It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Pineal Gland Research

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Your probably right.

Looks more like a stone any idea what kind it might be?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
After I saw that Wilcocks guy talk about this, I woke up one morning and i thought I heard something, I can't really define what it was. I thought Hmm, I'll meditate on this, like that guy said...I doubt it'll work but its worth a try. So I closed my eyes, blanked my mind, and started taking deep slow breaths. Then my heart started beating really fast and my ears started ringing really loudly. I opened my eyes then because I was plain freaked out.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
I wouldn't say that dmt is one of the most illegal substances in the world today.
It's legal in many part of Europe, including Denmark, where I live. Actually there is a store that sells it quite close to where i live

I have heard that there are also exceptions in America, if you are part of a native tribe where Dmt has ritualistic properties.

I think one of the reasons it's so controversial (apart from it's potency) is that you have to take something called a "Maoi-inhibitor" (sp?) in order to be able to absorb it. The catch is that this inhibitor pretty much disables your liver/kidneys, so if you drink a beer, for example, it can be quite dangerous...

I would definitely not recommend trying to achieve by artificial means, however, as there is great potential for a negative experience & emotional setback.

No necessarilly, the inhibitor only needs to be used if your buying the "pure" '___', if you chemical process it yourself out of Memosa, you can pop it just like bloter.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thank you for the very informative post.
This information lies right on the trail that i am on to.
I'll just spunge up all the information and will get back if i can add any thing usefull.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

The sixth chakra's color is indigo or dark blue and some stones used for this chakra are Amethysts, Sugolite or sodalite?, lapis lazuli, and strangely enough fluorite violette which is calcium fluoride.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Very good thread, thanks. Im very interested in reversing the blocking of our 3rd eye, I hope it is a reversable state as I know I can open mine but not freely. Something is blocking it most of the time..I will read over your excellent intro later, thanks. Lets hope we can discuss this further and help many to see further, including myself.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

he actually starts talking about the gland in part 4 i think...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Don't drink anything with Fluoride in it. Fluoride prevents the pineal gland from working. If you cut out Fluoride from your diet, you will be better in touch with making your pineal gland working. If you go to www.divinecosmos.com... David Wilcock talks about this as well as Alex Jones from www.infowars.com....

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hmmm. There seem so be more to this than "meets the eye". I have seen pictures of the Vatican grounds and there is a statue of what looks like a tall "pine cone"? Also Hubble pics of something, (sorry, can't recall the name) that looks like an eye. Great info at this site www.hiddenmeanings.com

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Great thread. Its all ways nice to see a thread that is thoroughly researched and thought out.

About a month ago my g/f and I were out shopping for a water purifier. We were looking over what each one filtered out and they all specifically said they didn't block fluoride. As this is the reason I wanted a purifier I was a little irritated. When she asked why I told her I didn't want fluoride in my water. She got upset telling me that that was dumb, and asked why then would kids in Germany have to take fluoride. I didn't want to argue with her over this: she's a woman not like I would have won, but it just goes to show how TPTB have worked there magic. I might have to show her this thread, but then I doubt she'll take it any more serious then she took me.

When I say just goes to show how TPTB have worked there magic I mean that she has a bachelor in Biology(not sure what area specifically), a bachelor in nursing, and a master in business. Yet she still thinks fluoride is good for the body.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by hILB3rT]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hey great thread, I'm prettytsure though that '___' is ONLY released during birth and death. It is one of the only drugs that creates a similar experience with each user. I really like the speech about '___' by Mr.Rogan of UFC and Fear Factor fame

Joe Rogan Speaks '___'

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Don't forget to watch this Movie from 86.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

you have to take something called a "Maoi-inhibitor" (sp?) in order to be able to absorb it.

Only if you ingest it, that's how the shamans in south america have been taking it for thousands of years. You can get around this by smoking it, it doesn't last long but jesus it works.

RE-Microchip, yea it's definitely a chip :p

Also you guys should be interested to know there is a doco coming out this year, i think related to Strassman's work for the book '___': The Spirit Molecule. Be sure to check it out!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Pineal Gland: A Cognitive Advantage for Africans
Genetics
E-mail Print
Article Index
Pineal Gland: A Cognitive Advantage for Africans
References
All Pages
Page 1 of 2

The pineal gland is responsible for the production of melatonin, a hormone that is secreted in response to darkness, and is also the site in the brain where the highest levels of Serotonin can be found (Sun et al, 2001). In the pineal, 5-HT (Serotonin) concentration displays a remarkable diurnal pattern, with day levels much higher than night levels. Serotonin plays an important role in sleep, perception, memory, cardiovascular activity, respiratory activity, motor output, sensory and neuroendocrine function.

By Bernie Douglas (January 17, 2008)

Racial differences have been noted in the rate of pineal calcification as seen in plain skull radiographs. In Caucasians, calcified pineal is visualized in about 50% of adult skull radiographs after the age of 40 years (Wurtman et al, 1964); other scholars argue that Caucasians, in general, may have rates of pineal gland calcification as high as ­60-80% (King, 2001). Murphy (1968) reported a radiological pineal calcification rate of 2% from Uganda, while Daramola and Olowu (1972) in Lagos, Nigeria found a rate of 5%. Adeloye and Felson (1974) found that calcified pineal was twice as common in White Americans as in Blacks in the same city, strengthening a suspicion that there may be a true racial difference with respect to this apparatus. In India a frequency of 13.6% was found (Pande et al, 1984). Calcified pineal gland is a common finding in plain skull radiographs and its value in identifying the midline is still complementary to modern neuroradiological imaging.

There is a surprising rarity of calcified pineal gland on skull roentgenograms in West Africans. Adeloye and Odeku (1967) working from a hospital where an average of about 2,000 skull roentgenographic examinations were done every year, encountered less than 10 cases of roentgenologically visible calcified pineal gland in the Neurosurgery unit during a period of 10 years. In the tasks of daily life, calcification in the pineal gland affects our brain's ability to function. Calcification of the pineal gland is shown to be closely related to defective sense of direction (Bayliss et al, 1985). In a tricentre prospective study of 750 patients lateral skull radiographs showed that 394 had calcified pineal glands. Sense of direction was assessed by subjective questioning and objective testing and the results noted on a scale of 0-10 (where 10 equals perfect sense of direction). The average score for the 394 patients with pineal gland calcification was 3.7 (range 0-8), whereas the 356 patients without pineal gland calcification had an average score of 7.6 (range 2-10). This difference was highly significant (p less than 0.01) (Bayliss et al, 1985). Also, the effects of disturbed sleep and memory are well documented.

The Pineal Gland looks like a miniature pine cone and is situated in the middle of the brain beneath the two brain halves, surrounded by the ventricles, under the roof of the corpus callosum (cross-beam connecting the 2 brain halves). This active organ has, together with the Pituitary Gland, the next highest blood circulation after the kidneys. The pineal gland is responsible for the production of melatonin, a hormone that is secreted in response to darkness, and is also the site in the brain where the highest levels of Serotonin can be found (Sun et al, 2001). In the pineal, 5-HT (Serotonin) concentration displays a remarkable diurnal pattern, with day levels much higher than night levels. Serotonin plays an important role in sleep, perception, memory, cardiovascular activity, respiratory activity, motor output, sensory and neuroendocrine function.

One study has shown a reciprocal relationship between the pineal and pituitary gland so that if the pineal is impaired, it affects the pituitary (Karasek and Reiter, 1982). This has a whole cascade of effects on the other glands and hormone production. The pituitary gland is an endocrine gland located at the base of the brain, and produces hormones, such as growth hormone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone and thyroid stimulating hormone.

Pineal indolamine (e.g. Melatonin/Serotonin) and peptide hormones influence immune functions. Melatonin, in particular, increases immune memory while T-dependent antigene immunization stimulates antibody production. According to Maestroni (1993), in an article published in the Journal of Pineal Research a tight physiological link between the pineal gland and the immune system is emerging that might reflect the evolutionary connection between self-recognition and reproduction. He goes further, mentioning that Pinealectomy or other experimental methods which inhibit melatonin synthesis and secretion induce a state of immunodepression which is counteracted by melatonin. In general, melatonin appears to have an immunoenhancing effect. An interesting observation is the apparent protection from autoimmune diseases in areas of West Africa and especially in places where malaria is a problem (Greenwood, 1968).

Scholars believe the reduction in melatonin with age may be contributory to aging and the onset of age-related diseases. This theory is based on the observation that melatonin is the most potent hydroxyl radical scavenger thus far discovered (Reiter, 1995). Prominent theories of aging attributes the rate of aging to accumulated free radical damage (Proctor, 1989; Reiter, 1995), and as Caucasians have higher rates of pineal calcification, which produces melatonin which is a vital free radical scavenger, some suspect that people of European descent may actually age faster than those from other continents.

Pineal gland calcification has also been implicated in the onset of Multiple sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis is an autoimmune disease that affects the central nervous system (CNS). The CNS consists of the brain, spinal cord, and the optic nerves. Neuroradiological research has shown the pineal gland to be involved in the pathophysiology of Multiple Sclerosis. In a 1991 study by Sandyk R, and Awerbuch G.I published in the “International Journal of Neuroscience”, it was shown that Pineal Calcification was found in 100 % of MS patients. The strikingly high prevalence of pineal calcification in Multiple sclerosis provides indirect support for an association between MS and abnormalities of the pineal gland (Sandyk and Awerbuch, 1991). Multiple Sclerosis tends to affect Caucasians disproportionately, and is nearly unheard of in Africa and is rare among African Americans. A high prevalence of pineal calcification has also been linked to bipolar disorder.
References:

Adeloye, A., and Odeku, E. L (1972). Preliminary study of pineal gland in Nigerian African. Rev.neuro-psiquiat.,1972, I, 54-77

Adeloye D., Felson B. (1974). Incidence of normal pineal gland calcification in skull roentgenograms of black and white Americans. American Journal of Roentgenology VOL. 122, No. 3.

Bayliss CR, Bishop NL, Fowler RC (1985). Pineal gland calcification and defective sense of direction. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1985 Dec 21-28;291(6511):1758-9.

Daramola, G. F., and Olowu, A. 0. (1972). Physiological and radiological implications of low incidence of pineal calcification in Nigeria. Neuroendocrinology, 1972, 9, 41-57.

Greenwood BM. Autoimmune disease and parasitic infections in Nigerians. Lancet 1968;i:380-2.

Karasek M, Reiter RJ (1982). A reciprocal relationship between the adenohypophysis and the pineal gland. Med Hypotheses. 1982 Jul;9(1):1-9.

King R. (2001). Melanin: A Key to Freedom. Lushena Books.

Kunz D, Schmitz S, Mahlberg R, Mohr A, Stoter C, Wolf KJ, Herrmann WM. (1999) A new concept for melatonin deficit: on pineal calcification and melatonin excretion. Neuropsychopharmacology. 1999 Dec;21(6):765-72.

Maestroni GJ (1993). The immunoneuroendocrine role of melatonin. J Pineal Res. 1993 Jan;14(1):1-10.

Murphy, N. B. (1968). Carotid cerebral angiography in Uganda: review of boo consecutive cases. East African M. 7.,1968,45,47-60.

Odeku, E.I., and Janota, I. Intracranial masses- Ibadan (1967). West African M.F., 1967, 16, 31-42.

Proctor P.H. (1989). Free Radicals and Human Disease. CRC Handbook of Free Radicals and Antioxidants, vol 1 (1989), p209-221.

Reiter RJ. (1995): The pineal gland and melatonin in relation to aging: a summary of the theories and of the data Exp Gerontol. 1995 May-Aug;30(3-4):199-212.

Sandyk R, Awerbuch G.I. The Pineal Gland in Multiple Sclerosis. International Journal of Neuroscience 1991; 61: 61.

Sun X., Deng J., Liu T., and Borjigin J. (2001). Circadian 5-HT production regulated by adrenergic signaling. PNAS April 2, 2002 vol. 99 no. 7 4686–4691.

Wurtman, R. J., Axelrod, J., and Barchas, J. D (1964). Age and enzyme activity in human pineal. Letter to the editor. 7. C/in. Endocrinol. & Metabol., 1964,24, 299-301.
Maestroni GJ (1993). The immunoneuroendocrine role of melatonin. J Pineal Res. 1993 Jan;14(1):1-10.

Murphy, N. B. (1968). Carotid cerebral angiography in Uganda: review of boo consecutive cases. East African M. 7.,1968,45,47-60.

Odeku, E.I., and Janota, I. Intracranial masses- Ibadan (1967). West African M.F., 1967, 16, 31-42.

Proctor P.H. (1989). Free Radicals and Human Disease. CRC Handbook of Free Radicals and Antioxidants, vol 1 (1989), p209-221.

Reiter RJ. (1995): The pineal gland and melatonin in relation to aging: a summary of the theories and of the data Exp Gerontol. 1995 May-Aug;30(3-4):199-212.

Sandyk R, Awerbuch G.I. The Pineal Gland in Multiple Sclerosis. International Journal of Neuroscience 1991; 61: 61.

Sun X., Deng J., Liu T., and Borjigin J. (2001). Circadian 5-HT production regulated by adrenergic signaling. PNAS April 2, 2002 vol. 99 no. 7 4686–4691.

Wurtman, R. J., Axelrod, J., and Barchas, J. D (1964). Age and enzyme activity in human pineal. Letter to the editor. 7. C/in. Endocrinol. & Metabol., 1964,24, 299-301.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The big reason why people associate the gland with the eye, is the gland everynight, of every persons life, excretes a chemical called '___'. Which is the most illegal substance known to man. This chemical is actually the reason why you dream, its a drug trip every night really.

Being a person who has dabbled in all hallucinogens (mostly) i did come accross some '___' that had been extracted from a Mamosa treet. And i can honestly tell you, my third eye was open after that, and has been since.

In any case it is a very interesting organ, does alot of neat things.

Most illegal substance known to man???
Any sources?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dmthead2012

Quality post there.
Worthy of a thread in the research forum I would suggest? I've been looking at some of the sources you reference and they are spot on, some real interesting stuff.
This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for, with no access to the university library anymore and no time to go to the municipial library I value the information. It's a chore in itself wading through the internet... never mind leaving the house to look at actual paper books!!
If you've done any other work like this get it on here, people will always be grateful.
Cheers

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
reply to post by and14263

Good source of information here. Did you realize the girl in the picture had a microchip?

Another talked about substance would be a tea called Soma, Cannabis Sativa and Amanita Muscaria.

Anyhow, it would be nice if we could compile a list of the things mentioned above in your last post, where they are available for purchase and cost.

Hi all, this is my second post on the boards, I just wanted to reply to this comment and add another plant called Salvia Divinorum, also known as Salvia. It is a member of the sage family and is used in shamanistic rituals to produce an effect "similar" to '___'. It is legal in many states and can be purchased in smoke shops. There are varying strengths of Salvia extracts, and I suggest starting at 10x and working your way up. The concentrations of the extracts do not change how strong the trip is, just how little of it is needed to bring on the effect.

I mention that it is "similar" to '___' because it is not always the religious experience that '___' is suggested by many to be, but its the closest thing you can get legally. It is more random, although I've never tried anything like it. Another image was literally trying to force itself into my field of view, and it felt like other beings were there trying to show me something but I was fighting it since it was so alien to me. Just be wise and always have a sitter when you're trying these things so as to not get up and hurt yourself accidentally. Thankfully the trips are short in duration, around 5-10 minutes, same with '___'. These drugs are NON addictive, believe me you don't want to do these often, they're that strange.

A good book to check out is "The Spirit Molecule" by Dr. Rick Strassman. Admittedly I haven't had the chance to read it yet, but it has many good reviews and its first on my list once I have some time to buy and read it.

Here is a nice website for the extraction of '___', for educational purposes:
www.erowid.org...

The most effective way I've heard to take it is by smoking it. Doing the maoi way can be dangerous, and is not recommended. I believe why its so hard to find is because it takes so long to make it, and for just a little amount. It's not very cost effective. I still don't know why its illegal; its similar to salvia in that it doesn't last long at all, and its actually a more pleasant experience. I guess the powers that be just don't want us to have it.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreensGoblin

Hi, you seem to have linked to Wilky D part 1 but I googled Rogan and found some good stuff.

reply to post by Hendu

That film looks spot on. I will be looking for that tonight!

Note to mods... as my RATS subscription is nearing an end is there any way you could possibly censor any replies here that may result in this thread being moved?No worries if this is not the done thing.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by and14263]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here is an ongoing, excellent thread on this subject! Hope it helps! Just about everything you can do for your pineal gland!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

RE: '___' and 5-MeO-'___'...

I STRONGLY recommend NOT doing this. It is extremely dangerous. Regardless of whether you smoke it (freebase) or ingest it. It can lead to extreme hallucinations, ongoing residual mental confusion and paranoia.

If you seek to enlighten yourself or increase your spirituality, I suggest good old hard research and meditation. Start with lucid dreaming and shoot for Astral Projection and/or Out of Body Experience. Eventually, these offer you the safest path to confront what you seek, with the advantage of sanity.

All that I know is that I know nothing -Socrates

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join