldera, or crater. This is not occurring, so that basically means that hot water is finding a new location to burst through the surface in a venting style called a Geyser, of which Yellowstone National Park has many. Wouldn't it be nice to see a new Geyser in Yellowstone National Park in the Summer and get to feel a few small earthquakes on a vacation.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Comrad "Reklaw" there is no need to panic and get all crazy over the current earthquake activity in Yellowstone National Park. Yes there is an earthquake swarm taking place, but there is no need to get alarmed.

Comrad Russian Scientist....

Sorry if this sounds rude, but I can't help myself.

Are you one of the scientists at Yellowstone? Are you working there daily with the other scientists? What are your credentials for making such claims? Are you even a geologist? If not, you, like the guy (Sanders) that initially made the warning, have no leg to stand on.

On the other thread.... What's going on at Yellowstone The people there have been doing their own research and don't by any stretch of the imagination claim to be right or wrong. This is just their opinion as I am sure from your last post, is yours. If I am not mistaken, your "viewpoints" on that thread were shut down too and your claims were unfounded.

My personal thoughts are that you and others should drive up there and get a good feel for earthquakes; hahahahaha.

Yeah...real funny. And I'll bet you have never even been to Yellowstone or felt an earthquake.

The internet is such a fun place isn't it? We get to "pretend" to be whoever we want to be. You're a Russian Scientist, and I am a Timelord from Gallifrey.

Reklaw has every right to believe what he wants to believe. No one knows if Yellowstone is going to blow or not. No one does so all we can do is keep watch, maybe make preparations, and stand ready.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Reklaw

The reports are indeed not all wrong, they just don't lead up to a conclusion. It is very, very difficult to predict anything at all on the side of geology... scientists wish there was, that is one of the reasons everything is being monitored so well. So that maybe one day they can conclude something from the data.

Now nobody can really tell how or when a supervolcano is going to blow. We don't have data enough to know it. However other vulcanology studies show that a swarm doesn't necesarry lead up to a vulcano eruption. However, like said, there is no data at all on supervolcano's about that. (except for the fact that the previous swarm did not lead to an eruption)

In my humble opinion anything could happen at any time in terms of natural disasters. Some things are more predictable than other things. If you don't live near a volcano than you will live in an area with other natural dissaster risks. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? There is nowhere totally safe.

You want to know what happens in the worst case scenario. Worst case is a supervolcano eruption of huge proportions. The first effects will be in the immediate radius of the volcano, depending on windspeed, winddirection and lavaflow. Where lava, falling stones and the pyroclastic cloud will move everything will be destroyed. Ashes will gather in the atmospere, taking out daylighth and thus effecting a huge part of the world, and almost instantly changing the climate. There is however an upside to those ashes, they will make a lot of fertile land at comming down. As for the weather conditions think colder... global warming won't be a concern anymore.

But not all yellowstone eruptions need to be of that proportions. Some scientists believe the magma chambers aren't that full and some say the magma has cooled down a bit.

Other dangers for the specific yellowstone area are earthquakes, explosions (of geysers or chambers filled with gas), landslides, toxic fumes and a sudden drop of land (think litteraly about a hole dropping in the floor/road/dirt)

I hope this answers some of your questions.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hey.... making light of something you have absolutely zero control over, is suicide.

The facts are, something did happen and there is a pretty good chance nature will replay the event, no matter what you think.

This would be a world altering event.

We are very vulnerable in North America. Our food distribution network will be one of the first things to collapse.

Are you ready for that, or is 40 old enough to live?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

I dont think that is something I would like to see, or experience, but thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't think anybody wants to see or experience it, but at least you have your answer now, next to a couple of other things that can happen and that aren't near as bad. (Luckely!)

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Comrad "Tarbox" you speak with forked tongue.

I was a scientist that studied "Old Faithful" in the summer of 2006 in Yellowstone National Park. I was a Geologist from the 1980s up until the year 2000; now I'm an Earthquake/Weapons of Mass Destruction Consultant. So I guess I have both my legs to stand on, and I know what I'm writing herein, in all threads.

Those people on the other thread are doing their own research by making all kinds of accusations, some of them want to drill tunnels to the Pacific coast to let the magma under Yellowstone flow there, others want to use atomic bombs to hopefully end a volcanic eruption; are these people sane? The answer is no. They can do all the research and make all kinds of hypothetical stories they want but in the end, on this thread and that thread, what I said are the same, and what I say makes the most sense, and my background is far greater than all of your backgrounds put together on this subject matter.

I was not shut down on the other thread, I simply left it because of all the idiots there. If you want to blow up Yellowstone National Park like those idiots with atomic bombs then by all means go back and be with them. If you don't have half a brain and see that I'm right, then that is too bad for you.

Yes, we know that Yellowstone National Park is not going to blow. Do you know why? The Earths surface is not deforming upwards fast enough or far enough, that is why. If the Earths surface was deforming upwards feet to meters per day in Yellowstone National Park, then yes we would expect an explosion, but because this is not occurring, then there will not be a devastating explosion.

Are you telling me that a balloon half full of air will explode on its own? No it will not. The balloon must fill up, in order to explode. Do you think that the little bit of Earth material above the magma chamber under the Yellowstone Caldera is to weak to lift the Caldera if it the magma chamber wanted to expand in order to pop like a ballon full of air? No, if the magma chamber starts to fill, it would definitely fill considerably more area under the Caldera and the would be smoke (not steam) rising from all kinds of new areas in Yellowstone National Park.

So until you see all of this happening, you are just some fool out panicing yourself and others if you go around and say don't go to Yellowstone National Park because there is danger. Well, right now there is no real danger. The only danger that can exist out there right now is a fairly large earthquake over 5.0 in magnitude; but there is no chance of a volcanic explosion right now.

If you go over to the other geology forums and earthquake forums, you will see that these people don't even care, and all of you nuts that don't know squat about earthquakes are telling everybody that the world will end; I'm sorry to ruin your day but the world will not end and the Yellowstone National Park is safe.

If Yellowstone National Park were not safe then ALL of the ANIMALS in YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK would be leaving the park, and that is not occurring. There was a wolf that even went out and got hiself on the cam with Old Faithful just recently, and he wasn't scared; so why are you and all of those other idiots so scared, and you don't even live there.

You don't have a degree in geology, and I do.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Well, anyone can say they are "anyone" behind the keyboard.

You seem to know what you are talking about for the most part so I will just leave it at that.

But some thing you should know.

1: I don't speak with a forked tongue, I am here to seek the truth.

2: I never claimed to be knowledgeable about earthquakes or the like.

3: I never agreed to the fact that Yellowstone is going to blow soon. I only stated that no one knows for sure.

4: I never told or inferred that anyone should "run for the hills" to evoke panic.

That other thread... yes there were some people that had no idea what they were talking about. But for the most part, they were just collecting data to figure out what was going on.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TARBOX

Comrad "TARBOX" it's good to hear from you, and that you have changed your tune so now you are definitely not speaking with a forked tongue, that is good for all of us to see that you are a good person, and that you have seen the truth. Thanks, for being a real good person.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
Comrad "Tarbox" you speak with forked tongue.

I was not shut down on the other thread, I simply left it because of all the idiots there. If you want to blow up Yellowstone National Park like those idiots with atomic bombs then by all means go back and be with them. If you don't have half a brain and see that I'm right, then that is too bad for you.

.....If Yellowstone National Park were not safe then ALL of the ANIMALS in YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK would be leaving the park, and that is not occurring. There was a wolf that even went out and got hiself on the cam with Old Faithful just recently, and he wasn't scared; so why are you and all of those other idiots so scared, and you don't even live there.

You don't have a degree in geology, and I do.

Eewwww....
Perhaps a bit of humility and respect would be in order here?
Your bedside manner is lacking. There are no idiots on the other thread.
There are only people expressing ideas outside of the box -
This is how some solutions are born.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Ok, so I like what you have said about it not errupting, but I fear I believe it because I want to believe it...
So, right now there is no cause for alarm, but if the size of it were to change, we would then look more into it?
My thing now is that, is it not possible that these small earthquakes are not helping the situation, meaning could they possibly trigger something off, due to there being 'ALOT' more of them?

I'm a 'glass is half empty' kind of person.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Comrad "spinkyboo" my patients are short sometimes, especially when I see people wanting to destroy something that is not theirs, like Yellowstone National Park. That park is beautiful, and full of animal life, and the animals will be the first to alert anyone if anything is not right.

I don't like people who like to use atomic bombs. Spinkygoo what would you call people on the other threads that would like to use an atomic bomb to possibly eliminate a volcanic explosion in Yellowstone National Park? Good neighbors? Bright thinking people? or idiots? Tell the truth spinkboo.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

Eewwww....
Perhaps a bit of humility and respect would be in order here?
Your bedside manner is lacking. There are no idiots on the other thread.
There are only people expressing ideas outside of the box -
This is how some solutions are born.

It's kinda my fault because I called him out.

It's just that we see so much deception by some here with their claims that sometimes you have to wonder.

So it was pretty much my fault and got that response.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
reply to post by spinkyboo

Comrad "spinkyboo" my patients are short sometimes, especially when I see people wanting to destroy something that is not theirs, like Yellowstone National Park. That park is beautiful, and full of animal life, and the animals will be the first to alert anyone if anything is not right.

I don't like people who like to use atomic bombs. Spinkygoo what would you call people on the other threads that would like to use an atomic bomb to possibly eliminate a volcanic explosion in Yellowstone National Park? Good neighbors? Bright thinking people? or idiots? Tell the truth spinkboo.

Some people are already destroying Yellowstone.
The same people who destroy much of our planet.

www.yellowstone.net...
nothoney.wordpress.com...

Atomic bombs - obviously not a good choice.
Calling people idiots - also not a good choice.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Reklaw

Comrad "Reklaw" its good to see that you and the others on this site are the "good guys", that is very impressive, and very noble.

The earthquakes are small and many in a very short period of time, meaning that they are really trying to create a new conduit for some sort of liquid (like super heated water) to travel through, hopefully to create a new geyser.

The animals are everyones best source of "hey something isn't right, and its time to leave". I don't hear any sources saying that there is a mass migration of animals from the park. Nor, do I hear any scientists saying that the caldera is starting to bulg upwards feet or meters per day like a balloon getting ready to blow; and if it did start bulging like that, there would be smoke rising in different areas, and the forests would probably catch on fire, and then something might happen, but until then, lets all enjoy that beautiful park for all it has to give.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TARBOX

This is random and off subject but how'd you change your picture?
Not to your one but to a cool one like it.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

What is your assessment on the volcano which recently erupted after 3,500 of dormatcy in Russia?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Oh, good.
See when you come up against so many people all shouting different things it's hard to have an opinion, or back up a fact sometimes. I was sceptical at first reading about Yellowstone, but then everyone started shouting the same thing. So this makes you think, What the hell? Thanks for your words on this thread. Same goes for everyone else, as I enjoy people taking the time to share.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join