It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bliss (Ode To Jones) A Poem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The blistering tongue forming corruption filled phrases, the dead-eyed stare numbing the hundreds of gazes. Pounding fists shaking podiums while ranting and raving, rabid jaw clinching spewing hatred words scathing. "Walk with me, I'm the sign of the ancient one's coming, I am the almighty this is why I'm not running. I will make sure you and your children are fed; I will assure you that your enemies will all soon be dead. I am your savior, your true God, your alter; kneel down before me for I shall not falter." Tipping back this cup of liquid I'll follow, as bodies fall down beside me I'll swallow. We drink this dream anonymously blending in with the heard, believing this angel's every smile, every word. Detached are your eyes disguised behind glass, the darkening perception with each second that pass…. Bliss

...So do I

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Never expected to read such a thought provoking ode to Jim Jones... coming from Guyana and having heard of the notoriety every time I mention where I'm from, I have a certain bias against the man. Not for what he did in life but just for the negative association he brought to my home country following his death.

I liked your use of words, it painted quite a picture and the image also helped to express those words.

join