It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richardson to withdraw bid for Obama cabinet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm shocked. I suppose I shouldn't be .. considering he's a poltiician and all. But I had no idea anything like this was going on with him.

I've always considered Richardson to be highly qualified and relatively scandal free. Guess not. For him to drop the cabinet bid so fast like that tells me he thinks he's going to be very busy with legal matters.

It's a shame. He would have been a good VP for Hillary or a good Secretary of State for Obama. Oh well ...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

While I like Richardson he is another politician that through the years has contributed to the down fall of our economy.

He is call a traitor that supported the export of american jobs oversea with free trade.

How can this person help keep jobs in America when he is pro shipping them oversea.

Governor Bill Richardson (New Mexico) is an avid “free trade” proponent and a supporter of NAFTA and other regional and international trade liberalization agreements. In 1998 he called for the creation of a “hemispheric-wide free trade agreement” not dissimilar to the North American Union, and despite his recent calls for all new “free trade” agreements to include stipulations regarding worker safety, wages and the environment he has still not called for revisiting the conditions of NAFTA and other trade agreements.

Like any other polticians in this nation he has been corrupted by power and lobbyists. and for this I believe he is guiltyof what he has been linked to.

From 1998-2001 Richardson served as the Energy Secretary in the Clinton White House. During this time several Department of Energy officials were implicated in planned attempts to sell or otherwise release American nuclear secrets to the Chinese government. He was derided by Congress for not taking action in the case much sooner, and allowing the problem to escalate out of control.

Sorry people but it seems that is not longer any honest politician in this nation

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Sorry people but it seems that is not longer any honest politician in this nation

good question, I always liked Richardson too, until he dumped on Hillary to support Obama, not that I like Hillary, I thought it was odd

When we get a new face in politics, the media trashes them with so much propaganda they don't have a chance,

Who's running this show?

Are all our leaders sell outs, I don't understand how this has become so wide spread, how could all these politicians become so dishonest?

Is it just another symptom of our moral decline as a Nation?

There is so much i could say, but it is pointless.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

This is really sad, Richardson was the best person on Barrack's Cabinet. Although I thought he should be Sec of State not Hillary.

I am sure that Bill will be cleared in this and guess what people, aint even a democrat, I am a right leaning independent but I have always respected Bill Richardson very much as a peace maker and a diplomat.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
OMG!!!
Another Democrat caught up in a pay-to-play scandal!?!?
I'm floored! Weeeeeeelllllll, I thinks it's obvious where our politicians are these days - in the pockets of their corporate financiers. As long as there is money in politics, especially for the purposes of "Campaigning" this will continue - and to be clear, this is a problem on BOTH sides of the aisle.

My primary concern right now, as we get ready to engage a new administration... is this is Obama's SECOND appointment linked to pay-to-play. Not a good start in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
reply to post by Stormdancer777

So that's three scandals related to Democrats. None of it will stick to Obama. Should we use this thread to name every scandal that involves a Republican?

There will always be people ready to dig the dirt on any president. It would be very surprising if there were not. Save your malicious glee for something of real substance.

Why, then that would make it off topic

I usually don't debate, mostly because most people don't want to find middle ground, they form their own opinions, and all my words usually fall on deaf ears, after years of this, I just post information and let people form their own opinion,

Watching this process is shocking.

Shocking how many ways a person will squirm in order to protect their interest.

LOL @ "malicious glee"

Squirm much?

How much joy did bashing Bush for years give you?

[edit on 103131p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
New Mexico politics has always been rife with nepotism, graft, corruption and greed. I had of hoped that Gov. Bill might have broken the tradition but it looks like an investigation will be needed to clear his name.

It's common knowledge that if you want to do business in Santa Fe, certain palms need to be greased regardless of which party is in office.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
hotair.com...

Sources tell ABC News that officials on the Obama Transition Team feel that before he was formally offered the job of commerce secretary, New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson was not forthcoming with them about the federal investigation that is looking into whether the governor steered a state contract towards a major financial contributor.
Once the investigation became more widely known through national media reports last month, sources tell ABC News, the Obama Transition Team realized the FBI would not be able to give Richardson a clean political bill of health before the new administration is ready to send his nomination up to the Senate for confirmation.

Richardson and his team defend themselves:

The Richardson camp says the governor was forthcoming, with sources close to the governor noting that there had been reports about the controversy in local media such as the Albuquerque Journal as far back as August 2008. The governor discussed the investigation with the Obama team, they say, and believes that he and his administration have done nothing wrong.

blogs.abcnews.com...

How many people does this make now that Obama just didn't know?

How many times does this have to happen before even his supporters start to wonder, WTF?

Karma?

Wonder if Richardson, now regrets dumping on Hillary?

Interesting

[edit on 023131p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The Trojan Horse is appointing Clinton White House Chief of Staff Leon Panetta, Political Hack for the Democrats (a description, not an insult).. to be head of the CIA

He has absolutely no experience in that area.

So it looks like Obama is ClintonBush's 9th term.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I truly believe that the rampant corruption that lobbyist bring and their fee access to politicians is what is causing this problem in the nation.

How can the people elect this politicians and then expect to compete with this lobbyist that offer what we the people can not?

Our entire political system is corrupted and dirty as long as this fat rats are allow in Washington.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join